Whats everyone's favorite album releases - new or old - that came out this year?

With the exception of not hearing The Force Awakens yet, my three favorites (in order from "least" to "greatest") are LLL's Millennium Volume 2 (Mark Snow), Varese's Jupiter Ascending (Michael Giacchino) and Intrada's Killing Season (Christopher Young).

GHOST AND THE DARKNESS, AI, SODOM & GOMORRAH, WOLF TOTEM, Every Thing Will Be Fine , JURASSIC WORLD, MR. HOLMES, INDECENT PROPOSAL, OBSESSION, JUDGE DREDD, JOURNEY, ASSASSIN's CREED (Wintory), JAWS.

In no particular order.

GHOST AND THE DARKNESS, AI, SODOM & GOMORRAH, WOLF TOTEM, Every Thing Will Be Fine , JURASSIC WORLD, MR. HOLMES, INDECENT PROPOSAL, OBSESSION, JUDGE DREDD, JOURNEY, ASSASSIN's CREED (Wintory), JAWS.

In no particular order.

A very good list. I'm big on Wolf Totem and Obsession is just a given.

In no particular order.

Which Obsession? They are both excellent.

Karol

Best or favorite? I'm gonna go with favorite. It remains to be seen, however. There's still another month or so to go.

I will say that, so far, it's not a John Williams score. It could become Jaws. I haven't heard it yet. It could become The Force Awakens. It certainly isn't A.I. because I'll rarely listen to it. Jaws 2? I prefer the Varese album. I didn't like any new scores this year. No, my favorite release so far is actually--

I think my favorite score release this year was for TV's 'Chuck.' I guess I really just bonded with the show when it was on the air and this year, FINALLY, Varese came through for me and put out a score album.

Some other favorites:

New Scores

- Wolf Totem

- Jupiter Ascending

- Jurassic World

- Inside Out (not normally this into Gia, but I thought his output was really good this year)

- The Force Awakens (don't even have to hear it, it'll be a favorite)

New Recordings

- Sodom and Gomorrah

Expansions

- The Last Starfighter

- Krull (reissue)

- AI

- Jaws

- Jaws 2

I know what Jay will say. It's too early for summaries like that. Both LLL and Intrada have big batches coming out soon and there's a John Williams score still out there. I do have some favourites already but this year I shall wait some more weeks before announcing my picks (not that anybody cares). :)

Karol

I think my favorite score release this year was for TV's 'Chuck.' I guess I really just bonded with the show when it was on the air and this year, FINALLY, Varese came through for me and put out a score album.

I just wish it had the cues that I liked.