Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Is The New Intrada Album

Jay

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Varese Sarabande released a 30 min version upon the film's initial release. There's also several boots floating around as well that contain more music.

Hmmm, I think it may end up being something big now.

Doug clarified his comments that it was something that people guessed correctly but his remarks gave the impression it wasn't.

So it may end up being Honey I Shrunk The Kids.

Hmmm, I think it may end up being something big now.

Doug clarified his comments that it was something that people guessed correctly but his remarks gave the impression it wasn't.

So it may end up being Honey I Shrunk The Kids.

That's not too bad of a score but it's one I can skip on.

Roger just shut down Innerspace while replying at my post at the Intrada forum. At this point it could only be Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. And if they managed in releasing this apparently impossible title, then everything is possible. It's only a matter of time when we'll see all the "most-wanted-yet- still-unreleased" titles...

It was a legit release. I don't see any reason why that can't be counted.

OT - it's also the best bit of the movie.....falling into the "Not bad, not a bad effort at all" category....

My guess is Innerspace.

That would be lovely great but I believe it was mentioned that this score had never seen a release.

Innerspace received a release with about 30 minutes of score, along with songs.

It's not Innerspace - Feigelson shot it down here

Ghostbusters 2... I'd love it if it was that. Only a few months ago I tried to rip a piece of the score from the DVD but there were too many sfx. Plus you would expect a release from a movie as big as that, even if Edelman's not the biggest name.

I'd probably go for Honey I Shrunk if that's it. Despite the stealing, I still think it's a really inventive score, and has everything that makes a Disney family movie memorable to me.

I don't remember the score but I remember the movie being one of the surprises of the summer. Its a really nice film. I didn't even mind Moranis that much

For all the legal grief the score may have caused it certainly is a fun one and I would be glad to toss my other version out the window if it is indeed released on Monday.

I wish Disney would give the film a proper release on DVD, widescreen etc etc

The original release was bare and fullscreen if I'm not mistaken.

For all the legal grief the score may have caused it certainly is a fun one and I would be glad to toss my other version out the window if it is indeed released on Monday.

I wish Disney would give the film a proper release on DVD, widescreen etc etc

The original release was bare and fullscreen if I'm not mistaken.

Ya it was bare and in full-screen. I agree that Disney should give the film a proper release in widescreen. Hopefully one day they will. I never cared for the sequels that much but the original is always fun to watch.

Megawattage could refer to the proton packs the Ghostbusters wear.

Good point. IF it's Ghostbusters II I will most likely get it. That definitely has never had any sort of release and all that is out there is a boot with sfx.

Mega-wattage reference is rather obvious once you connect it to the film I think.

I think it's an all synth score too, so that must surely reduce the cost of releasing it (i.e. no reuse fees).

Anyway. roll on Monday! It's 8pm eastern time isn't it?

Just back from holiday and reading through this, I can't believe NO-ONE has released the BTTF score yet! :fouetaa:

I've got the very good boot of course, but there are a few bits missing..........

I haven't seen the film; is there a connection between Ghosbusters II and "Let's get small"?

There's a baby in the film. Other than that I really don't see a connection hench why I have doubts (though would welcome it).

One must also remember that Small is capitalized, which would leave most to believe they are referring to a composer, namely Michael Small.

I agree, and by browsing IMDB the only film I saw that I think would fit would be The Postman Always Rings Twice. If that is indeed what it is, it'd be an easy skip for me.

You know it dawned on me the other day, and someone also pointed it out at Intrada's board...

Roger's hint of "Let's Get Small" is a track title off the original Innerspace album....

You know it dawned on me the other day, and someone also pointed it out at Intrada's board...

Roger's hint of "Let's Get Small" is a track title off the original Innerspace album....

Ya but Roger shot down Innerspace.

It depends on which comments Doug said he made an error on.

If it didn't see a release at the time the movie came out then that rules out Innerspace. Somehow I don't see a mega wattage score or film from Michael Small.

The film in question did very good at the box office so that's why I think it's going to be Honey I Shrunk The Kids. Plus it's one that people didn't think would see a release.

I hope it's not Ghostbusters II. Even though it's at a low bitrate and full of SFX, I really haven't heard anything at this site that makes me really interested in buying it. I still can't pick up on anything to call a main theme here:

http://www.ecto-web.org/~spookcentral/gb2_score.htm

If you can, listen to track 8 at the 1:45 & 2:14 mark and you will here the short heroic theme for the Ghostbusters. It's nothing special, especially compared to Bernstein's work on the first film.

I think Bernstein choose not to work on the sequel because he wanted to get away from doing comedies.