Howard Shore's The Battle of the Five Armies (Hobbit Part 3)

Jay

I've seen this one. It's hilarius. :)

Karol

Hehe nostalgia. Familiar tunes and sounds. :)

No. A reasonably long-suffering Newcastle United fan, especially depressed after yesterday's events.

Oh God, there are two of us!

God help us. This season promises to be eventful, in all the wrong ways.

No. A reasonably long-suffering Newcastle United fan, especially depressed after yesterday's events.

Oh God, there are two of us!

God help us. This season promises to be eventful, in all the wrong ways.

Same as always then!

Hardly surprising. He seems to have a lot of work to do. It's like a long film packed with score, multiplied by however many revisions are done.

I don't think anyone expected them to do everything in two weeks or however long it was. As I said, the NZSO have about 4-5 weeks free now, so I expect this is when the bulk of the recording will be done, especially with more of the film completed.

So Bilbo has been the sole figure on all the standard soundtrack covers. Interesting that they chose those particular posters, compared to say how the Blu-ray's/DVDs have been handled.

I imagine we'll see the deluxe cover as well within the next few weeks.

I imagine it'll be the green that was used for the DoS EE but that's just an educated guess.

The 16th is the US release date. Ireland should have it Friday the 12th and the UK on Monday the 15th.

"The album is set to be released on December 16, 2014." WTF?

Weren't the previous two released one week prior to the film's release?

In the US:

An Unexpected Journey's soundtrack was released on December 11th 2012, the film came out the 14th.

The Desolation of Smaug's soundtrack was released on December 10th 2013, the film came out the 13th.

The Battle of the Five Armies is coming out the 17th, so the OST is one day prior.

All in the US of course.

Actually, it kinda makes sense.

The CD drops in the US on Tuesday Dec 16, and the film opens in the US on Wednesday Dec 17.

Not that it matters, it will be all over the internet weeks before you have your physical copy at your doorstop anyway.

Not that it matters, it will be all over the internet weeks before you have your physical copy at your doorstop anyway.

Heh.

(beware pitch shift)

I like the cover, btw.

I wonder what the difference between OST and SE will be this time?

For AUJ, he chose a few different versions of some bits, making each version worth owning, not to mention all the theme presentations he added to the AUJ SE.

For DOS, the standard version was really just a more-microedited version of the fuller SE, with only 7 seconds of music being unique to the standard version (and it's not even an alternate version of a bit that is on the SE, just a moment that wasn't covered in the SE).

I hope he goes back to recording the theme presentations again. Dunno why they didn't do that for DOS.

Now I am seeing you getting your copy in my mind, played out like that scene!

"The last light of December 16th, that's what Amazon says..."

I hope he goes back to recording the theme presentations again. Dunno why they didn't do that for DOS.

Perhaps there were not as many, and they were pretty much what we hear in the Soundtrack anyways?

And its possible that Shore felt that they were not as "musical" as the AUJ SE ones?

You think you'll hear the runes theme in the background when you see it lying under the letterbox? ;)

What about Beyond the Forest?

Karol

It's also possibly they WERE recorded, and then just not included on the OST.

I think there where more theme presentations written for DOS than AUJ actually....

What about Beyond the Forest?

Karol

That's not a theme presentation, that's his end credits cue.

It's also possibly they WERE recorded, and then just not included on the OST.

I think there where more theme presentations written for DOS than AUJ actually....

Here are the ones from the sheet music that are anything different from what we hear on the OST:

* Erebor (Most likely written before AUJ)

* Beorn (Almost all the material here can be traced to somewhere in the finished score)

* Bard and Family

* Girion and Bard (Pretty much the same as the OST, but some differences, that is why I included it here)

* Lake-town Bard

Ah the cover of the new album follows the suit of the previous ones. Any guesses at what colour will the last SE be?