If "The Silmarillion" is ever made into a Movie or Series..

Perdogg

I am assuming that the Tolkien Estate is not happy with Peter Jackson for whatever reason, but if the novel is ever made into movie or, more likely, a series, should the producers bring in Howard Shore to the do the music and how would any composer approach "Ainulindalë" chapter of the novel?

I've been thinking about that quite a bit actually, I think it would be an awesome film, but theres so much music in it! Especially the creation in the beginning.

But why would the Tolkien estate be mad at Jackson… for what he did with the story in the "three" hobbit movies?

If the Silmarillion is ever made, I assume it won't be PJ, and there's no reason to assume a new director would not work with his usual composer, should he have one.

In a world where John Williams is replaced by Nicholas Hooper, anything is possible.

Ainulindalë alone would be a major challenge to any composer. A great opporturnity but also a great challenge.

I would go with banjo and maracas.

Ainulindalë alone would be a major challenge to any composer. A great opporturnity but also a great challenge.

Only the mighty kazoo is an instrument powerful and expressive enough to convey the depth and majesty of Tolkien's Genesis!

Only the mighty kazoo is an instrument powerful and expressive enough to convey the depth and majesty of Tolkien's Genesis!

That and bass slide whistle!

There's only one appropriate composer choice should this ever happen.

I thought we'd agreed that you were doing the Ainulindalë, at least.

I gratefully accept your acknowledgement of my self-nomination. I'm honored.

Tom Holkenborg and Brian Eno are both fine musicians, if not of the sort that most people on this board can appreciate.

I agree! But sadly JWfan isn't the place for their sort of music.
Unfortunate for JWFan, whose collective consciousness and appreciation for its namesake surely is lessened by its lack of musical diversity.

Alright. You've got one month to write a symphonic work on Ainulindalë for vuvuzelas, cowbells and slide whistles.

Brian Eno is cool. But I'm not a fan of Holkenberg (Junkie XL?)'s film music in general.

Me neither (though I love Arcade from MAN OF STEEL), but I remember enjoying the old school album featuring his Doepfer Modular that he released a year or two ago.

Tolkien already wrote quite a bit about what instruments should be used! ;)

Alright. You've got one month to write a symphonic work on Ainulindalë for vuvuzelas, cowbells and slide whistles.

Joke's on you, that might not be bad after heavy electronic processing!

Brian Eno is cool. But I'm not a fan of Holkenberg (Junkie XL?)'s film music in general.

Me neither (though I love Arcade from MAN OF STEEL), but I remember enjoying the old school album featuring his Doepfer Modular that he released a year or two ago.
Yeah his non-film ventures are very worthy.

Richard Harvey.

Or somebody Catholic.

I have that sort of background. So screw you BloodBoal!

I'd think more along the lines of a-capella choir (as large as possible) and organ. Although, more cowbell can never hurt.

No organ. And I don't even think it has to be a large choir. Just many different voices (double choir at least) and plenty of dynamics.