The Official Chris Tilton Thread

Koray Savas

I bought a Chris-Tilton-signed copy of Fringe 2 from BuySoundtrax, and ordered the first one along with it - and to my very pleasant surprise BSX went (unasked) through the trouble to get that signed as well.

:up:

Can't wait to put these in my stereo tomorrow - very excited to finally have these CDs.

PS - if Chris Tilton happens to be reading - thanks for the signatures!

:)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Chris Tilton, I just saw this neat post from him on FSM:

[Elfman] uses MOTU Digital Performer. So does Don Davis, Michael Giacchino, Desplat, Shore, Goldenthal, pretty much most Hollywood biggies...,

I switched to Pro Tools in early 2009, since it became more composer friendly. I previously used Digital Performer. I'm trying to convince MG to switch too, but he loves the "chunks" feature too much tongue.gif

Source: http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=79476

Speaking of Chris Tilton, I just saw this neat post from him on FSM:

[Elfman] uses MOTU Digital Performer. So does Don Davis, Michael Giacchino, Desplat, Shore, Goldenthal, pretty much most Hollywood biggies...,

I switched to Pro Tools in early 2009, since it became more composer friendly. I previously used Digital Performer. I'm trying to convince MG to switch too, but he loves the "chunks" feature too much tongue.gif

Source: http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=79476

what does mean 'chunks' feature?

i hope its not a button that composes chunks of filler music... :P

• 8 months later...

O.K. The guy deserves his own. He's the next Giacchino, who is the next John Williams. So basically HE IS John Williams.

I just actually really want to know what's going on with the Mercenaries 2 score. It's not up on iTunes yet.

What ever happened to him, he used to be a regular on the filmtracks forum. A major film music geek like much of the rest of us!

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

AWESOME NEWS!!!

I agree his Fringe scores are great, but honestly his work on ALCATRAZ last year was the best scoring of 2012!

It's a shame Alcatraz won't get an official release. I wish the show had done better--both for the music and for the show itself! Hopefully Human won't suffer the same fate!

I still have not heard any of Tilton's "solo" efforts.

I have been trying to track down his "The Incredibles" video game scores as a starting point.

I would recommend his Fringe scores--especially seasons three and four. Season two is still great, but I think season three and season four are his best.

• 1 month later...

I might be misinterpreting this, but it seems like Tilton might be scoring Mirror's Edge 2 for EA Games.

Have to hand it to EA, Mirror’s Edge tease is probably the best thing they could have done to end the show. I’m on board “when it’s ready”

https://twitter.com/christilton/status/344197026373853184

EDIT: I think I did misinterpret it. By "on board," he probably meant he's excited to play it, not going to score it. Never mind!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tilton is no longer scoring Almost Human. The Crystal Method is instead. :crymore:

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/11/12/the-crystal-method-scoring-foxs-almost-human/

Nooooooooooooooooo! That was literally the only reason I was going to watch. What happened??

I don't know. I think he has been working on developing a video game of his own, and he's probably doing the music for that. (He said something about an announcement next month.) Or maybe they wanted a more techno sound for the show? I don't know. I was really hoping for some new tracks like Letters of Transit or The Singularity is Upon Us for a "futuristic" kind of score.

I'm really sad about this! I was so excited to hear him create a new musical world. :(

• 9 months later...

Yay, exciting news! I haven't heard the scores for the other Assassin's Creed games, but I'll definitely be checking this one out.

• 2 months later...

Cool! Never played the game - how's the score?

The game hasn't been released yet. I think the samples sound good, though! A strange amount of synths for a historical video game...

God I love Fringe.

You and me both. *sigh* I wish the show had the ratings to keep going, but I'm thankful that FOX gave us what they did.

Cool! Never played the game - how's the score?

The game hasn't been released yet. I think the samples sound good, though! A strange amount of synths for a historical video game...
Sounds like you never played it either ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone else had a chance to listen to Assassin's Creed Unity yet? What did you think?

I love it! To me it sounds like a cousin to Chris's Fringe scores, which is certainly a good thing in my book!

Are there any themes that are carried over from previous games? I thought Chris had said he was reusing another composer's theme, but I'm not familiar with the music from the other games.

• 7 months later...

A bit strange to end the trailer on the "suspenseful" shot of a lion approaching the characters standing at the edge of a cliff, after already showing them tumble down the cliff a few moments earlier...

• 5 months later...

Just in case Mr Tilton's reading this:

could you maybe provide us with the original cue title list for Fringe's "The Day We Died", please?

Many thanks for posting a couple of additional MP3s during the show's run!

Just in case Mr Tilton's reading this:

could you maybe provide us with the original cue title list for Fringe's "The Day We Died", please?

Many thanks for posting a couple of additional MP3s during the show's run!

When did he post the additional MP3s? Are they still available? I'm always game for more Fringe cues. :)