Confirmed - no "lost" battle music for Ep 2

That doesn't work, Steef. I still don't like this place. Anyway, I don't think Luke is from Madrid, I would've met him otherwise.

And Luke, I am arguing with you for the last time. It seems that George Lucas has managed to get veeeery deep into your superego so you'd defend him no matter what he does. You say that it's not true that the prequels aren't Star Wars movies. Well, let me ask you something, Luke: What is a Star Wars movie?

You would say "any movie that takes place in the Star Wars universe". But I don't think so. For many, maaaany people (not necessarily me) a Star Wars movie is a movie from their golden age of childhood where myth and science mix, where humanity prevails when together.  

That's what Star Wars is about. It's not about machine-men, X-Wings, AT-ATs or Clones. It's about what they represent, about the hopeful and innocently plain message: good triumphs over evil.

I don't think you can make a Star Wars movie by just adding the Star Wars title and the crawling introduction. There's a lot more to Star Wars and let's face it, the Prequels just don't have that sense of good over evil, of peaceful, simple philosophy.

And that's a fact.

-ROSS who nonetheless prefers the Prequel Trilogy storywise.

I'm not defending Lucas Here. I do not defend him with my life regardless he does. I don't like Music edits, (another thing is calling the gods for it), i dont like the lack of saber colors (although it is EU, he added a purple saber, why not at least yellow? why does give freehand to writers if he didnt wanted so many saber colors) ), if he kills the prequels showing Leia and Darth Vader i would neither like it.

I'm Defending the prequels as the SW movies they are.

OK so in TPM, Naboo didnt defeated the Trade Federation, Neither Obi-Wan Killed Maul

And Well in AOC, it seems to the republic that it has won, but in fact the Sith Have, But heck who won in ESB? The Empire.

And in EpIII the empire will won. But becasue it is necesary.

To make good triumph over evil, the evil has to be created. that's what the prequel trilogy is about.

The prequel trilogy as the Original trilogy has its reality issue. It is about evil triumphs over good. In the new we are told about the fragility of Republics, that need to be based upon the union of people, and when it fails the evil ovetake them. In the old trilogy we are told that when tyrants rule, people join together to fight the evil and overtake them, making a free and fair goverment.

And all the things about what a star wars movie is. Well, the Ewoks movies are not SW movies, and they are based on the same universe.

Austin Powers 2 started with the crawling introduction and it DEFINATELY is not a SW movie.

A star wars movie is a movie made by George Lucas with that finality. But this comes from one who respects Lucas, so... To know what a SW movies is, we should ask George Lucas. NOBODY else can make that definition as nobody else can name your sons.

And speaking of sons, if you have 3 sons during a decade, and maybe 10 years later you have another one, your friends and family will say that the second one is not your son because your son would have to be born in the decade before and from the person you were in that decade?

And Ricard, The movies are all SW movies. And subjectively you can believe that they are not. But do not tell me (or people like me) that they are not the FACT they are: SW Movies. Better (or the best) or Worse (or the worst) movies but they still are.

Another matter:

Is ANH open-ended or not? I think i made some points that say that it is as opened as TPM, but noone answered them.

Lets recall it (and add some):

- The Emperor, Vader and the Empire are not killed-overthrown

- Saying words in the mind of Luke is all 'the powerful than you can possibly imagine' Obi-Wan becomes? What a Bluff!

- Who is the Emperor, anyway? the Guy doesn't appear in the movie...

- Who is Jabba (regarding the original edit)

- Will Han Solo pay his debt? Or will he stay in the Rebellion?

And Joe, you have seen the 5 movies, dont you? You cannot act if you didn't know by now. And we all know that Obi-Wan had a particular 'point view' of the universe.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is ANH open-ended or not?

No, it isn't.

I think i made some points that say that it is as opened as TPM, but noone answered them.

Lets recall it (and add some):

- The Emperor, Vader and the Empire are not killed-overthrown

Star Wars is about a boy rescuing a princess and destroying an evil weapon. That's it. All of the story elements are tied up at the end of the film.

- Saying words in the mind of Luke is all 'the powerful than you can possibly imagine' Obi-Wan becomes? What a Bluff!

I don't follow you there. How is it a bluff? Obi-Wan's spirit voice guided Luke during the battle. The spirits have never been explained satisfactorily, so I see no point in bringing this up.

- Who is the Emperor, anyway? the Guy doesn't appear in the movie...

Exactly. He's not an important character. He's only briefly mentioned. In Star Wars the entire Empire is represented by the Death Star. Once Luke destroys that, for the audience that's the end of the Empire. Now, things would have been different if we had seen the Emperor on Coruscant, and seen how vast the Empire really was, but since none of this is shown (and it's not important to Star Wars anyway) your argument doesn't hold up.

- Who is Jabba (regarding the original edit)

A totally un-important character. His prescence in the film adds nothing.

- Will Han Solo pay his debt? Or will he stay in the Rebellion?

Who cares? His character fully evolved in the film. There are those who argue if Han should have even been in the sequels. It's a good argument though, as his character had little to do by the end of the film series. Don't believe me? Just look at how bored Harrison Ford is in Jedi. He knew there was nowhere to go with the part.

Neil

Let's see. The Emperor is not an important character, right. He is just the ruler in the galaxy :). I see your point, and i agree that we would have seen Coruscant and him if the movie was done nowadays. Anyway, we WILLl see him :biglaugh: .

Well If i were Obi-Wan, i would have not said 'i will become more powerful that you can possibly imagine' if i were only to say things to Luke. I would have said 'killing me will not change your destiny, or will not acomplish anything' or similar. I mean seeing Obi-Wan as a ghost, we see he is more powerful, and we can think he can train luke better than speaking only.

The Galactic Empire IS NOT the Death Star. We see that there are Star Destroyers - so a fleet of them is supposed. The Death Star is only a mayor battle station.

A ended movie does not bring questions like, why did Vader survive, who is the Emperor... that's why i mentioned him

TPM is about a boy , helping a queen and destroying the Trade Federation. And here the rulers were incarcelated.

Vader survived-Sidious did

And we don't know if Sidious wants to be the Emperor AND Palpatine does not look like and evil person (if he had smiled when Amidala left his room, then we could see something). The 'who was destroyed..' thing and subsequent camera on Palpatine could be simply artistic, showing us the whole funeral 'party'.

I'm not saying that ANH is opened, just making points for you to see that TPM does not opened too, as ESB (begining and endig opened), ROJ (beggining opened), AOC (beginning and endig opened)

Who cares about Han's life? Ok, then, Will Luke Become a Jedi?

Harrison Ford never liked the SW movies (even SW). But i didn't saw him bored, anyway....

You just don't get it, Luke. Yes, officialy the Prequels are indeed Star Wars movies. What I mean is that to most people official means nothing.

What people say when we mean that the Prequels aren't Star Wars movies is that they don't feel like Star Wars movies, and you just keep insisting that they do feel like them. And that you can't convince them of.

-ROSS, who still likes the Prequels, as a science-fiction saga on their own.

The 14 track CD is a little over 76 minutes. The complete score I believe is about 125 minutes.

Was this ever confirmed?? I don't buy it. The battle music is obviously not existant and that is a long portion of the film. Not to mention there are even a few scenes that were not score in the film. I doubt there is that much music.

I still believe there is 100-110 minutes of score.

The 14 track CD is a little over 76 minutes. The complete score I believe is about 125 minutes.

Was this ever confirmed?? I don't buy it. The battle music is obviously not existant and that is a long portion of the film. Not to mention there are even a few scenes that were not score in the film. I doubt there is that much music.

I still believe there is 100-110 minutes of score.

Every score since Empire has been over 2 hours, why should Clones be any different? From everything that I've read about it, the movie was scored wall to wall (with the exception of the arena sequence, obviously) so that still means there is well over 2 hours of film to score.

Neil - who wonders if Lucas and Williams bother to spot the films anymore

You just don't get it, Luke. Yes, officialy the Prequels are indeed Star Wars movies. What I mean is that to most people official means nothing.

That sounds like the Medieval era. Negating science (or reality in this case)

That sounds like the Medieval era. Negating science (or reality in this case)

God Luke you're not even trying to understand our point of view, are you? You're just systematically saying we're not right.

For the zillionth time: for many people Star Wars is more than a lot of galactic weird names and history. It's a simple story (all three of the movies) that has nothing to do with the Prequel Trilogy. So the Prequel Trilogy is not Star Wars to us, because there's nothing in those movies except for names and places that has anything in common with the original trilogy.

Adding the yellow main title at the beginning doesn't make them Star Wars movies.

-ROSS

The prequels are starwars. Ofically or not, I don't care, they are. It's all part of the same story. If you don't like it, fine, but it's still starwars. You don't have the right to consider it starwars or not because you are not the one who created it. If george lucas says it's part of the saga, it's because it is and it's the way he wants his story told. It's just the way it is.

The prequels are starwars. Ofically or not, I don't care, they are. It's all part of the same story. If you don't like it, fine, but it's still starwars. You don't have the right to consider it starwars or not because you are not the one who created it. If george lucas says it's part of the saga, it's because it is and it's the way he wants his story told. It's just the way it is.

Don't try. They will not change their mind, as us.

You don't have the right to consider it starwars or not because you are not the one who created it.

Are you implying that the millions of people who DON'T consider Poltergeist a Tobe Hooper film (although IT IS officially a Tope Hooper film -and a Steven Spielberg production) "don't have the right" to do that? :roll:

Maybe even a little more (since Spielberg wrote the screenplay all by himself).

Anyway, I really don't see what this has got to do with wether the prequels should be considered starwars movies or not.

We're not discussing where the merit or craft of any film lies, where discussing wether we have the right to dismiss integrant parts of someone else's story as not being really part of the story. None of us has the right do it because none of us is the crafter of the story. You don't want to considerer the prequels starwars, fine, but that doesn't change the fact that they are, no matter what, true starwars films.

Romão, who thinks Ricard takes some things way too seriously

Looks like Poltergeist is as much a Spielberg film as The Empire Strikes back is Lucas'.

TESB is an Irvin Kershner film and you don't have the right to deny that.

And you have to Say the Prequel trilogy is not SW?

Couldn't it be our subjective opinion?

Looks like Poltergeist is as much a Spielberg film as The Empire Strikes back is Lucas'.

Hmm... You mean you didn't see the sarcasm in my reply??? :?

We're not discussing where the merit or craft of any film lies, where discussing wether we have the right to dismiss integrant parts of someone else's story as not being really part of the story. None of us has the right do it because none of us is the crafter of the story.  

You don't want to considerer the prequels starwars, fine, but that doesn't change the fact that they are, no matter what, true starwars films.

Of course we DO 'have the right' to dismiss them, as we 'have the right' not to consider them Star Wars films. Who are we to tell anyone whether he 'has the right' to anything. That's my point :roll:

And of course the Prequels are officially Star Wars films. But 'true' Star Wars? No way! (IMHO, of course)

Romão, who thinks Ricard takes some things way too seriously

Seriously? LOL Not at all. It's just an internet discussion ;)

Hmm... You mean you didn't see the sarcasm in my reply??? :?

:oops: no i didn't.

I just thought you were upset for what Merkel said.

Anyways, yes officially it is a Irving Keshner film . I agree with that. I dont agree with the Lucas didnt have to do anything with that movie.

Luke, who does not want to star an argument

Anyway, it's always a pleasure to have some discussions with you guys.

We don't agree many times, but it's always great fun.

Rom~~ao, who really likes the MB