BloodBoal

• 3 weeks later...

Braindead is amazing. I know many like Bad Taste but Braindead has always been a favourite of mine, long before the LOTR films. I also like The Frighteners, though not as much.

The stupidest thing to add in BOTFA are the wereworms. I mean, they are easily Azog's most powerful weapons, why don't they just dig all the way through to Erebor?

Well for one thing, the mountains around Erebor could simply have been made of stronger stuff than what Wereworms could eat through.

For another, if you are trying to take over Erebor as a stronghold. The last thing you want to do is make more entrances to it.

Maybe they have an Eagle-type arrangement going on, where the Wereworms will only do so much. I for one would welcome a scene of Azog conversing with the Wereworm leader in the EE.

Maybe they have an Eagle-type arrangement going on, where the Wereworms will only do so much. I for one would welcome a scene of Azog conversing with the Wereworm leader in the EE.

I can picture the conversation:

Azog to the Wereworm captain: "Will you follow me to the bowels of Erebor?!! You will taste granite and pure stone!"

Wereworm:"Nah. It's too hard. We are heading home. Sorry. Bye"

• 2 weeks later...

Well the Khuzdul spoken at around 45 seconds is in the film, so I suspect some of this was used (close ups), and some was replaced. I don't recognize some of the fighting however. It would be great to see more of the Iron Hills Dwarves in the EE. They didn't kill enough Orcs for my liking.

It might look like CGI in the film, but a lot of those fighting sequences were probably just brushed up version of those live-action shoots.

CGI has advanced so much these days that it's opften impossible to tell the difference anymore. BOT5A is a testament to that. It looked very real

Is that a joke or not?

Man, i can't read your sarcasm lately!

Stefan is here to convey to us the mythical, otherworldly feel of Peter Jackson's Middle-earth.

The CGI would actually look more amazing if it didn't have that supernatural bloom that makes it look artificial. Gundabad for example had little of that and looked fantastic.

That's like the worst thing about the film!

But I agree with GK. The CG would probBly look pretty good if somebody kept the bloom in check.