Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson 2017)

Dixon Hill

Did she ever do any films that didnt have Spielberg's direct imput though?

I mean can she survive on her own?

Most of her best work has been with Spielberg, but she was Oscar-nominated for The Sixth Sense, Seabiscuit, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and she also produced The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.

And exactly what level of creative control do you really think she had on any of these films as a producer? To what degree is she responsible for their outcome or success?

And exactly what level of creative control do you really think she had on any of these films as a producer? To what degree is she responsible for their outcome or success?

She seems more hands-on with the new Star Wars than she was with her previous films. It seems like she wants to stay away from the overly CGI'd prequels, which can only be a good thing.

Also, Rian Johnson loves shooting on film -- all of his previous movies were. I'm pretty sure Episode VIII will be shot on 35mm like Episode VII.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Alex, that article says he'll be in Episode 8, not Episode 7.

And all it says about it is 'An insider told The Sun newspaper: "It will be a fun cameo. Billy's definitely up for it."' - so I'd take it with a grain of salt and chalk it up as a rumor for now. I mean, they haven't even started filming the 2016 spinoff film yet, let alone 2017's Episode 8.

The Sun newspaper can in no way be taken as truth without some sort of corroboration. There's only two reasons people buy that paper anyway :rolleyes:

I will be stunned if Billy D Williams reprised his role for

a) Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast

b) Star Wars Rebels

(and others, i think)

An he end not appearing in the sequel trilogy at all.

b) Star Wars Rebels

(and others, i think)

An he end not appearing in the sequel trilogy at all.

Disney want an old family reunion! I wouldn't be surprised if they were working on a CGI version of Alex Guinness' ghost version of Ben.

Alex, that article says he'll be in Episode 8, not Episode 7.

And all it says about it is 'An insider told The Sun newspaper: "It will be a fun cameo. Billy's definitely up for it."' - so I'd take it with a grain of salt and chalk it up as a rumor for now. I mean, they haven't even started filming the 2016 spinoff film yet, let alone 2017's Episode 8.

"Remember, you heard it from me first folks!"

b) Star Wars Rebels

(and others, i think)

The LEGO movie!

And also several LEGO TV specials

• 2 weeks later...

When you have a big franchise like Star Wars being as popular as it is, it doesn't really matter where you place it on the calendar. People will flock to see it regardless.

Do you think it's weird Disney assigned a date for their 2017 Star Wars film before their 2016 Star Wars film?

True, but doesn't leave the cast a lot of breathing space between episodes. I reckon they'll start shooting towards the end of the year

That's so far away who knows. The man is already 83 now.

All we know now is he's doing Ep 7 and Bridge of Spies. Maybe he'll retire after that. Who knows.

Personally, I think he'll do all three entries in the sequel trilogy if he's healthy, able, and likes the films.