What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

And you believe everything you read on the Internet?

I'm not only basing myself on that one review. I also saw the trailer and Joey loves it despite his hatred for classic Scorese movies. ;)

I just found a review or article which headlines read: "Hugo is not for kids!"

It's not even a family movie? What is this? Is it like Empire Of The Sun?

And you believe everything you read on the Internet?

I'm not only basing myself on that one review. I also saw the trailer and Joey loves it despite his hatred for classic Scorese movies. ;)

I just found a review or article which headlines read: "Hugo is not for kids!"

It's not even a family movie? What is this? Is it like Empire Of The Sun?

I only hate Cape Fear, I think Raging Bull is dull and boring but it's not for me. I like Taxi Driver and New York New York. His last with Leo was overrated.

Hugo is a beautifully shot film, it is worthy of all it's praise. I personally was skeptical but viewing the film won me over. I'm glad I had taken film history classes. It made my appreciation of the film even better.

Alex, Jason and I could easily tell you more about the film, but part of the film's charm is following the path of discovery yourself.

Battlestar Galactica Season 3: Well I am only 4 episodes in but this is a gripping season thusfar. The show is still going strong. Can't wait to finish!

Community is a highly entertaining show. Without Harmon it will be worse, not better.

The show runner of Community has been fired!

Maybe this show will finally turn into something that is actually watchable!

:eek2:

Community is easily the best comedy on TV right now....you're nuts Steef.

I can't believe that Harmon isn't coming back! This is terrible news....

I'm almost certain these new guys are not going to live up to him....and here I was thinking that I could at least rely on one show to not dwindle into insignificance for me. This sucks. And with Community being moved to Friday, things aren't looking too good for the show.

Sony Issues Dan Harmon Talking Points Memo To 'Community' Cast Members

never heard of them, pretty sure from the titles they are not my kind of shows. probably big eyed cartoons I'd guess.

I never watched a minute of it. Chevy Chase just doesn't interest me unless he's playing golf or otherwise going on vacation somewhere.

You should really give it a chance. And Chevy Chase is rather good in the show.

never heard of them, pretty sure from the titles they are not my kind of shows. probably big eyed cartoons I'd guess.

See, that kind of attitude is as backward as any PC pussy idiots out there. Just because it's animation it automatically means its for children. You'd be surprised at how much cartoons have changed from the days of "big eyed cartoons" from the past. In fact I can vouch that today's children's are exposed to cartoons with the same atmosphere as Dexter and Breaking Bad.

And as for the ones I've mention, no they're not "big eyed cartoons" like you say. I'm not that juvenile to suggest little kiddie cartoons in an adult oriented forum (I've outgrown them anyhow).

Not when the subject matter involves r

eal guns that are frequently used (although lasers are also shown), there are fairly complex running storylines, innuendo-laced jokes are made, characters are killed, and there are also allusions to real world political situations such as in North Korea and the Middle East (albeit with obvious stand-ins

). It's made all the more baffling since the series is currently aired on Saturday Mornings rather than a prime time slot, where more adult-oriented content like The Clone Wars

is usually placed on Cartoon Network.

I never said anything about kids cartoons, just big eyed cartoons which I actually mean for badly animated poorly dubbed, you know anime or manga.

I never said anything about kids cartoons, just big eyed cartoons which I actually mean for badly animated poorly dubbed, you know anime or manga or whatever that crap is.

Who in their right mind would watch those? (The badly animated poorly dubbed I mean). No seriously, this is some top notch animation and this are made by American production, plus the story is tight.

And saying anime or manga are all badly animated or poorly dubbed is like saying all Muslims are all terrorists.

sorry had to look it up and I have actually seen young justics, it's awful, and it is poorly animated. the Bevis and Butt head episode was the best.

sorry had to look it up and I have actually seen young justics, it's awful, and it is poorly animated. the Bevis and Butt head episode was the best.

He said butt head... "grunts"...

Seriously? Can't argue with a guy who likes penis jokes in his "big eyed cartoons".

Can't wait to finish!

That's not a good sign!

I wonder what you're going to say when season four arrives...

Karol

Well I meant that I loved the stuff and could not wait to watch the rest of the season. But you knew that didn't you. ;)

And yes 4th season was also terrific although there were a few weaker episodes in the middle and took away from the central plot but I really liked the ending of the show even though it was over so fast.

were there penis jokes, I don't remember I just remember the end when one of the big eyed characters asked why, why.

actually I thought that was a robot chicken spoof.

The Last Airbender has shite animation, which is the only thing putting me off. I really fancied it -the story - before I saw it moving. Shame.

Lee - who things Spirited Away is one of the best fantasy movie's of all time.

The Last Airbender has shite animation, which is the only thing putting me off. I really fancied it -the story - before I saw it moving. Shame.

Most anything by Hayao Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli is perfect or damn near.

You should try the Airbender series. The first few episodes might be a little dull but it gets better.

If Lee doesn't like the quality of the animation it doesn't help if the plot gets better, unless you mean that he might be swept off by it and give the animation quality some slack?

I actually was positively surprised by the plot of Avatar the Last Airbender which was an imaginative mix of humor, action and growth story.

Agreed!

Agreed!

Yeap. Even though the story still boggles my mind with quite foreign fantastical designs and concepts. But the animation is brilliant and the whole film captures very well the fantastical cause and effect of the world of spirits and faerie, where human ideas don't always hold true.

I'm sorry, I'm going to back pedal here. Community even though I can just barely stand the show is one of the best comedies out there. The writing is great. I'm just not fond of this style of show. Unfortunately almost all my favorite shows get cancelled, mercy, event, outsourced. I'm sure ringer and grim will too

Plots are overrated. Real life doesn't go according to a story line.

So you are more of a stream of consciousness kind of guy when it comes to a TV series? Reality shows and such?

No real life doesn't go according to a story line but those types of shows like incanus brought up are not my cup of coffee. I don't live in real life anyways

No real life doesn't go according to a story line but those types of shows like incanus brough up are not my cup of coffee. I don't live in real life anyways

Pretty sure that's the vision and mission of reality shows.

Yes I realize, but the people they choose are awful. If I'm goin to spend time watching something I want to at least enjoy it

Fellows just uphold the respectability of this thread and General discussion and defend our queen Ren. Off-topic is free for all place of innuendo.