Battle Creek - Vince Gilligan's Followup to Breaking Bad (premieres March 1st 2015)

Jay

• 3 weeks later...

Opening titles:

More videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/BattleCreekCBS/videos

I've been catching commercials for this off and on when flipping channels recently (it premieres on Sunday), and they aren't even mentioning Gilligan in the ads.

It's a CBS show. Only I'm allowed to watch unless Ricard Alex and KM are in the 50 club.

Again its the law of demographics.

Holy crap, took me half the preview to recognize the stubborn cop as Mayhem from Allstate commercials.

Also took me a while to recognize him as Dennis from 30 Rock.

I never watched a minute of 30 Rock and don't remember him on SVU.

first season only. He was R. Belzer's(Munch) partner before finn.

Why awful?

she's as funny as cancer.

Never saw either show.

30 rock isn't that with the awful Tina fey?

30 Rock is hilarious. In its prime, it was one of the best comedies on TV (it dropped the ball in its last 2 seasons). Tina Fey isn't the funniest part of it though. She plays a normal character (or as normal as the show got), which is what made her good in the show.

I've been catching commercials for this off and on when flipping channels recently (it premieres on Sunday), and they aren't even mentioning Gilligan in the ads.

From what I've read Gilligan is barely involved. It was something he pitched years ago, but then CBS resurrected it on their own. He may have some type of producing and "created by" credit, but I don't believe he's writing or directing anything or actively involved in its production.

Generally 3 camera comedies are not funny. I can't think of many that are.

30 Rock was a single camera comedy.

From what I've read Gilligan is barely involved. It was something he pitched years ago, but then CBS resurrected it on their own. He may have some type of producing and "created by" credit, but I don't believe he's writing or directing anything or actively involved in its production.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. Now everything makes so much more sense!

• 2 months later...