Patrick Doyle - Cinderella (2015)

Jay

I only would count LIGNE and some Branagh Shakespeare's (AS YOU LIKE IT). And CINDERELLA isn't as good as A LITTLE PRINCESS but surely better than his HARRY POTTER and stuff similar to it.

The SONGS are on the OST.

The bonus tracks are INSTRUMENTAL versions of the same songs.

The movie is getting surprisingly good reviews (and even pub liked it!). Consider me intrigued...

I had a feeling this would turn out surprisingly good!

Come on, we almost had a fight about it.

That's a relief. Looking forward to the score. Cate Blanchett will probably steal all of her scenes. Other than that I'm liking the light tone, Helena Bonham Carter actually looking good and the idea of Derek Jacobi playing the king. I'm gonna see this at some point!

And I thought I liked you!

I thought the score was fine. Worked well in the film, which is an absolute delight.

Come on, we almost had a fight about it.

That's a relief. Looking forward to the score. Cate Blanchett will probably steal all of her scenes. Other than that I'm liking the light tone, Helena Bonham Carter actually looking good and the idea of Derek Jacobi playing the king. I'm gonna see this at some point!

And I thought I liked you!

That post is a forgery! I never said that!

The film and score are an absolute delight! The film is pretty straight forward: no revisionism, no undo darkness. The score matches the film perfectly in tone and energy and, as far as I can tell, plays through 95% of the film and basically unedited, except for the expected "source" music of waltzes and polkas for the Ball. I have to disagree with Thor: These cues are entire musical pieces in and of themselves and shouldn't be weeded out of the listening experience.

Doyle's natural melodic writing is in top form here and Williams has got his work cut out for him to top this with STAR WARS for my personal "favorite of the year."

Doyle fans will also enjoy the clever musical cameo of a song from a previous Doyle/Branagh film.

TJH

Edit: Available for streaming on Google Play Music All Access.

Thoroughly enjoyed the film and the score. Delightful is a wonderful word to describe it. I just returned from seeing it with my daughter . I'm very thankful it didn't fall prey to the popular choice to "ground" or "darken" material. It was a wonderful afternoon at the thearer enjoying a fairytale with my daughter. I left smiling.

Highly recommended!

• 2 weeks later...