Childhood

Just came across it on a old CDr.

Had not listened to it in years, nearly forgotten it excisted.

Very nice Mr. Takis, and glad to see Demi Fragale still appears to be singing.

Now, anyone here know what the hell I'm on about? :)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you be referring to the "Childhood" song from Hook? The one for which John Takis recorded vocals be Demi Fragale?

EDIT: Why did you put that in spoiler tags?

Hmmm....good point actually.

Didn't Ricard start his site "The Music Of Star Wars: Episode I-The Phantom Menace" (or something like that) in 1999?

Of course the MB was part of the Groovy Yak JW site, I think.

Anyway John Takis was a big contributer in those days, especially when it came to sorting out unreleased music from TPM. He, together with Jim Ware and ElvisJones were considered the experts.

I remember finding out about this years ago on the MB, and it was kind of surprising because Demi lives on my street (or rather, she lived with her parents on the street where I lived with my parents throughout middle and high school). She actually babysat for my brother one time and recognized the "Childhood" melody when he was playing "Flight to Neverland" on CD. Small world!

Didn't Ricard start his site "The Music Of Star Wars: Episode I-The Phantom Menace" (or something like that) in 1999?

It was called "Star Wars: Episode I - The Music"

Anyway John Takis was a big contributer in those days, especially when it came to sorting out unreleased music from TPM. He, together with Jim Ware and ElvisJones were considered the experts.

Yep and I was the guy who broke how to rip the music out of "The Phantom Menace" PC game

Can't believe it's been 10 years...

I posted as TedTheBug1 back then

I actually just told that whole story a few months back in a "How did you get into JW" thread I started

And here I was thinking you were just the bloke rambling on about Indiana Jones music. ;)

Nah I've been posting on and off here since the beginning.... just go through phases where I went LONG periods without posting... like a lot of college and a length of time in my mid twenties.... a lot of that same time I wasn't listening to film music much at all either. Lately I've been listening to film scores more than I ever have before...

I remember downloading the LP rip of "Uncovering the Ark" here on June or July 2000. It was a 128kbps mp3 with many noises due to compression. But back then, it sure made my day.

Also a VHS rip of "The Scroll/To Pankot Palace" which was credited as "unreleased music, newly discovered".

Since I had a 33,6kbps dial-up connection at that time, I didn't explore the site well enough, and ended up forgetting about it, until the Indy expanded editions were announced last year...