GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

Neither are as dull as Bran or Theon, but it's been ages since they had anything truly interesting to do.

At least Dany looks stunning doing fuck all.

Yup on both points.

But Bran gets really interesting and holds a lot of promise for the future too. They're just really dragging it out because they've almost caught up to the books with his storyline.

Hang on I thought you didn't know what happens next?

I've read the books. I was just questioning how Steef came across his information since I know he hasn't read them.

Neither are as dull as Bran or Theon, but it's been ages since they had anything truly interesting to do.

At least Dany looks stunning doing fuck all.

She looked the part in her scene this week, Her face is perfect.

Didn't see that coming with Jorah, It was surprisingly low key how they announced it. I hope he becomes significant in future events, because he's a good character (with nothing to do).

I've read the books. I was just questioning how Steef came across his information since I know he hasn't read them.

So I could interpret this small questioning on your part as an inadvertent spoiler anyway. Hmm.

The problem with Jon Snow and Daenerys is that their storylines appear to be more grounded in the overarching "Song of Ice and Fire" tale (whatever the hell it turns out to be) whereas the real eventful material so far has been concerned with the narrower "Game of Thrones" theme, in which the main participants have been the likes of Tyrion, Cersei, Ned, Littlefinger, etc. So a lot of the scenes with Jon and Daenerys have been there mainly to remind us that they exist. They may (or may not) develop into more interesting characters when their storylines eventually do come to the forefront of things. This is probably even more the case for Bran.

Exactly, though I feel this is more the case with Dany, which was a curious direction to go since she her storyline began with the most fantastical material. She has 3 freaking dragons and they have her dabbling in politics!

I honestly have no idea how Martin is going to wrap everything up in 2 books while giving all these characters some form of satisfying closure. Maybe the dragons will just burn them all?

It's not the Ned Stark situation again. Martin has already done that.

Just like he only ever killed one single main character at one single wedding.

In two different fashions though.

Maybe they'll get Tyrion married again? ;)

So I could interpret this small questioning on your part as an inadvertent spoiler anyway. Hmm.

I think it'd be better to interpret as someone's simple curiosity, that's all. Just a guy wondering how Steef came to that conclusion without reading the books!

It's not the Ned Stark situation again. Martin has already done that.

Just like he only ever killed one single main character at one single wedding.

Whatever! My point was that Tyrion is Martin's best character, and he is very much aware of that. Kill him, and you suddenly realize how pale all the other characters are compared to him (minus Jaqen H'ghar and Beric Dondarrion, of course).

He's ruthless!!

10394098_10204076324694726_5031676699002

:(

Ask Renovia to give you my address. I'll be awaiting your vengeance!

No, I was expressing my probable sadness in the event that the Imp loses his head!

:(

quote name="guest2" post="1011903" timestamp="1401913379"]And the totally ponderous and utterly unprofound conversation between Jamie and Tyrion. What a load of shit that was! I'd have rather they just padded out the epi with more tits and arse instead of having to endure that really boring writer's indulgence.

I think the point was that The Mountain is just a dumb guy squashing beetles (or in this case Oberyn) just like Tyrion's cousin was.
Yeah I got that, but it was completely empty. Because this Mountain guy is undeserving of such deep consideration by the viewer given the fact that the only thing we've been told and shown of him is that he's a brick shithouse WWE contender. It was wasted time and investment.

I always thought the book series never recovered after Tyrion's execution. Will miss him next season.

Karol

Littlefinger's predictable Eastenders soap moment where she slowly brought her eyes up to meet his in secret acknowledgement was really cheesy and I wish they hadn't been so melodramatic about how they shot that moment. Things like that always lower the standard, unnecessarily. Don't do it!

I pointed that out too when watching - I was like "don't look at each other now! Just wait until you're alone somewhere later!)

And the totally ponderous and utterly unprofound conversation between Jamie and Tyrion. What a load of shit that was! I'd have rather they just padded out the epi with more tits and arse instead of having to endure that really boring writer's indulgence.

I think the point was that The Mountain is just a dumb guy squashing beetles (or in this case Oberyn) just like Tyrion's cousin was.

I took it to be the gods as Tyrion seems to struggle with religion and they're cruelty. "Why are all the gods such vicious c*nts?" as he said in S208. He doesn't like not understanding things and he's unable to fathom them. His cousin works as a parallel for them. Not saying that justifies the scene or anything. I felt it could have been shorter.

I was wondering about the size of Westeros (I love to imagine scale and landmass) and found this:

http://thewertzone.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/size-of-westeros-compared-to-usa.html?m=1

The tv adaptation does NOT successfully communicate this vast degree of scale. If anything I'm always under the impression that you could fit the entirety of the fictional lands easily into the size of the United Kingdom, and that the land across the Narrow Sea is but the equivalent of Spain.

It's rather curious isn't it. People seem to get around far too quickly. We're talking the equivalent of Middle-Earth over a few nights, according to the tv show.

When you put it like that and then realise the true distances and lands involved, Arya's chance meeting with the cook boy in the previous episode suddenly seems ludicrous.

If the show gets specific with time and schedules, then they will make mistakes and people will criticize them. The writers may not even know for sure because they've pulled so many storylines back to give characters things to do alongside events from earlier books.

I justify Brienne running into Hot Pie because there aren't a lot of roads and towns out in the boonies between major cities, and that was as good a place as any to find him.

Plus it is a work of fiction for crying out loud. Most opportune coincidences happen for dramatic purposes. Plus you sometimes meet the unlikeliest people in the unlikeliest places. I have met old co-workers or acquaintances in the most surprising places over the years. And if the inn where Hot Pie is working is on the main road to North then it is not even such a long stretch of imagnation that they would meet by chance if Brienne and Podric are on their fastest way North. The fact the Brienne blurts out Sansa's name so freely is of course very Brienne.

Wrong again! Oh and SO terribly wrong at that!

And the totally ponderous and utterly unprofound conversation between Jamie and Tyrion. What a load of shit that was! I'd have rather they just padded out the epi with more tits and arse instead of having to endure that really boring writer's indulgence.

I took it to be the gods as Tyrion seems to struggle with religion and they're cruelty. "Why are all the gods such vicious c*nts?" as he said in S208. He doesn't like not understanding things and he's unable to fathom them. His cousin works as a parallel for them. Not saying that justifies the scene or anything. I felt it could have been shorter.

You guys completely misinterpreted what the dialogue between Tyrion and Jaime was supposed to mean...

BpU0CC6IAAAv7RI.jpg

:lol:

:lol:

If only that scene had ended in triumph for the Viper.