Terminator Genisys

MSM

Not surprising... well at least with Arnold back in the mix they maybe good. Terminator Salvation had some parts to it that were good but over all stunk. I know most didn't like Terminator 3 Rise Of The Machines but I enjoyed it.

T2 had the perfect ending. 3 and 4 shouldn't exist.

I wish someone once wrote an original script for a blocbuster, which is not a reboot, sequel, prequel or a tribute, or even tied to any known piece of merchendising. That I would watch gladly.

Karol

I wish someone once wrote an original script for a blocbuster, which is not a reboot, sequel, prequel or a tribute, or even tied to any known piece of merchendising. That I would watch gladly.

Karol

Well, we had that Avatar film a few years ago...

Nah, it was allowed. I like it. After many failed attempts earlier, the android achieved a believable humanity right in his final moment.

Nope. That wasn't the reason for the thumbs up.

Karol

Well, we had that Avatar film a few years ago...

It's one film (well, this an Inception). Everything else, however...

Karol

I have a bad feelings about The Hobbit. Mark my words.

But why? I mean, you have the famous book (it's not some writer from Lost), you have Peter Jackson ... it can't go wrong, right?

Not surprising... well at least with Arnold back in the mix they maybe good. Terminator Salvation had some parts to it that were good but over all stunk. I know most didn't like Terminator 3 Rise Of The Machines but I enjoyed it.

Agree totally. T3 was the best of the first three IMO, with the best music, cinematography, development, women and production design. It also had a light feel to it that I enjoyed, while still being enough ominous and faithful to T1 and T2.

T3 was the best of the first three IMO,

That's a strange opinion. Almost like saying The Batlle Of Endor is the best Star Wars movie. Surely everybody can see that the storytelling isn't up to par with Cameron's. To me Rise Of The Machines was a typical straight-to-video movie.

Let me guess: they'll try to kill Connor in this one. Am I right? Hey, I get a cookie!

It does follow Salvation although some of the producers and franchise owner were not to happy about the job McG did with it but they felt it was good enough to continue on and they want the fifth and sixth installments to be the closing of the franchise...

...before deciding to shoot the seventh, eighth and ninth installment too, because they thought there were some ideas that were not explored in the previous films.

Nah, it was allowed. I like it. After many failed attempts earlier, the android achieved a believable humanity right in his final moment.

While I like it too, I do agree with Cremers about ti being corny.

And no, the android didn't achieve a believable humanity. he was just replicating something he was asked by Connor to do. He was just following orders. He's just a fucking machine.

How dull. Sorry, I don't have the same coldly clinical outlook on the movies as you.

Of course it's corny. Apparently that's a bad thing in your world.

T3 was the best of the first three IMO,

That's a strange opinion. Almost like saying The Batlle Of Endor is the best Star Wars movie. Surely everybody can see that the storytelling isn't up to par with Cameron's. To me Rise Of The Machines was a typical straight-to-video movie.

I hear it more often...apparantly I have a different look on movies than most people. My taste is often opposite to the IMDB trend.

I loved no. 3 and 4 as well (although they weren't quite up to the classic status of the first two), and look forward to another.

But like others, I'm worried how they're going to justify Arnold's advanced age. Robots don't age, do they? This was already an issue with T3. But maybe they'll be able to write in an explanation somehow.

Sorry, I don't have the same coldly clinical outlook on the movies as you.

Of course it's corny. You make that seem like a bad thing.

I said I like it. I like corny. Corny isn't a bad thing.

But that whole "the machine achieves some humanity" bullshit still is bullshit.

Depressing.

You're reading me and it far too literally.

This film should be a prequel or something. Or they could kill John Connor. But I don't think this is better than the last film.

This film should be a prequel or something. Or they could kill John Connor. But I don't think this is better than the last film.

Both 3 and 4 were prequels.

It is.

It's corny because, ultimately, it's an ending that doesn't want to depress certain viewers who sympathize with the character. Some would call that a Hollywood copout. I would've like it better without it.

Both 3 and 4 were prequels.

And the previous films are prequels as well ;)

It is.

It's corny because, ultimately, it's an ending that doesn't want to depress certain viewers who sympathize with the character. Some would call that a Hollywood copout. I would've like it better without it.

I disagree. I think it's harmless. I expect that's because I'm a romantic, it colours my approach and judgement of movies - not all movies - but entertainments like T2 yes, very much so. The Terminator's 'fascination' with human behaviour becomes a clear theme in the second half of the movie, so my 'cosy' theory is a valid one. You may not like it, but it's just tough isn't it. Now I'm not saying Arnie becomes so human in the end that he wants to have a pet dog and sit down with his family to watch The Waltons, but the idea that the android made, right at the end of its service, a connection with John is absolutely hinted at by the way of a universally recognised humanistic gesture. Again, it's harmless.

So it's corny, oh well boo hoo for the miserable fuckers in the audience who want a Kubrickian bleakness at the end of every damn movie they watch. I love that by the way, but not every bleeding time without fail.

This franchise has been buried under the ground already so why does Hollywood feel the need to make more terminator movies. Two terrminator movies for that matter. Also didn't the last two flop. They want to make two more movies b/c 64 year old Arnold wants to. Let the franchise rest in piece already. Theres nothing more they can do with it, imho. They missed that opportunity with T4. Cameron needs to get the rights back so they can stop destroying these movies any further than they already have.

Can't you people (the same people who were convinced Avatar would bomb) just wait until these movies are released before passing judgement...? T3 and T4 weren't so bad, and T2 is nowhere near as good as some people think it is. The only really good, original movie in the series was the first one.

I'm sorry Roald but T4 WAS awful. I like to call that movie TINO. It was anything but a terminator movie in my eyes. At least T3 was entertaining. and was a good popcorn movie that's it. T4 was just crap from start to finish, imo.

I'm sorry Roald but T4 WAS awful. I like to call that movie TINO. It was anything but a terminator movie in my eyes. At least T3 was entertaining. and was a good popcorn movie that's it. T4 was just crap from start to finish, imo.

Hey, I didn't say it's my favorite movie of anything like that. But the movie was not 'awful'. Thought it was an interesting twist on the concept after having seen two quasi-remakes of the The Terminator already (T2 and T3).

I agree with Roald. T4 was a polished, intelligently conceived prequel that added lots of interesting elements to the universe; had some good actors and superb setpieces. Same goes for T3 too; what I loved about that, in particular, was how 'real' it all felt. There was CGI, of course, but also the mechanical feel of actual vehicles crashing and clanking. Like a good, ol' 80's action film.

In fact, none of the entries in the TERMINATOR universe have been outright bad....they've all had stuff going for them, including the SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES.

Take it as you will, but Leonard Maltin gave T4 *** stars. You guys are speaking about the film as being as bad as Friday The 13th Part 2 or something. It's not.

Take it as you will, but Leonard Maltin gave T4 *** stars. You guys are speaking about the film as being as bad as Friday The 13th Part 2 or something. It's not.

it was one of the most unnecessary films I've ever watched. and 3 stars is generous. I'd give it 1 star. another Christian Bale failure.

Take it as you will, but Leonard Maltin gave T4 *** stars.

Is this supposed to change our opinion on the film? I don't even know who this guy is!

Look out his book - the "Movie And Video Guide" (or whatever it's called this year) - it's essential for anyone remotely interested in movies.

"Terminator 3" was a curiousity - something that doesn't feel (for me) to be part of the same universe as the first two, but in it's own right it's a pretty good popcorn flick - not great, but certainly not as bad as the unfair drubbing it gets purely because of the films that it followed.

"Terminator: Salvation" was a different kettle of fish for me - far more in tune with the original movie, some great moments - but it had a problem from the outset in that it wanted to be an "Intelligent" movie but cater at the same time to the brainless multiplex goers who think Twilight is a classic of it's genre. Ultimately, it achieves neither (though veers dangerously close to the latter), but it does serve as a solid setup for continuation, without being stupid about it (although, in hindsight, I do wonder if the people involved now regret including the Arnie-Terminator).

I will look forward to parts 5 and 6, and be happy to pass my money over the counter to see them. I just hope - HOPE - that the emphasis is on story and characterisation rather than Ahnuld (though SOMEHOW, Cameron manage a perfect balance in T2). That's where Terminator wins.

EDIT - apparently that site's source was either bogus, or out of date and things have changed.

It's far from a bad movie, but while it would be good as a stand alone movie, it doesn't fit the Terminator universe. Christian Bale and Bryce Dallas Howard just don't fit in the Terminator world. Sam Worthington was superb though.

What baffles me is that everybody was drooling over it when it came out, and now everybody seems to hate it. At least I hated it from the beginning.

I still haven't seen T4.

Don't! You're not missing anything. Plus your time will be better spent doing other things than watching T4.