Williams' worst cue

EdwardHall

"Hook" seems to be very polarizing. It is not one of my favorite JW scores, but "Farewell to Neverland" is one of his best cues ever, in my opinion. The weakest parts, like "Banning back Home" sound incredibly dated, like some of the synthesizer stuff in Home Alone. I am listening to "Banning Back Home" as I write this to refresh my memory. Sounds like Williams listened to a Bob James album before he wrote it :lol:

@mbrannon47 Thank you for the link. It sounds so much better than the YouTube version

Did you think Sakharine's music in "The Adventures of Tintin" was also saccharine? LOL Indeed, parts of the Home Alone score are grating. I remember when the film came out and my middle school chorus performed "Somewhere in My Memory" at a concert. The poor parents' ears.

A choir of children who isn't the Vienna Boys Choir singing "Somewhere in My Memory"?

As Ron Howard said in Arrested Development:

"Oh, my."

Personally, I thought the main theme to Home Alone was rather saccharine.

It is, but HOOK stretches the well-measured use of that beyond the 140-minute mark with cooing choruses and puts WHEN YOU'RE ALONE on top, for which alone i would deprive Williams of one of his 5 Oscars.

Personally, I thought the main theme to Home Alone was rather saccharine.

It is, but HOOK stretches the well-measured use of that beyond the 140-minute mark with cooing choruses and puts WHEN YOU'RE ALONE on top, for which alone i would deprive Williams of one of his 5 Oscars.

"Cooing" chorus? What, did the cue sheet call for a choir of trained pigeons? Now THAT would be avant-garde.

In the spirit of Monty Python...

Williams (in John Cleese's accent):

Yes, our team of vocal coaches have spent the previous two years painstakingly training an aviary of approximately 150 pigeons to "coo" at a predetermined pitch and to sustain said pitch when given a visual signal from the conductor. As such, we have formed the world's first and only pigeon choir due to the complaints we get of them making messes in the concert hall, especially in Royal Albert's.