What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

I just found the direction and structure much more dramatic than the still pretty damn good Wall sequence. I've not felt cinematic insurmountable odds and impending DOOOOOOOM like today's events since LotR.

The threat is real!

Indeed. I found this scene far more impressive than the siege of the Wall, which was quite a spectacle on its own, but just didn't have the raw power of this sequence. Makes me think of old PJ's best, like Helm's Deep. Brilliantly choreographed.

The part where the people outside are screaming and then fade away is chilling.

The shot of the Others watching from the cliff gave me the chills.

GOThorsemen.gif

That cliftop shot was indeed spectacular, meant to mention that earlier. Even LotR didn't have anything so threatening for its Ring Wraiths, which it really ought to have done.

Just finished season 1 of Silicon Valley. Overall a pleasant and likeable show... but that gloriously elaborate dick joke in the finale episode is legendary.

Silicon Valley is great! The final ep of the first season needed that extended dick joke to really bring everything together and deliver a big extended comedy bit instead of the series of small ones they'd been doing to that point.

Season 2 is just as good as the first, its a really terrific show with a great cast. Only bummer is the real-life death of one of the funniest actors on the show.

I'm currently watching Amazing Stories on netflix because it's leaving the library come july 1st. It's ok, but it's definitely an 80s style TV show.

A couple of silly episodes, a couple of good ones. But half of the fun is seeing who helmed the episode, who starred in it, who had cameos in it, and who scored it.

Some top names in every department have contributed to the series, Spielberg himself having directed two episodes, with Johnny scoring.

But what's with the framerate on netflix, it's like 12 fps. After a while I don't notice it anymore, but still a bit annoying.

It's bang out of order that things "leave the library" in Netflix. Until the streaming companies sort their shit out properly with the distributors they're never going to be considered a mainstream competitor to satellite and cable services.

John's score to those two episodes are great, especially The Mission

I've already bought two TV series because of their removal from Netflix. Maybe that's their plan. I've been waiting for almost four years for the Stargates to return, but I'm not buying them.

I know a lot of folks have basically given up on the Wachowskis at this point, but did anyone watch, or plan on watching, Sense8? Looks kind of interesting, but not sure I want to waste my time. Once I start a show that only has 1 or 2 seasons I can't not finish it.

I know a lot of folks have basically given up on the Wachowskis at this point, but did anyone watch, or plan on watching, Sense8? Looks kind of interesting, but not sure I want to waste my time. Once I start a show that only has 1 or 2 seasons I can't not finish it.

You should check out the Finder.

Watched the first 9 episodes of Community. Wow, this is a great show. It started off great and just keeps on getting better.

Watched the first 9 episodes of Community. Wow, this is a great show. It started off great and just keeps on getting better.

It's been the total opposite for us. First 3 or 4 episodes of the first season were brilliant but we're now on about epi 10 and the laughs are drying up more and more with each one.

When does Community get good again?

It's been the total opposite for us. First 3 or 4 episodes of the first season were brilliant but we're now on about epi 10 and the laughs are drying up more and more with each one.

When does Community get good again?

Odd, I don't see any drop in quality so far. In fact now that the characters have been fully established and we know what makes them tick, the joy of the show is how the jokes revolve about what these characters do to each other. at time these jokes are predictable but in a good way, almost as we as viewers are in on the whole thing, while other times they're gleefully unpredictable. I also like that the funny on display is pretty diverse - there's dumb (but funny) stuff and the more sophisticated kind too. Not every ep is great of course - the one with Jack Black wasn't very good I thought, but on the whole I like this a lot.

And Abed's Batman is hilarious!

You only need to add Bound to that and you'll be fine

I know most people go gaga over The Matrix but Bound is their best film. Terrific noir, and for my money, one of the best movies of the 90s.