The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

Of course, this will all be a moot discussion five years from now, when Marvel makes available the MCU microchip that will be fused directly onto the central nervous system of every American. From there, it will be a short step to simply keeping everyone in cryo-sleep most days of the year, thawing us out only when it’s time to beam a new Marvel movie into our cortices.

Looks like something Stiff could have written.

Yeah, they should make MORE films so they're less overstuffed!

Are you being serious?

No, but the only way it occurs to me to figure it out is to make a TV show instead of puny movies.

For some reason I thought Professor X was supposed to be English, but wiki says born in NYC, so there you go

Can Vision really be considered "American"?

For some reason I thought Professor X was supposed to be English, but wiki says born in NYC, so there you go

I thought the same thing, and had to check Wiki too. :P

Can Vision really be considered "American"?

Well, he was created by an American. ;)

How about Aaron Taylor Johnson as Kick-Ass and Quicksilver

Ioan Gruffudd as Reed Richards in Fantastic Four (original) and Jamie Bell as The Thing in The Fantastic Four (reboot)

I'll just start deleting duplicate posts, then, if you guys are gonna be too lazy to pay attention to what people are talking about before you post in a thread.

I've seem him in Hugo and Ender's Game

Funny how with each Spider-man reboot they make Peter Parker younger and younger

Asa Butterfield eh? Young indeed! Still looks like a small kid.

Well from what I've seen of him, I like him. Just not sure it'll be a very convincing Spiderman.

Interesting article

The Flaws of Marvel's "It's All Connected" Cinematic Universe

(Note: Spoilers for Age of Ultron within)

I believe it was Stan Lee who realized that its not change that comic readers want - its the illusion of change. So we have Coulson die, but not really. SHIELD disband, but not really. Tony Stark give up being Iron Man, but not really. Etc.

People keep saying Stark "gave up" being Iron Man (at the end of the third movie I guess). That totally never happened.

Some finality will be built in, I think - as actors price themselves out of contracts or decide to pursue other ventures outside of Marvel, they'll need a new Iron Man, new Thor, new Captain America. Hard to keep a status quo when the stars start dropping out. Likely candidates are already in place consistent with the comics (Rhodey, Jane Foster, Falcon, Winter Soldier) to step into the boots should that happen - plus other possible replacements. I'd like to see less recasting and more replacement of actual characters, but I can't imagine they won't eventually recast at least some of them.

He seems to drive away from the gang at the end of every other Marvel movie, seeming to want to go off and do other things, only to be right back fighting alongside with everyone in the next one