Upcoming Films

Quintus

Reviews of Tomorrowland seem to confirm my suspicions. It's a "wait 'til it's on cable and fall asleep while watching it, regretting that you didn't watch DS9 instead" kind of movie.

Reviews of Tomorrowland seem to confirm my suspicions. It's a "wait 'til it's on cable and fall asleep while watching it, regretting that you didn't watch DS9 instead" kind of movie.

This was a film that I had really no interest in until I saw a newer trailer attached to The Avengers. Reviews that are coming in are pretty bad though.

Martin Scorsese's Silence might come out in November 2015, according to this article:

"Paramount, which acquired U.S. distribution, is reportedly eying a November 2015 release date for “Silence.”"

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/cannes-after-martin-scorseses-silence-niels-juul-seeks-to-bring-other-cecchi-gori-properties-to-the-big-screen-exclusive-1201502523/

Do you not know what "I called it" means?

I means "I predicted it", not that it was posted before, because it wasn't, because its new news.

Looks good! This might be the true successor to Polanski's interpretation.

Not sure how I feel about the stylized battle sequence though.

Looks good indeed!

I hope the short bit of music we get to hear is not representative of how the rest sounds like, because it sounds a tad generic to me.

Not sure how I feel about the stylized battle sequence though.

The slow-mo seems to ruin the scene (at least, as seen out of context)..

Same style as The Social Network teaser. They're obviously going for the same vibe. I like.

boxoffice poison

First pics from Ridley Scott's The Martian

martian-matt-01-800.jpg

the-martian-03.jpg

the-martian-01.jpg

martian-kristen-01-800.jpg

the-martian-02.jpg

the-martian-04.jpg

91325.jpg

91324.jpg

91322.jpg

In that third pic, the vehicle looks fake for some reason

What's offensive and insensitive? The picture? The historical reference? The idiomatic usage of the term "Grammar Nazi" in light of the fact that someone observed bad grammar from you? You need to be more specific than that. ^_^

But I did also ask if you knew about the Black List. Let's focus on that more positive and flame-resistant topic instead.

mnac87 has already demonstrated his Nazi sympathies.

It's RedBard now. But this will carry over into the next thing I have to say.

Anti-semite!

You know, I can't tell if you're joking or not from the context clues given here, so I'm just gonna say this:

I could spend a whole forum post writing an essay about how you're both wrong about me, but even then you wouldn't drop your misconceptions about me. It would be a waste of my time and energy to convince people who couldn't be convinced.

As such, I won't entertain it any longer.

Now, about that Black List...

Does student director/producer count? ^_^

Anyway, I don't need to be any of those to know what's being "shopped around." It interests me because here's a list of what these high-profile producers, directors, and even actors really like, and thus increasing the chances of that particular script getting priced. That's why I mentioned Catherine the Great; it was at the to of last year's Black List.

Not to mention it's also fun to "hear" the soundtrack potential of these scripts as I read them.

Some of the dialogue sounded absolutely awful.

Prometheus? Well, Matt Damon is alone on Mars so The Martian will most likely have less dialogue than Prometheus. Hopefully Damon won't talk too much to himself either.

Alex

Some of the dialogue sounded absolutely awful.

Prometheus? Well, Matt Damon is alone on Mars so The Martian will most likely have less dialogue than Prometheus. Hopefully Damon won't talk too much to himself either.

Alex

No, The Martian. What I heard was utterly cringey.