The Adventures of Tintin SEQUEL Anticipation thread

Muad'Dib

Good, keep him away from it. He's wrong for Tintin.

Actually, I think PJ's over-the-top sensibilities might work with Spielberg's Indiana Jones-esque take of the Tintin character.

But he might be too damaged for even that.

Well I was finally able to track Sir Peter Jackson in an interview he had in December 2014 with the Daily Beast. When he was asked about The Adventures of Tintin sequel, Jackson responded that he was going to do the Tintin sequel at some point and time, but right now he wants to do a couple movies that are based around his native country of New Zealand. What a bummer! :(

http://welovetintin.weebly.com/tintin-2-news/what-are-you-doing-peter-jackson-what-about-our-tintin-sequel

Sounds like it's dead, Jim. Sorry, king mark. The chances of another Williams score would appear to be slim to none at this point.

• 1 month later...

Jackson is "damaged"? :lol:

The guy made 6 billion dollars with 6 movies, with BOTFA's revenue being damaged by exchange rate. As much as people would like to believe it, attendance didn't drop significantly between AUJ and BOTFA.

Green screen is completely irrelevant when doing animation, so why is that even a point? Jackson certainly won't do worse than Spielberg with his antique sense for adventure.

• 2 months later...
Speaking to Collider, Frost had this to say about a potential sequel, “I really hope it goes, but I think Pete [Jackson] has just been really busy with The Hobbit. When he decides what he wants to do next, we’ll either do it or we won’t do it. We had a great time, me and Simon and Toby Jones and Daniel Craig. There’s so much rich fodder in the Tintin universe that it would be a shame to not reprise that.“

http://www.screengonzo.com/2015/03/11/unfortunately-nick-frost-doesnt-have-an-update-on-the-adventures-of-tintin-sequel/

Heavenly Creatures is the only one of his movies I could stand.

What's wrong with The Frighteners?

When I was very very young, The Frighteners was the only film to induce nightmares on me. Besides, for some reason, The Land Before Time. But NOT Jurassic Park or Terminator or any of those other films I saw. Huh.

What is it that you like about Calculus?

I read Tintin when I was a kid and Professeur Tournesol was my favourite character.

I loved the way he can drive people nuts. It's perhaps the hardest character to translate in english.

If Spielberg show him in his sequels, I wonder if it will be funny, I'm mean with the french dub.

Yes, because there's no way I can watch Tintin in english, this would be too bizzare!

European cinema companies should invest some money in this and make the sequels happen. After all, its here where Tintin is really known and appreciated.

I doubt williams would do this score anymore, seeing that he even dropped a Spielberg film.

• 9 months later...

Oh :(

Damn. How can something go sooo wrong.

And I f*cking passed on some great DVD deals because i wanted to buy the trilogy pack someday in the future...

Well, on the light side of things, that one less trilogy for williams to remain alive to finish it... :(

oops. Yeah...i should have seen Jackson was jesting so much with a things like this....

But really i read this: "Studio Exec Peter Jackson says...."

it made sense :P

So there is hope? or not... :(

There hasn't been any news on a Tintin sequel in years.  Jackson got busy making The Hobbit, then said he wants to do smaller, New Zealand based films next.

Spielberg's next 3 movies (The BFG, Ready Player One, It's What I Do) are all scheduled out so he's not free for a while.

I'd guess its essentially dead without being technically dead.

I wonder if Jackson's next "small" film will be like the one he did after LotR, i.e. King Kong. ;)

5 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I would give directing duties for Serkis for the two sequels and be done with it!

Poor Andy. Can't get a decent acting and directing gig without the bloody motion capture.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

There hasn't been any news on a Tintin sequel in years.  Jackson got busy making The Hobbit, then said he wants to do smaller, New Zealand based films next.

Spielberg's next 3 movies (The BFG, Ready Player One, It's What I Do) are all scheduled out so he's not free for a while.

I'd guess its essentially dead without being technically dead.

AGH! Don't say that. I wished Peter Jackson would STOP WASTING OUR TIME and get on with Tintin already.

Spielberg's one was pretty darn epic; a far better fun adventure film than Indiana Jones was.

I never cease to be amazed by the amount of cool stuff that he fit into a single movie. I want more, dagnabbit! ;)

Even though I still quite like the Hobbit films, I would have taken Tintin instead ANY day of the week. No doubt about it.

I dunno, I'd say PJ's current directing sensibilities are better suited for a single Tintin feature than they were for another Middle Earth adventure

Eh, I wasn't actively anticipating film or score for Tin2 anyway.  The film was oddly boring and the score, while I loved it, doesn't strike me as really needing a continuation.  It was fun but I'm not itching to hear any new variations on Snowy's Theme or The Thompson's Theme again.