Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (directed by Brad Bird, music by Michael Giacchino)

Jay

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much videogame style to my taste. Not interested. It can't be better than MI:2 anyway.

I haven't seen the trailers and don't know anything about the new movie, but I do hope that it's at least better than the abominable MI:2.

And he is only 49 years old.

Jumping up & down on the couch and keeping Katie from escaping the house can really age a guy, ya know.

:lol: But for a guy who's almost 50 he looks pretty good!

No surprise, the OST is coming on Varese

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol

SKU: VSD-7128

UPC: 030206712827

Artist: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Title: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol

Composer: Michael Giacchino

Release Date: 12/13/11

Price: $16.98

Music Composed by Michael Giacchino (Up, The Incredibles, M:i:3)

This is not just another mission. The IMF is shut down when it’s implicated in a global terrorist bombing plot. Ghost Protocol is initiated and Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) and his rogue new team (including Paula Patton and Acadamy Award nominee Jeremy Renner) must go undercover to clear their organization’s name. No help, no contact, off the grid. You have never seen a mission grittier and more intense than this.

Composer Michael Giacchino reunites with director Brad Bird (The Incredibles) and returns to the Mission: Impossible franchise.

Paramount Pictures will open MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - GHOST PROTOCOL on IMAX screens on December 16 before going into general release on December 23.

Varese Sarabande Catalog # 302 067 128 2

Release Date: 12/13/11

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/the-960/Mission-cln--Impossible--dsh--Ghost/Detail

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mission Impossible 4 (Brad Bird) trailer looks good. From the sight of it, it seems they Bourned it up a bit. OTOH, now everything is Bourne: Bourne, Bond, Mission Impossible ...

Alex

On the whole, I consider myself a fan of the better Hollywood film. My DVD collection consist mostly of 'classic' American films. I'm also a fan of the first Bourne film (second one was good, third one just okay) and I feel a Bourne vibe coming off the trailer of MI4. The trailer and the fact that it's directed by Brad Bird makes me think it could be a good better than average action movie. I like the first film of Mission Impossible too, BTW. The new film looks better than MI2 or MI3.

Alex

Too much videogame style to my taste. Not interested. It can't be better than MI:2 anyway.

I haven't seen the trailers and don't know anything about the new movie, but I do hope that it's at least better than the abominable MI:2.

You are sure you didn;t mean MI:3 there? I can't see why MI:2 would be abominable, there is a good tension build-up, a pretty good story, a good balance in the action sequences and wonderful cinematography. Even the score is ok.

Since the OST is supposedly supposed to come out in 8 days and the official Varese site still has no artwork or track list, I'm assuming it's going to be delayed. This is the same pattern that Super 8 and both seasons of Fringe went through.

It's the same pattern that every release through Varese goes through these days. I'd preferably like to listen to a film's respective score when the film is in theaters, not a month later after I've moved on to something else.

But hey, without them most current scores wouldn't see the light of day, so I can't complain.

From FSM:

Last minute credit change as CDs were going to print has held it up.

James

Credit change?

Yes. Mr. Cruise got a producer credit that had to be added. Or so I heard.

James

Source: http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=84327

Track listing, art work, and a new release date: January 10th, 2012

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE

GHOST PROTOCOL

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by

Michael Giacchino

(Up, The Incredibles, M:i:3)

This is not just another mission. The IMF is shut down when it’s implicated in a global terrorist bombing plot. Ghost Protocol is initiated and Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) and his rogue new team (including Paula Patton and Acadamy Award nominee Jeremy Renner) must go undercover to clear their organization’s name. No help, no contact, off the grid. You have never seen a mission grittier and more intense than this.

Composer Michael Giacchino reunites with director Brad Bird (The Incredibles) and returns to the Mission: Impossible franchise.

Paramount Pictures will open MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - GHOST PROTOCOL on IMAX screens on December 16 before going into general release on December 23.

Varese Sarabande Catalog # 302 067 128 2

Release Date: 01/10/12

Track List:

1. Give Her My Budapest (1:57)

2. Light The Fuse (2:01)

3. Knife To A Gun Fight (3:42)

4. In Russia, Phone Dials You (1:40)

5. Kremlin With Anticipation (4:12)

6. From Russia With Shove (3:37)

7. Ghost Protocol (4:58)

8. Railcar Rundown (1:11)

9. Hendricks' Manifesto (3:17)

10. A Man, A Plan, A Code, Dubai (2:44)

11. Love The Glove (3:44)

12. The Express Elevator (2:31)

13. Mission Impersonatable (3:55)

14. Moreau Trouble Than She's Worth (6:44)

15. Out For A Run (3:54)

16. Eye Of The Wistrom (1:05)

17. Mood India (4:28)

18. Mumbai's The Word (7:14)

19. Launch Is On Hendricks (2:22)

20. World's Worst Parking Valet (5:03)

21. Putting The Miss In Mission (5:19)

22. Mission: Impossible Theme (Out With A Bang Version) (:53)

a20791c13419ee01b3cfab_l.jpg

a20791c13419ef60d81d39_l.jpg

Source: http://www.varesesar...h--Ghost/Detail

If my calculations are correct, that is 76:35 of score

I'm getting tired of these 'clever' track titles. Christopher Young does this kind of thing wonderfully (especially with Species and The Core), but Giacchino just tries too hard.

I agree, it gets annoying after awhile, however this method DOES decrease the chance of getting spoiled by the tracktitle.

I'm getting tired of these 'clever' track titles. Christopher Young does this kind of thing wonderfully (especially with Species and The Core), but Giacchino just tries too hard.

Actually, he and his music editor just have fun coming up with the titles. The only effort is to have fun I suspect.

Actually, he and his music editor just have fun coming up with the titles. The only effort is to have fun I suspect.

I imagine most of the titles are pretty much spontaneous.

Sounds like a work of a much more confident composer than 5 years ago. A bit more eclectic and ethnic than the previous one, but that's what Schifrin's music was all about. It's a buy.

Karol