What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Apologies sire. This humble servant will no longer debase nor defile the purity and chastity of our Virgin Queen Ren. All those that bear witness will swore a similar oath and will be bound by it. Any of those that will desecrate these vows shall be cast into the lake of putrid, month old cheese. So help us, Superman.

I could watch dr. Who. The only reason I'd be watching top gear is if I really needed some mechanics in the channel rotation

What a coincidence since earlier I've watched a Youtube video of a Comic Relief special where David Tennant and Peter Davidson interact. Btw, I've googled his daughter and I tell you, David Tennant is one lucky sob.

Well I am a geek. As you could tell from my status update.....

And my Halloween costumes.

I'm currently in geek withdrawals since I have no star treks due to the divorce and no cable.....

Sherlock is a different type of show.. Very geek oriented.

A very good show where they moved Sherlock Holmes to 21st century very succesfully. A great cast and writing, classy production values, quite impressive music.

Hercule Poirot is a very different type of show indeed, one of the most old fashioned of detective series, but that is partly where its charm lies. Agatha Christie was a master of variation on the nearly same plot, where it is equally interesting to see how-done-it as who-done-it. The world of 1930's and 40's which is the setting and stage is almost equally interesting, the near surreal sprawl of mansion houses, small idyllic villages and town houses of the rich and powerful, where people discuss murder over tea and the small eccentric Belgian finally solves the riddle, summons everyone together and reveals the murderer, the situation very often staged so that it in itself is a little show, where Poirot shines. If anything Christie's novels (and the series) are almost ritualistic in their sense of justice where finally the murderer is punished and evil avenged, Poirot the unerring dealer of judgement. But the show has always held a strong appeal, Poirot's persona and character truly integral in all of this with his quirks and oddities, a mark of a great detective, much like Sherlock as well. :)

DAMN IT

How am I supposed to get my Gellar fix nowwwwww

Grimm renewed, Ringer cancelled

Do you watch Once Upon A Time?

I have. It's ok

I'm sorry, I'm going to back pedal here. Community even though I can just barely stand the show is one of the best comedies out there. The writing is great. I'm just not fond of this style of show. Unfortunately almost all my favorite shows get cancelled, mercy, event, outsourced. I'm sure ringer and grim will too

Ren, have I ever told you that you have good taste? Unlike some people here....cough..Stefan ..cough.....

You think I taste good? I mean, you like my taste in tv? Thanks. I always get shafted on shows I like. Didn't even bother to watch awake, I knew if I like it it would be cancelled.

KKK...Pfffffffftttt!

I was waiting for someone to pull that one. Congrats Steef! ;)

Community even though I can just barely stand the show is one of the best comedies out there

Interesting praise.

Regardless, its easily the best comedy standing out there at the moment. You just can't seem to see it.

I have a love hate relationship with community. I can't stop watching it when I do, I laugh out loud at the ridiculous scenarios. But I just don't love the show itself. But I do understand it's good

A shame. The show is so incredibly well written with lovable characters, a wellcrafted plot and profoundly deep themes that it's hard not to fall in love with the show. It's definitely miles ahead of other comedies on tv right now.

There's a Diamond Jubilee special on BBC1 now and there was a fine montage at the beginning of the show, narrated by the reliably loyal Welshsman and top dog news anchor Hugh Edwards. Music played in the background as we were given a brief history of Elizabeth's tenure on the throne, and you would be right in thinking it'd be something by Elgar - Land of Hope and Glory perhaps, or Nimrod; but no... try Hans Zimmer's Batman instead.

I've grown sort of fond as I've gotten older.

Indeed. I too am rather fond of Queen Elizabeth along with a certain degree of admiration. I know a lot people hate the monarchy, but I like QE II, standing as an ever comforting symbol of past glories and I'm quite she got to her Diamond Jubilee. May she Continue to reign for many more.

Treme: The Pilot. Talking about uneventful (I bet Treme beats Prometheus to a pulp), and yet, the scene where the father asks his son to help him ( in the middle of the night and dressed up in his parade costume) is the best piece of television I've seen in a long time.

Alex

It's a good series, Alex. But significantly smaller and more everyday than anything else on television. I wouldn't expect anything "eventful".

Karol

Currently watching the Diamond Jubilee Live Concert and it's brilliant! A fantastic and eclectic mix of British (and commonwealth ;)) music talent, it's a great night's entertainment. If you have any affinity with Brit culture at all then I urge you to tune into it when you can :)

Edit: turns out it's INTERNATIONAL talent - because here's Stevie Wonder!

God Save the Queen!

It's a good series, Alex. But significantly smaller and more everyday than anything else on television. I wouldn't expect anything "eventful".

Third episode and already it's bordering genius. It's so well written and the characters are so good, nothing needs to happen, really. Love the fact that the actors here are real musicians, don't know if you have noticed that. There's a lot of attention that goes to the music. I find it hard to believe that nobody is canceling this show. Or is it already over and out for Treme?

Alex

No, the third season is due in October.

Yes, I've noticed it. It's really cool... but for probably only for few people in this world.

Karol

Well perhaps I should see it as well since you guys seem to have such high opinion of it.

Amazing ... but did you watch Season 2?

I watched two episodes. It's on par with season 1. It's the same team that worked on The Wire, you know.

Well perhaps I should see it as well since you guys seem to have such high opinion of it.

It's a much smaller thing, Inc. Even The Wire had more mainstream feel to it. But check it out, it's a gem and virtually no one talks about it.

Karol

Man that looks brilliant! It looks like all the front row British thespians are in it! Can't wait! :D

Here is a link to the programme's site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00s90hz

And Poirot!

Yeah, I checked the website a few days ago - looking for a link to the trailer I'd just seen on tv ;) The YouTube link must have sprung up since then, because it wasn't there when I immediately looked on there the other day.

And Poirot!

Yes! Suchet is back in business. And so is captain Picard... I mean Patrick Stewart.

The show is basically a series of adaptations of Shakespeare's History Plays, Richard II, Henry IV parts 1 & 2, and Henry V.