Star Wars Prequel Music Resource (part 2)

John Crichton

That isolated score video just makes me think more than ever that the whole sequence up until Duel of the Fates got jacked up in editing somehow--that rumored bit where Anakin was throwing stuff has to be real. The music just doesn't make sense with what's going on half the time, and the section from ESB literally feels like an unknowledgeable YouTube nerd's fanedit.

I just watched both the good side and dark side endings for the TFU 2 game. Towards the end of the dark side ending video I heard some more clean music from "Padmè's Visit" that we don't have.

I'm really hoping the sound effects and voices will actually stay muted this time when you mute both of them.

I'll have TFU 2 tomorrow from Amazon and I'm really looking forward to it now.

I've been playing this and so far I do hear a few new pieces. All though I won't do any recording until I initially beat the game. Then I'll go back through and do recording. A lot of the material though is recycled from TFU with TFU 2 material thrown in.

Really not a whole lot. It's mostly been The Force Unleashed 2 stuff with a few bits of recycled stuff from previously along with OT material strung in. Then again I really haven't been paying too much attention to the music while playing. After I beat the game I'll go back through and lower the voices and sfx and do the recording of the music.

I suspect a rip of the disc will be better for this matter.

I'm actually hearing the piece when Obi-Wan "interviews" Jango and I think it maybe the full entire piece. I'll have to go back through this entire game and do some recording. If I can solve my recording problem.

Well if someone can figure out how to extract music from the 10 gigs of .BIK files, I'll buy the PC version of TFU 2.

The 25 gigs of TFU 1 on my computer aren't doing me any good, because I have no idea how to isolate the music.

I heard more chunks of "Zam The Assassin" especially the part with Shmi's theme when Anakin says he's not sleeping well. In fact I think it was nearly the whole sequence. Unfortunately my damn Y audio cable is shot so I have to buy a new one. I'm going to see if my dad can check the electronic section at Wally World tonight and see if they have one. If not I'll pick one up from Newegg.

Regards to the "Interview With Jango" I think it may have been the entire cue.

Thanks steb. I just heard some more of "Death Of Dooku", particularly the part when Palpatine said, "Remember what you told me about your mother and the sandpeople?" and we hear the cry of the Sand people. It was right when Anakin freed Palpatine from his shackles. Then it should go into the material right after that which we have clean. Damn there's more AOTC and ROTS music showing up later on in this game now. I hope it continues!

Damn there's more AOTC and ROTS music showing up later on in this game now. I hope it continues!

Great man, no sleep allowed though until you've beat the game :D

I really hope a clean 'Padmé's Visit' turns up!

If I'm unable to get a new Y audio cable tonight I'll have to wait until I get a new one from Amazon which will be here this weekend. If someone is able to do any recording between now and then while I'm unable to that would be fine with me.

I thought I heard "Padmè's Visit" when I watched the Dark Side video but I think it was just "Lament".

I need to play the Dark Side ending to see if the music for the "End Credits" is different like it was for the first TFU game.

Over all there just didn't seem to be much Prequel stuff in this game. A lot of OT and mostly TFU 2 material. Hopefully PC or PS3 rips will provide better insight for those though.

Edit: Also I heard some of "I Am The Senate", primarily towards the end with the unused statement of the love theme!

Holy shit the "Dark Side' end credits are different! It opens up with a clean version of "It Can't Be!". In fact it's the whole damn cue!!!! :D Yay for no more rear channel rips of that cue! It even has some unused bits towards the beginning.

I just ordered a new Y Audio cable from Amazon and I'll have it on Saturday. I will get this music recorded by the end of this weekend for sure!

I think the piece I heard for "I Am The Senate" will have a tiny bit of dialogue but that's unavoidable. The damn dialogue and sfx won't fully be silent even when turned all the way down.

Ya I was too, who knows maybe actual rips of the game itself will reveal much more music than what was heard during game play.

Okay a bit of note it seems my Y audio cable slitter is definitely shot. However, doing some goggling lead me to reveal that all I have to get is a 3.5mm dual stereo adapter and I can plug my PS3 audio cable directly into the back of my computer. That will have clearer audio recording than recording it from the back of the TV.

I'll see if my dad's store (Wal-Mart) will have them tomorrow, if not I'll go to Best Buy and get one.

Also the cue "Interview With Jango" is not the complete cue. It's about I would say 98% of it. Judging from the edits too it's the film version (aka Ultimate Edition) of the cue. It's better than having it mostly with sound effects and dialogue though.

I'm keeping an ear to the ground for a TFU2 rip, hopefully from VGM Legacy like they did with TFU. Shame there's no PSP version as that might have been easier to rip :devil:

Alrighty ladies and gents I finally grabbed the right 3.5mm dual adapter that I needed to hook my PS3 audio cable to my computer. I don't know if I'll be doing any recording tonight. I haven't been feeling well all day, stomach has been on the queezy side. So I've just been taking it easy. If I feel better tomorrow I'll definitely do the recording then.

I just saw this on the force.net (a link to star wars.com site), about the last chapter of the ROTS making of book, not included on it because the book has to be sent to the published before the film was done.It has much information about Williams and the score. i think the pdf was released on 2005 already since some things and dialogues feel familiar (as in 'i have read this already')

But just in case, here it is:

http://www.starwars.com/media/general/moswros_thefinalchapter.pdf

It seems that there are two versions of 'heroes collide' were recorded, one without drums and other with drums overdubs that were suggested during sessions.

so Maybe some of those drums and the likes overlays were composed and recorded by Williams, and not some work od a sound editor...

That's most likely the case. Anyways today I begin recording the music. So I won't be doing anything on my computer to make sure I get perfect recordings. Be back soon!

yeah out of context it sounds rather creepy. :lol:

I'm getting the TFUII for PC as we speak... lets hope for reabable music files....though we would already know if that was the case.

Still i can make my 'crappy' recordings until a true rip is executed.

Okay been going through the game, recording as I go. I'm very irritated you can't fully mute the voices and sound effects in this game. The first TFU allowed you to do so, wonder why they changed it for this one.

For AOTC so far I've heard...

1: The first 45 seconds or so for the cue "Meeting Of Anakin and Padmè" (aka Requited Love). This does have some of Kota's and Starkiller's voice but it's unavoidable, see above for explanation.

2: Nearly the entire piece for "Zam The Assassin". It also includes the statement of Shmi's theme.

3: I believe the true clean ending for "The Arena".

For ROTS I have heard...

1: A good chunk of the opening action for "The Death Of Dooku". You still need rear channel German rips for the actual two opening bars then another section before it goes back into the clean material from the first TFU game. I'll admit this piece I didn't hear last time when I played the level it featured. Probably because I was tired and didn't register with me.

2: A clean opening for "Palpatine's Seduction".

Okay that's it for the reports. Hopefully actual rips of this game will reveal these pieces clean and free of sfx and or voices. Anyways, back to recording I go.

Okay been going through the game, recording as I go. I'm very irritated you can't fully mute the voices and sound effects in this game. The first TFU allowed you to do so, wonder why they changed it for this one.

To thwart bootleggers? ;)

PC rip is out

OMG the entire unreleased section of Anakin's Dark Deeds (It Can't Be) + the ending dark fanfare with no distortion .oh yeah! That's about 4 minutes of new music right there

i'm only a few cues in but there seems to be a shitload of new stuff

Here's the list I just got done typing up for the PC rips. I didn't bother listing any TFU material UNLESS it contained Prequel stuff.

End Credits TFU 2 material

End Credits

ROTS: It Can't Be

AOTC: Padmé Falls

ROTS: They're Coming Around

TPM: Droid Fight

ROTS: Grievous And The Droids

TPM: Droid Fight

ROTS: Grievous And The Droids

TPM:

AOTC: Meeting Of Anakin and Padmé

ROTS: Birth Of The Twins

19:

AOTC: Zam The Assassin

23:

ROTS: I Am The Senate

ROTS: Be Careful Of Your Friend

26:

AOTC: Inspecting The Army

ROTS: Revisiting Padmé

29:

ROTS: Palpatine's Seduction (Clean Opening)

31:

ROTS: Dialogue With Mace

TFU 2: ?

ROTS: Dialogue With Mace

AOTC: The Library Scene

ROTS: Dialogue With Mace (Clean Ending)

34:

ROTS: Rolling With Grievous (Clean Opening)

40:

ROTS: Palpatine's Big Pitch

ROTS: News Of The Attack

ROTS: Be Careful Of Your Friend

49:

ROTS: Immolation Scene

71:

76:

AOTC: Yoda Strikes Back

TPM: The Sith Spacecraft

ROTS: Count Dooku's Entrance

AOTC: Chase Through Coruscant (Part 2)

134:

AOTC: Spying On The Separatists

AOTC: Interview With Jango

135:

AOTC: Interview With Jango

144:

ROTS: Goodbye, Old Friend

ROTS: Scenes and Dreams

149:

ROTS: Bail's Escape

ROTS: Fighting Wigh Grievous (Ending)

166:

ROTS: Bail's Escape

TPM: Tentacles

AOTC: Bounty Hunter's Pursuit (Unreleased)

170:

AOTC: The Chase Through Coruscant

TPM: Coruscant Arrival

188:

AOTC: Visiting The Prime Minster

191:

ROTS: General Grievous

ROTS: Get Em, R2

196:

AOTC: Dooku Vs. Obi-Wan

TPM: Tremello Swell

197:

ROTS: I Am The Senate (Unused)

202:

AOTC: Chase Through Coruscant (Part 1) Clean Ending

208:

ROTS: Boys Into Battle

ROTS: Death Of Dooku

212:

TPM: Battleship Destroyed

216:

219:

ROTS: Goodbye Old Friend

ROTS: News Of The Attack (Clean Ending)

TFU ?

232:

237:

240:

260:

AOTC: Thwarted Attempted

ROTS: Padmé's Visit

ROTS: Unknown Ending

261:

272:

AOTC: Anakin Changes (Ending)

279:

282:

ROTS: Moving Things Along (Film Mix)

286:

AOTC: This Is A Crisis

300:

AOTC: Thwarted Attempt

AOTC: Council's Confer

308:

ROTS: Fighting With Grievous

334:

ROTS: Fighting With Grievous (Opening)

338:

348:

ROTS: Obi-Wan Faces Droids

349:

ROTS: Get Em R2

356:

AOTC: Dooku Vs. Obi-Wan

359:

ROTS?

362:

ROTS: Good Guys Arrive (Ending)

ROTS: Fighting With Grievous (Weird ending)

403:

ROTS: Scenes and Dreams (portion before previously unreleased stuff)

ROTS: Death Of Dooku (Drum Roll)

The big additions are so far:

AotC:

Meeting of Anakin and Padme

Interview with Jango

RotS:

Revisiting Padme: Most of it except Across the Stars quotes

Death of Dooku : Now almost complete

Anakin's Dark Deeds/It Can't Be: Complete including all the sequence where Obi Wan looks at the recordings

News of the Attack : segment

Be Careful of your Friend: missing segment (important musically)

I still ponder if Jesse Harlin reads this forum then if he can throws in bits we want into the games. The pieces that have surfaced so far are just to coincidental, at least for ROTS. Especially with the clean opening for "Fighting With Grievous".

I still ponder if Jesse Harlin reads this forum then if he can throws in bits we want into the games. The pieces that have surfaced so far are just to coincidental, at least for ROTS. Especially with the clean opening for "Fighting With Grievous".

If that's so, I wonder if he could work in DOTF Instrumental (All of it) and the original AOTC Finale into his next game <_<

Well, I'm going to wager a guess that maybe they're deliberately including new music, especially in light of the fact that they may release the scores anyway, so maybe it's a taster. Of course, they can't make it too easy to get (IE line-in recording).

I mentioned DOTF... was there anything new for the instrumental in the game? I hate having to completely rely on rear channels for the instruments in the latter portion of the ROTS version. Or, if it did appear was it recycled from the PROXY/Maul theme from TFU1/BF2?

Nice work on the game breakdown! I have to say that an instrumental DotF is still one of my score holy grails.

...maybe some day. Great work though. You guys are for real. <_<

A lot of my edits I haven't touched in years. I only did some of the stuff from the first TFU. But I'm gonna try to do it all this time. So forgive me for being a little behind the times on some of my questions. But on file 191, "The Elevator Scene", the first 37 seconds... are there any loops or edits in there, or is that the way it's supposed to be?

Also, I love that we have almost all of "Interview with Jango" now! But there's, what, about 4 seconds missing between the beginning of file 135 and the piece from track 1 on the CD? I wonder if a DVD rip could help bridge the two... although the ambient noise in the scene makes me doubtful.

For regarding file 191 there are no loops or edits. That's exactly what was written and recorded. Only the first 10 seconds or so of the cue actually made it into the film. Of course there's still some material missing before it actually is supposed to segue into "The Elevator Scene". That first sequence (which is file 191) I called "General Grievous" then the second part I called it "The Elevator Scene".

Battlefront 2 has the true mix for "The Elevator Scene" with the over dub drums. The OST version of "The Elevator Scene" does not have the drums and they should be there, according to the sheet music.

For file 135, you do need the piece from track 1 of the OST as that's the opening of the cue. You will also need a couple of seconds from the rear channels off the DVD to bridge the two pieces.

Just for the record. YOu cant turn off voice and sfx from the cutscenes. I put the level of thos to zero, and play a cutscene and everything is there, when i return to the sound options screen, voice and sfx are at 50% of volume, so they must have had made something rigged in the game code to prevent ripping...

But really the video files have no sound. Are the music files of the cutscenes in this rip? (maybe they are the 4 channel tracks)

Look for TFU2 original music, like the rendition of yoda's theme for example.

The drums are quiet enough to omit from the original source (I believe that it was said that the original mixes were 24 channels or something like that). It should be obvious as certain parts are also boosted in the video games (particularly the snare drums). Is "Enter Lord Vader" written with the drums and percussion included as well? Also, which file has the clean Arena ending? Or was that only in FMV?

EDIT: @ Luke - some cutscenes are indeed 4 channels. Makes opening them a pain in the rear.

I still don't use DVD rips (except for the rare exception where the music is in all the channels and no sfx)

I'd rather have a 90% complete score that sounds like something that could have been officially released than a 100% complete score that sounds like a bootleg.(I use complete scores with DVD rips as an editing guide only)

I still don't use DVD rips (except for the rare exception where the music is in all the channels and no sfx)

I'd rather have a 90% complete score that sounds like something that could have been officially released than a 100% complete score that sounds like a bootleg.(I use complete scores with DVD rips as an editing guide only)

Agreed 100%

The amount of new music we got in The Force Unleashed 2 for RotS is not huge in absolute terms , but we still got about 50% of the music we were missing for the complete score,so in relative terms it's very significant. We have to remember, the less music were missing ,the less the chance that exact passage will turn up in a game

A lot of annoying gaps have been filled, and clean endings for most cues. It's close to sounding like a not quite complete leaked recording sessions.

Sometimes it's necessary to have rear channels especially in a cue like "Interview With Jango" in order to complete it with out any weird editing.

KM Jesse Harlin told me a long time ago via Myspace in PM that he has the sessions for the Prequels. Why we're only mostly getting film version UE style stuff for AOTC is beyond me. There are a few cues with clean endings though in Battlefront 2 and TFU 2.

Anyways...at least for ROTS they're definitely coming from the sessions.

Sometimes it's necessary to have rear channels especially in a cue like "Interview With Jango" in order to complete it with out any weird editing.

I try to find a way,even if I have to remove a note to make it sound ok. In this case I just faded out the OST in the previous cue leading into it. And used the game cue as a standalone cue .Sounds no worse than some of Williams microedits in the OST

anyways I think it sounds much more jarring to suddenly have a echo-y ,distorted rear channel rip with sound effects suddenly popping up