The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Yeah, The Mummy is high on my list of millennium-era scores that I can't quite believe haven't been expanded yet.

Along with Gladiator and Air Force One. (not quite millennium era, but how the hell has this not come out yet?)

6 hours ago, crocodile said:

The Perfect Storm? Seems more likely to be a LLL title.

Karol

Well I read Doug Fake was quite a fan of this score. So why not?

It's obviously going to be Fievel Goes West, guys. Can't you pick up on the subtle hints? Sheesh!

In seriousness, it's kind of scary that I'm pretty much satisfied as far as desired expansions go. The only unreleased score I want is Child's Play 2, and I've kind of given up on that ever happening at this point. 

• 2 weeks later...

Rambo III coming on Tuesday

Third time's the charm on this one. Not necessarily expanded, but some resequencing and improved sound and definitely improved packaging makes for this score's latest incarnation. Tried to include the vocals but wasn't possible.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7749

More info:

When we tried to add the songs to RAMBO III it opened up all sorts of complications and we decided to just give the score a new mastering and redo the packaging, foregoing the songs. I lover the cover art, but the colors were so pumped up it looked cartoonish and for this new release Kay really got its original colors to shine.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=78949#p78949

Well now I can finally complete Goldsmith's Rambo trilogy. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Roger's new clue:

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/sc.13/category.60330/.f

Coming this Tuesday we’re premiering another first - at least for Intrada. The “first” pertains to characters in the cover art… characters the licensor is very protective of. But I guess we’re all friends now. The composer is certainly not a first for us… I’m losing track of how many soundtracks of his we’ve produced. In any case, this one is packed with adventure, excitement and color! Enjoy artwork, contents and sound samples on our site this coming Monday eve, March 19. We begin shipping out orders on Tuesday the 20th.

Harry Potter? Indiana Jones? Star Wars? Ewoks?! :D

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Yes, but this the current pressing is the last, I believe.

They said it about the first one. Limited edition of 3000 copies! :lol:

Karol

Question for all the Europeans: Have you ever had to pay customs for ordering directly from Intrada? It happened to me with Varèse Sarabande, but never with LLL. I'd like to order an Intrada CD, but am wondering whether I'd better use Music Box Records.

40 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

But this time it's true. :P

Anyway, the second pressing seems to be selling out much slower...

The second pressing sold out long time ago (I think). That is the one I got. But then... they decided to press even more.

Karol

9 hours ago, scallenger said:

Roger's new clue:

Coming this Tuesday we’re premiering another first - at least for Intrada. The “first” pertains to characters in the cover art… characters the licensor is very protective of. But I guess we’re all friends now. The composer is certainly not a first for us… I’m losing track of how many soundtracks of his we’ve produced. In any case, this one is packed with adventure, excitement and color! Enjoy artwork, contents and sound samples on our site this coming Monday eve, March 19. We begin shipping out orders on Tuesday the 20th.

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/sc.13/category.60330/.f

That's not Roger; That's Doug, hence the name "Doug's Corner"

Roger first posted his clue on Friday, from which people already figured out it was Broughton's Three Musketeers before Doug's Corner entry ever went up

Mid-2000s animated feature gets an overdue expansion. Previous song-only album gets large dose of score (all of it as far as well can tell) added to this colorful package featuring one of this composer's favorite scores. From one of our favorite composers!

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7768

We also need John Powell to change his first name. There are WAY too many Johns in the film music world, so he needs a more unique name (John Williams, John Debney, John Scott, John Frizzell, John Barry, etc). 

Let's call him Fritz Powell!

2 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

I was disappointed to recently learn that it's pronounced "Brotten" and not "Broo-tawn". I've been referring to him as the latter for years and it just sounds cooler that way. 

According to Broughton, it's pronounced like "Sauerbraten". That's not really true though.

23 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

Thankfully, there's only one Jerry!

...wait, there's also Jerry Fielding. 

Damn it.

But there's only one King.

10 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Question for all the Europeans: Have you ever had to pay customs for ordering directly from Intrada? It happened to me with Varèse Sarabande, but never with LLL. I'd like to order an Intrada CD, but am wondering whether I'd better use Music Box Records.

Use a European site like music box records or chris soundtrack corner. It's much easier and safer that way and you can order LLL and Intrada and Varese CDs all together.

19 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

I have never had any issues when ordering from Intrada. They usually mark their packages so that they don't get held up in the customs (value is marked as 10 or 15 $) nor are have I ever paid additional fees for their packages. I actually just received the latest package last Friday.

The postage fees on the other hand can be very steep. For Intrada it is 14 $ for the first CD and then it jumps to flat 20 $ for discs 2-8.

12 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Just ordered from Music Box. 33 euros for one CD. Oh well, anything for the specialty labels I guess.

I'm sure the specialty labels are laughing at us all the way to the bank. ;)

I highly doubt that. Shipping isn't exactly money that goes towards lining their pockets with untold winnings. International shipping is unfortunately just plain costly. And it is a rare release that allows these smaller labels to make a huge profit. And I am sure European retailers have to have their own profit margin if they sell releases of the US specialty labels.

I was just joking. :)

But I do think the specialty labels at least should offer economy international shipping. For example, I just ordered several items from sheetmusicplus.com. The package is larger and heavier than a CD, yet economy shipping to Norway was only $2.99!

23 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I was just joking. :)

But I do think the specialty labels at least should offer economy international shipping. For example, I just ordered several items from sheetmusicplus.com. The package is larger and heavier than a CD, yet economy shipping to Norway was only $2.99!

That's true. E.g. Tadlow label offers 3 or 4 £ shipping to everywhere in the world.

When I, as a European, order a CD for more than 40 dollars from Amazon.com, is it probable that I have to pay toll? As I understand it, I just have to when the (high) price of the CD is printed on the package.

13 hours ago, Incanus said:

I highly doubt that. Shipping isn't exactly money that goes towards lining their pockets with untold winnings. International shipping is unfortunately just plain costly. And it is a rare release that allows these smaller labels to make a huge profit. And I am sure European retailers have to have their own profit margin if they sell releases of the US specialty labels.

I’ve shipped CDs overseas for as little as $2. The extra cost is likely there to offset the crap ton of bubble wrap they use to protect the discs.