The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

Thor toyed with it in the first movie - he pretended to be Dr. Donald Blake for some scenes, which is his alter-ego in the comics.

We'll see what they do with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2

Why has San Francisco been in SO many movies of late? Star Trek Into Darkness, Godzilla, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.... all feature landmarks of the city destroyed!

Well San Francisco has traditionally been the location of Starfleet headquarters, so that makes sense.

Having SF in Godzilla made a lot more sense then having the monster destroy New York in the Emmerich film, since it's on the Pacific side. (gotta love the fact that to get to NY, Godzilla travelled via the Panama Canal in the 98 film)

I think it makes sense to not include an Iron Man film in Phase 3. Besides the fact that he'll probably die saving the day in Avengers 3, he's already had 3 standalone films and I dunno how many ideas are left that won't be explored in Avengers 2 and 3. After Avengers 3 they'll probably have now new actor take up the Iron Man roll (and probably won't be Tony Stark in the suit).

2008 to 2018 is a good run for RDJ to play Iron Man in 6 films (plus 1 cameo)

RDJ is Marvel's only superstar though. So if there is any way to persuade hiom to sign up for more, I'm sure Marvel would do that.

He's the reason why Iron Man 3 did 1.2 billion + rather then the 600 or 700 million of Thor 2 and Cap 2.