The Official Chris Tilton Thread

Koray Savas

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go this site: <a href="http://www.christilton.com/" target="_blank">http://www.christilton.com/</a>

Learn about this man, because he is awesome. Click on <i>La Lune</i> under Recent Projects, and download it (it's free), and listen to it. It's only 7 minutes long, but it's brilliant.

Listening to The Jumper now, so far so good!

And I have fond memories of the first Mercenaries score.

It's the only one I ever won in a contest.

It's not often in my player though, for no reason in particular (perhaps because I don't listen all that often to the few video game scores I have). I should give it another chance.

I'm still waiting for Mercenaries 2. Maybe it was delayed a week. Come on, Tuesday!

There was a snag or something (I don't really know the details) which caused the submission process to start over. It's looking more likely that it'll come out in October now. :D

<!--quoteo(post=473355:date=Sep 13 2008, 05:55 PM:name=Koray Savas)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Koray Savas @ Sep 13 2008, 05:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=473355"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Go this site: <a href="http://www.christilton.com/" target="_blank">http://www.christilton.com/</a>

Learn about this man, because he is awesome. Click on <i>La Lune</i> under Recent Projects, and download it (it's free), and listen to it. It's only 7 minutes long, but it's brilliant.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Nice stuff. La Lune reminds me alot of Mannheim Steamroller. Very Chip Davis like in its sound.

I sent an e-mail to Chris's site asking if they could post up high res artwork for the scores they have available for download. I mean, Shrek Super Party, Muppets: Party Cruise, and Alias: The Game all have high res artwork available for download, why not the other scores?

The ones I particularly want are for The Sunday Man, Jumper: Griffin's Story, and La Lune.

Chris - You have the artwork right there in the tiny box, just make it bigger!

I sent an e-mail to Chris's site asking if they could post up high res artwork for the scores they have available for download. I mean, Shrek Super Party, Muppets: Party Cruise, and Alias: The Game all have high res artwork available for download, why not the other scores?

The ones I particularly want are for The Sunday Man, Jumper: Griffin's Story, and La Lune.

Chris - You have the artwork right there in the tiny box, just make it bigger!

The art for La Lune and Sunday Man are now embedded in the mp3s, you'll have to redownload the the soundtrack and replace the ones you currently have. Jumper, not yet, but soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I listened to both Mercenaries: Playground Of Destruction and Mercenaries 2: World In Flames. Chris, you've done a great job on these. I really liked World In Flames, more so than the first. The guitar was a nice touch and it felt more epic and action-filled to me.

The Main Theme, Solano's Villa, Streets Of Venezuela, Taking Out The Rig, Jungle Brawl, Grotto Del Guerilla, and the End Credits are the highlights for me. Man, those End Credits kick ass.

A quick google search leads me to believe it's a representation group. They manage artists and handle publishing and records. Here is a link to their store where you can buy Mercenaries 2. I like that you can get it in mp3 or FLAC. I personally prefer mp3, but it's nice to know they give options to those who really care. I bought mine from Amazon for a nice $8.99

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so I tried contacting LucasArts to get them to release the Fracture score, but they don't have an e-mail address! What's up with that? I need this score! It's obviously out there for people to review, and to give samples. Why not just release the damn thing?!

EDIT: Woops, never mind. I found this little bit from an interview with Jesse Harlin:

CC: Will there be an official soundtrack release?

Jesse Harlin: It’s in the works. We’re working right now on establishing a means of digital distribution for the soundtrack, but nothing has been finalized yet. I’m trying to do everything I can to ensure that it gets out there, though. Michael, Chad, and Chris have written a great score and I want the fans to be able to hear it and enjoy it.

Bring it on!

Well, I just played "Mercenaries II: World in Flames", thusly hearing the score. I did not get far at all, as the game froze up on me (every time I tried playing it), so I am not sure if I can really comment on the score, but ah well. I really like the Spanish flair to some of the pieces, Chris, though there were a few odds and ends, so to speak, that I cannot say that I really enjoyed. That opinion may or may not change if I can manage to get anywhere farther in the game. Blockbuster and I do not seem to get along well....

I haven't rented a game or movie for like 10 years, but I'm sure you could. Although I'm pretty sure the game doesn't freeze, the system does.

Go to his site, christilton.com, you can download a lot of his work for free.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any word on a score release (commercial or digital) for FRACTURE? I've been listening to the clips from Tracksounds' review nonstop, and I want that promo disc! It's got that great 'old' movie feel to it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...