Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (directed by Brad Bird, music by Michael Giacchino)

Jay

M:I4 was wonderful until the change the tone in the last five minutes. That epilogue belonged in a different film. It's funny because the film is completely crazy yet I'm totally into it, but the moment they put these guys to talk that way it took me out of the film.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See I liked the ending a lot, especially since it tied it into the previous entry and made it actually seem like a continuing story rather than a James Bond-esque series of unconnected adventures. My biggest problems with the film were the crazy over-the-top stuff, like the entire sequence in the automatic car park. The film totally lost me for a while there.

MI:4 had some fun set pieces, but I thought started to fall apart a bit by the end. The sub-plot about Hunt's wife was pointless IMO.

Enjoyable for what it was, but I wouldn't watch it again.

Yeah, but it made for one of the best moments in the movie for me. She was "killed" while he was out for a run. :)

The fact that they finally acknowledged his running made me laugh out loud and I had to stop the Blu for a sec. Overall I liked the tone and feel of the film, especially with the title sequence in homage to the tv series. I was let down by the third a bit, as it just didn't have that oomph the first did for me, but the fourth did wonders for me. I am a big Bond fan though so maybe the globe hoping helped.

See I liked the ending a lot, especially since it tied it into the previous entry and made it actually seem like a continuing story rather than a James Bond-esque series of unconnected adventures. My biggest problems with the film were the crazy over-the-top stuff, like the entire sequence in the automatic car park. The film totally lost me for a while there.

I had that feeling with the Burj Khalifa sequence.

It had its strong moments though as well. I really enjoyed the Kremlin sequence, which was way too short IMO....they could have easily done more with the potential.

I've certainly enjoyed over the top stuff in other movies, this one just didn't click for me for some reason. I'll definitely re-visit it sometime.

MI:4 had some fun set pieces, but I thought started to fall apart a bit by the end. The sub-plot about Hunt's wife was pointless IMO.

Enjoyable for what it was, but I wouldn't watch it again.

Yeah, but it made for one of the best moments in the movie for me. She was "killed" while he was out for a run. :)

The fact that they finally acknowledged his running made me laugh out loud and I had to stop the Blu for a sec. Overall I liked the tone and feel of the film, especially with the title sequence in homage to the tv series. I was let down by the third a bit, as it just didn't have that oomph the first did for me, but the fourth did wonders for me. I am a big Bond fan though so maybe the globe hoping helped.

OK, help me out here. What about acknowledging the running made you laugh out loud? It had been a long time since I saw the other films, so I guess I didn't get the reference.

Tom Cruise runs all the time. All the time.

The fact that they turned it into an inside joke was a nice little self awareness nod.

Tom Cruise runs all the time. All the time.

The fact that they turned it into an inside joke was a nice little self awareness nod.

Ah, now I get it. Thanks!