Chris Tilton's Fringe - Score discussion (Giacchino and Seiter additional music Season 1)

Jay

I had meant to share that as well. I really enjoyed the first one, September's Heart in a Device. It has the same tune as the opening of Mobius Maker, which I love.

It really makes you wonder what kind of musical gold mine Tilton has on his computer.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So Chris Tilton has been posting unreleased cues on Twitter every Friday for a while now.

Does anybody have a list of everything he's posted?

Better yet, does anyone know the chronological order of which OST tracks each posted cue goes between?

Thanks!

I loved Fringe when I was young, specially during the first 3 seasons (S4 and S5 were pretty bad). But I never really cared about Tilton's music, so much so that I never listened to the OSTs. 

35 minutes ago, Jay said:

The worse the show got, the better the music got, somehow

Despite some terrible episodes, I did like the latter seasons more than the early seasons. Wasn’t a fan of the “monster of the week” formula. At least it ended rather nicely despite a lot of wasted time in several episodes of Season 5. 

14 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Much like Giacchino on Lost, actually.

Blasphemy!

We just finished S3 over the weekend and moved into S4. I wouldn't say it's bad, but the soft reboot on the show once the timeline is "corrected" is mildly depressing. 

Fringe equally balances world building with world abandonment. 

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

Despite some terrible episodes, I did like the latter seasons more than the early seasons. Wasn’t a fan of the “monster of the week” formula. At least it ended rather nicely despite a lot of wasted time in several episodes of Season 5. 

Blasphemy!

I wasn't a fan of the monster of the week episodes as well, but I preferred the story arc on the first 3 seasons. Once Peter is erased from the timeline and the show reboots with an entirely different timeline on S4, it went downhill for me. :( 

As for Lost, I really liked Gia's music for the later seasons. S6 is the worst of the show, but it had some amazing scores.

2 hours ago, Edmilson said:

As for Lost, I really liked Gia's music for the later seasons. S6 is the worst of the show, but it had some amazing scores.

Season 3 is definitely the worst of the show, in my opinion.

I’d rank them in order of best to least:

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I read online in a couple places that there was also a weekly Fringe Friday from 2011-2012 but I haven't found any record of what any of that music was, or if it's ever been released again.

But the modern iteration from 2019-present is completely documented 

20 hours ago, enderdrag64 said:

I read online in a couple places that there was also a weekly Fringe Friday from 2011-2012 but I haven't found any record of what any of that music was, or if it's ever been released again.

I remember those! I’ll do some digging and see what I can find.

• 5 months later...
On 18/7/2023 at 6:20 PM, enderdrag64 said:

But the modern iteration from 2019-present is completely documented 

I have finally collected all cues from Chris Tilton's website including the old ones which he used to share on facebook.

Spoiler

https://mega.nz/folder/yP5wxZxZ#jtfrAJoyJHt7M6C5J5WPcw
Decryption key: jtfrAJoyJHt7M6C5J5WPcw

Enjoy!

Chris Tilton's music is what got me into Fringe in the first place! I love this show. The soundtracks have all been fantastic. Sadly, one cue I've always wanted has eluded me, granted this one is a Chad Sieter cue, and I had always hoped one day we'd get a version without sfx. I found this rip of said cue years ago, it's loaded with sfx but it's what I've used anytime I wanted to listen to the track without watching the episode. From season 1, episode 5, on Youtube

Actually coming to think of it, haven't had a chance to sift through the posts here but what was the exact reason for Tilton replacing Chad halfway through the first season? I've always wondered.

I wouldn't mind seeing more Fringe music pop up, Tilton's themes were always so fitting and I can see why they chose to go with him for the rest of the series.

On 14/1/2024 at 6:35 PM, CatastrophicJones said:

Chris Tilton's music is what got me into Fringe in the first place! I love this show. The soundtracks have all been fantastic. Sadly, one cue I've always wanted has eluded me, granted this one is a Chad Sieter cue, and I had always hoped one day we'd get a version without sfx. I found this rip of said cue years ago, it's loaded with sfx but it's what I've used anytime I wanted to listen to the track without watching the episode. From season 1, episode 5, on Youtube.

That's the cue that starts when Walter and Astrid release the pigeons.

It's a variation on the end credits theme which is credited to Michael Giacchino on the second season's soundtrack.

All I could find on Chad Seiter was his website.

Apart from the first track, everything he showcases there was from the first season's soundtrack.