• Black Sunday
    • Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
    • Star Wars
    • The Fury
    • Jaws 2
    • Superman The Movie
    • Dracula
    • Jane Eyre

How about Seinfeld? You know, the most quotable show in history.

only if you watched it. I want all the characters to die, but no one more than George, then I would watch it.

only if you watched it. I want all the characters to die, but no one more than George, then I would watch it.

Are you dense? I said I wanted you to drop dead. Now... drop dead!

Are you dense? I said I wanted you to drop dead. Now... drop dead!

I get it it appeals to the simple minded aspergers ocd inflicted. ;)

It would be easy to pick Star Wars, but this time I won't. I choose Superman The Movie.

One of the correct choices.

What are the incorrect choices?

anything not Cowboys, Towering Inferno, Jaws, Star Wars, Close Encounters, 1941, Superman.

Correct choices like Towering Inferno and 1941, really? These soundtracks are neither memorable nor have muscial depth.

And why excluding Jane Eyre? One of Williams best. The string quartett alone (Festivity at Thornfield) showcasing Williams as an absolute master.

It would be easy to pick Star Wars, but this time I won't. I choose Superman The Movie.

One of the correct choices.

What are the incorrect choices?

anything not Cowboys, Towering Inferno, Jaws, Star Wars, Close Encounters, 1941, Superman.

Correct choices like Towering Inferno and 1941, really? These soundtracks are neither memorable nor have muscial depth.

Idiot!

Feel free and tell me why these scores are memorable and have musical depth instead of calling me an idiot.

This is one of the things I really don't like in this forum. It repeats quite often if people run out of arguments or don't have any, they will vulgar and offensive. Not fair play.

If someone have another opinion or point of view, I won't certainly offensive, either. I try either to convince that person with strong arguments or let it be.

No hassle, just would like to read nicer comments.

Feel free and tell me why these scores are memorable.

Because they are.

In all seriousness, memorability differs from person to person quite a bit.

Feel free and tell me why these scores are memorable and have musical depth instead of calling me an idiot.

This is one of the things I really don't like in this forum. It repeats quite often if people run out of arguments or don't have any, they will vulgar and offensive. Not fair play.

If someone have another opinion or point of view, I won't certainly offensive, either. I try either to convince that person with strong arguments or let it be.

Humor. It is a difficult concept.

Correct choices like Towering Inferno and 1941, really? These soundtracks are neither memorable nor have muscial (sic) depth.

Explain this statement.

BTW, 'Idiot!' is a running gag here. One of Stefancos's catch phrases.

Please don't go all Salacius on JWFan...

I myself didn't call you an idiot but I certainly don't think highly of your comments. Clearly you don't even begin to have a clear grasp of the power and beauty of the film music in the terrific Towering Inferno. A true 5 star out of 5 star score if ever there was. Perhaps you don't get or like melodrama or a score written for melodrama. Perhaps you can't relate to the very romantic 70's pop style. As for 1941 one only needs to listen to hear the brilliance, yes brilliance. It is among the golden scores of John's greatest period. It's got that blockbuster style yet it's got a strength and depth you cannot see. It's got so much going for it. It's also loud!

Stefan my dear fellow did you realize you have Star Wars and Close Encounters out of order.

I just jotted down the scores from the filmography on JWFan. I didnt intend to have them in a correct order.

This poll will run until next Tuesday, after that I will log the results and any vote made after that will not be counted.

I just jotted down the scores from the filmography on JWFan. I didnt intend to have them in a correct order.

But you almost listed them chronologically as in the Filmography page. Not sure why CE3K is before Star Wars then.

It's all Joe's fault!

Stefan my dear fellow did you realize you have Star Wars and Close Encounters out of order.

Good, GOOD. I feel like the Emperor.

70spoll_zps15e83fd4.jpg

This poll is now concluded. The officially logged results are displayed above.

As one can see there is a strong bias towards scores from the second part of the decade, with only Jane Eyre and Images, scores considered to be real career highlights getting votes.

It also shows that the Force is still strong when it comes to Star Wars. Literally smashing any score from that decade. The second favorite is it's eternal companion piece from that year Close Encounters.

Fairly predictable results, probably similar to earlier 70's polls, even though a few scores from that decade have now been released (Black Sunday, Family Plot)

• 2 weeks later...

This is where I fared the worst, with my own decade favourite (JANE EYRE) clocking in at 5th place. To be expected, though, compared to the more popular scores otherwise.