Home Alone 2: Lost In New York - 20th Anniversary 2CD Edition by La-La Land Records (2012)

Jay

Sry, yes, "My" Christmas Tree...and it does say previously unreleased, but as seen by other comments on this, most people don't realize its on that other album. Just wondered if it had been confirmed as the film version.

HOME ALONE 2: LOST IN NEW YORK: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) LLLCD 1232

Music by John Williams

Limited Edition of 3000 Units

STARTS SHIPPING DEC 7th

RETAIL PRICE: $24.98

HomeAlone2Web.jpg

ORDER “HOME ALONE 2: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)” starting Dec 4th at 1pm PST atwww.lalalandrecords.com

La-La Land Records and 20th Century Fox proudly present the remastered and slightly expanded 2-CD release of acclaimed composer John Williams’ (JAWS, STAR WARS, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, SCHINDLER’S LIST) orchestral score to the 1992 blockbuster holiday sequel HOME ALONE 2: LOST IN NEW YORK, starring Macaulay Culkin, Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern, and directed by Chris Columbus. Williams builds upon his marvelous HOME ALONE score, giving the Yuletide saga of Kevin McCallister a festive and joyous, Big Apple spin that will have you smiling through the holiday season! Produced by Nick Redman and Mike Matessino, and mastered by Dan Hersch and Mike Matessino, this special release, limited to 3000 units, features exclusive, in-depth liner notes by John Williams historian Mike Matessino. Yesssss!

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1

1 Somewhere in My Memory 3:54 (Lyrics: Leslie Bricusse) Chorus & Orchestra

2 Star of Bethlehem 3:32 (Lyrics: Leslie Bricusse) Chorus & Orchestra

3 Home Alone (Main Title) 2:10

4 This Year’s Wish 1:48

5 We Overslept Again / Holiday Flight 3:18

6 Separate Vacations 1:58

7 Arrival in New York 2:58

8 The Thieves Return 3:29

9 Plaza Hotel 3:04

10 Concierge 1:32

11 Distant Goodnights (Christmas Star) 2:05 (Lyrics: Leslie Bricusse) Chorus & Orchestra

12 A Day in the City 1:00

13 Duncan’s Toy Store 2:42

14 Turtle Doves 1:29

15 To the Plaza, Presto 3:25

16 Race to the Room / Hot Pursuit 4:10

17 Haunted Brownstone 3:01

18 Appearance of the Pigeon Lady 3:23

19 Christmas at Carnegie Hall 5:11 O Come, All Ye Faithful / O Little Town of Bethlehem / Silent Night

Disc 1: 54:09

DISC 2

1 Christmas Star – Preparing the Trap 4:23 (Lyrics: Leslie Bricusse) Chorus & Orchestra

2 Another Christmas in the Trenches 2:34

3 Running Through Town 1:16

4 Luring the Thieves 4:02

5 Kevin’s Booby Traps 7:25

6 Down the Rope /Into the Park 5:07

7 Reunion at Rockefeller Center /It’s Christmas 5:21

8 Finale 2:00

9 We Wish You a Merry Christmas (Traditional) / Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas 2:52 (Lyrics: Leslie Bricusse) Chorus & Orchestra

10 End Titles (“Somewhere in My Memory”) 1:34

11 God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen /Good King Wenceslas (Traditional)* 2:23

Additional Music:

12 The Christmas Song* 1:42

13 Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!* 1:16

14 Winter Wonderland* 3:25

15 My Christmas Tree 2:39 (Written by Jack Feldman and Alan Menken)

16 Christmas Star 3:21 (Lyrics: Leslie Bricusse) Chorus & Orchestra

17 Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas (alternate) 2:44*

18 Celebrity Ding-Dang-Dong* :41

19 Holiday Flight (alternate) 2:26

20 Suite from “Angels with Filthy Souls II” :58

21 Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas (orchestra) 2:27

Disc 2: 58:37

Total Two-Disc Time: 112:46

* Previously Unreleased

From the official LLL email

Note that LLL will not have their stock of Home Alone 2 and The Untouchables in until Thursday night / Friday morning, so if you order either of those along with Die Hard 3 or the Trek box (both of which they already have in stock), your entire order won't ship until Friday. So if you want Die Hard 3 or the Trek Box right away, order them separately from Home Alone 2 and/or The Untouchables.

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=92965&forumID=1

I'm actually listening to it right now. :)

Received shipping notice on Thursday morning. But then again, I heard some people from FSM never got one and they're receiving copies. When did you order it?

Karol

i ordered it the 6th of dec. my order is 60820.

it usually takes 15 days to arrive to spain so i dont expect mine at home yet... but i always had got a shipping notice.

My order no. was 58847, so quite far away and I ordered it the minute it was available.

But as I said some people didn't get a notice and still received their CD's.

You can always e-mail them, can't you?

Karol

I never received a shipping notice, yet mine arrived today. Last communication was their 'ships in 2-3 days' message last Friday.

That's seriously fast, both for LLL, and this close to Christmas. Are Santa's elves on something this year? :P

Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas is not new. It was the version first released on the song compilation album (there were two albums released back in 1992, remember?). It is simply the choral version with the intro from the orchestra only version that you can hear on the Varese Deluxe Edition. You could probably merge the two yourself, if you wanted to.

The only new Williams track is fictional TV theme Celebrity Ding-Dong-Dong, a 41-second piece of source music. That's it.

Karol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have this set now, since I missed the Varese version, and like the additional music very much. Sound quality is fine, although on the bright side.

Question for the experts: Why has Alan Menken written the Christmas Tree song in the beginning of the movie, and not Williams?

Hmmm, still not sure whether to get this. I have the Varese edition, which I still enjoy (whenever I do listen to it, which is, admittedly, not that often these days).

Am I really to spend another 25 bucks for an extra 10 minutes?

On the other hand, this edition is limited, and it will be sold out eventually. And who knows? Maybe 10, 20 years down the road I might regret not getting it.

Ahhh darn. :folder:

Kinda freaking out here. I received a shipping notice December 10. CD still hasn't arrived yet... Should I start to worry...? :(

It's been almost a month now... CD still hasn't arrived. Should I start to worry now...?

• 2 months later...

Wow I mean just wow. Christian Clemmensen gave the score paltry 2 stars in his new review, which now includes the LLL album as well. At times I just don't get this guy.

His buy/avoid bit says all you need to know about his stance:

...almost a completely redundant accompaniment to the predecessor... and ...minimal amount of unique music left off of the 1992 commercial album...

Absolute rubbish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Wow I mean just wow. Christian Clemmensen gave the score paltry 2 stars in his new review, which now includes the LLL album as well. At times I just don't get this guy.

I mostly agree with that review, though I'd bump it up to 3. There are some fun new sections but it's not quite enough to make up for the wholesale recycled sections.

So, has anyone compared this to the Varese?

Does it have different sound quality?

I haven't got a Varese release. But they state in the new booklet that the source is virtually the same.

Karol

So, has anyone compared this to the Varese?

Does it have different sound quality?

I haven't got a Varese release. But they state in the new booklet that the source is virtually the same.

Karol

Yes, the source would be the same, but is the mixing the same too?

i was wondering if it had an improved sound like the La-laland Jane Eyre comparing to the older release.

• 5 months later...

Home Alone 2, 2012 expanded score.

Yes or no? 

Should I wait for the next anniversary release? Will there be one?

3 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Home Alone 2, 2011 expanded score.

Yes or no? 

Should I wait for the next anniversary release? Will there be one?

Not sure what you're talking about.

Home Alone 2 has been expanded twice, once in 2002 by Varese for its 10th Anniversary, and that's long out of print.  Next was by La-la Land in 2012 for its 20th anniversary, that's available right here for $25

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/Site/HA2.html

That's what you should get.  There isn't going to be another one.

And there was no expansion done in 2011.