Are these Fairlight samples (Elliot Goldenthal - DEMOLITION MAN)?

Sharkissimo

Museum Dis Duel by Elliot Goldenthal on Grooveshark

Always liked how EG incorporated an early 90s West Coast Hip-Hop feel to parts of this score. Anyone know what these samples are? I can hear some scratching, reversed stuff and things that sound the famed 'Orchestra Hit.'

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

very high quality for a fairlight . It was 8 bit and somewhat noisy..although by 85 a 16bit version was out. This was a real fav of post production studios...as was the syncvlavier which would have been my first guess . But by the 90's sampling was cheap. I was using the akai rack S1000 to fly in backing vocals all the time. It would be very simple just to map a bunch of effects cross the keyboard and play against the score. I suspect this was done post and not like jerry's scores with some dude hiding behind a mountain of jerry's favourite keyboards that month.

t

very high quality for a fairlight . It was 8 bit and somewhat noisy..although by 85 a 16bit version was out. This was a real fav of post production studios...as was the syncvlavier which would have been my first guess . But by the 90's sampling was cheap. I was using the akai rack S1000 to fly in backing vocals all the time. It would be very simple just to map a bunch of effects cross the keyboard and play against the score. I suspect this was done post and not like jerry's scores with some dude hiding behind a mountain of jerry's favourite keyboards that month.

t

Think EG's electronics were done before the orchestra sessions - prelays as with Eflman, JNH, Zimmer etc.

Just wandering what the origin of some of these samples are, especially the the more electronic sounding ones.  One of them sounds like this cool effect in A View To A Kill.

And again at 1:43, 1:47. What's that punchy vocal sound at 1:46?

Flanging? Reverse reverb? I know Nick Rhodes is a Fairlight man.

Maybe it's Arr1 - the sound from AoN's Moments in Love?