Elfman / Burton Box Set Coming.

Ollie

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they release a version without the book, dvd, usb stick, and zoetrope for say $250, I'd get it without a second though at all

If they release a version without the book, dvd, usb stick, and zoetrope for say $250, I'd get it without a second though at all

It would be worth it for Nightmare alone lol That and Pee-Wee. Amazing.

Ditto, even though the book is probably the item I wish the most. I hope it will be released as a stand-alone item one day.

And talking about rarities and oddities of this huge boxset, how lovely are the "music box" arrangements of Pee-Wee, NBC and Edward? I can't stop listening to them.

um those 'jingle bells' and 'here comes santa' source cues from nightmare b4 christmas, are there in the movie? where?

Yes, they are. Jingle Bells is after "Kidnp Sandy Claws"; "Here comes Santa Claus" is after "Oogie Boogie's Song".

thanks!

is it true source music or underscore?

I dont know if it breaks the musical flow a little...

Edit: oh no problem, sorted out. here comes santa has the beginning of big send-off, so that will count as underscore.

• 2 weeks later...

Have those that ordered the non-collector's edition directly from WB gotten shipping confirmation? Because Amazon just notified me that the release has been delayed, and I'm wondering if I could get it from WB sooner?

I'm still waiting for a version without the zoetrope, book, dvd, and skeleton key

I don't believe that everything he said it hard fact. We were also told there would only ever be 1000 units.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if the material on these CDs make it out in one way or another eventually

I feel the opposite. I would buy the book or DVD separately in a New York sec, but have no interest in the expanded scores, since I already own all of them in perfectly fine original releases.

My name is even in the friggin' book! I hate that I can't get to it.

You're best bet is individual releases by LLL.

Definitely.

I think we're going to see, at the very least, Planet of the Apes and Sleepy Hollow properly expanded from them. Neither had impressive expansions and my guess is that's because LLL is going to do them properly.

Just do what I did for the Bernstein box and get someone to buy it for you as a Christmas gift. ;)

That's how I got my wish list at SAE cleared.

Just do what I did for the Bernstein box and get someone to buy it for you as a Christmas gift. ;)

That's how I got my wish list at SAE cleared.

Haha I actually ended up getting it from someone on FSM about a year ago for $120.

I got mine last week for about $140 used on eBay including shipping. I will check each disc before I leave feedback, but it is what it is.

I do realize that FSM included it on their Ides of March sale for $150, but I was dumb and passed it up. Then the Slipstream fiasco made me feel guilty about deciding to keep it, so I figured I'd go overboard in another way.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine shipped from amazon today and is arriving tomorrow!! In the end I only paid $336 for it because of store credit for some old school books I traded in, plus the free Prime shipping. Much more palatable than the $550 it would have cost ordering from WB. :up:

And certainly better than the $700 it would have cost me.

Nice deal, joey, even though it's still expensive.

Yeah, even at the price I got it at I was extremely hesitant to order it. Sometimes it's best just to bite the bullet though and go for it so you don't regret missing out later on.

The international shipping charges for this must be ridiculous, $700. I feel bad for you guys over there!

Yeah, even at the price I got it at I was extremely hesitant to order it. Sometimes it's best just to bite the bullet though and go for it so you don't regret missing out later on.

The international shipping charges for this must be ridiculous, $700. I feel bad for you guys over there!

Shipping is one thing. But the real problem is the taxes and customs for any multimedia item above 200 NOK (roughly $35) imported from abroad.

Mine shipped from amazon today and is arriving tomorrow!! In the end I only paid $336 for it because of store credit for some old school books I traded in, plus the free Prime shipping. Much more palatable than the $550 it would have cost ordering from WB. :up:

Good job, I could see spending that much without second guessing myself.

Joey, do you know when you ordered it on Amazon? I haven't gotten a shipping notification yet.

I'd be excited if I actually thought it would ship in 5 days...I'm half expecting another delay.

And now I got an email saying my order just shipped...