The Adventures of Tintin Original Soundtrack - Full Review posted on JWFan's main page

Jay

I keep writing "would", when I mean to write "wouldn't". It's my fault. The bottom line, since PJ doesn't really have a composer with whom he works all the time, it is safe to assume that with Spielberg producing (and JW available), John Williams will return to score the second movie

Yes! Now you are making sense!

And I agree with you 100%. It is likely (though of course not certain). :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, as I was going to say, JW scoring the sequel depends on when he's got something to score. K Kennedy said three years for the sequel. But it's still being written and PJ ends The Hobbit at December 2013!

Well, the thing is. I'm don't understand the schedule of the sequel, and I don't think JW will score. So bye to the long version of Tintin's theme.

Unless Shore or whoever composes it picks it up. Even though I'd rather new composers on the series to come up with completely new music every time!

Bring Elfman at some point damnit.

But why are so many people assuming that he will not score the second movie? I mean; he scored many direct sequels. Musically and productionally it makes sense.

I think he wrote it when it had already been written, designed, mo-capped, edited and slighly animated.

Jackson ends the Hobbit in December 2013, and following this idea and imagining he didn't want to re-write the script by himself and the other two like he always does he could be mo-capping it at the beggining of 2014. Which means we could have the score being written later that year.

Out of the composers PJ has worked with, namely Elfman, JNH, Shore, and now Williams, I would personally prefer Danny Elfman.

If Williams will not, or can not, do it.

thanks for the review Jason.

Because Williams is 80 and the next movie might be several years away

the next tintin film is very likely several or more years away because of the Hobbit.

so far I really like the score to this film.

Love Williams channeling his best Henry Mancini.

• 2 weeks later...