JAWS returning to theaters this summer for 40th Anniversary

Jay

We're gonna need a bigger theater...

Forget a bigger theater. We need a bigger screen.

Jaws will be the best movie of the summer, by far. It won't even be close. It will also be the best film of the year by far, it won't be close.

Jaws will be the best movie of the summer, by far. It won't even be close. It will also be the best film of the year by far, it won't be close.

We're talking 1975 here, aren't we?

I've already seen it in theaters and it was a genuine film print from back in the day, not a remastered digital version. I remember there was a bunch of print damage, mono audio track differences and even parts that were missing at the reel changes. It was great.

I've already seen it in theaters and it was a genuine film print from back in the day, not a remastered digital version. I remember there was a bunch of print damage, mono audio track differences and even parts that were missing at the reel changes. It was great.

Yeah. i miss the "phasing" sound as the Orca's engine explodes.

We're talking 1975 here, aren't we?

Jaws is a better film than any movie in 76, maybe 77, maybe 78, 79, 80, 81, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15.

E.T. is better, 97 was supposed to be maybe 97.

Yea, I like The Fifth Element more than Jaws too :)

when it comes to Jaws your attempt at humor would only be exceeded if you were eaten by a great white off Cape Cod.

Theatrical screenings this summer would likely have the new audio and not the 1975 audio anyway

I have Jaws on Blu-ray. I don't intend to make time to pay to see it in a theater.

I have plenty of films on Blu-ray, including "Jaws", but I would relish the chance to see some of them at the cinema again.

Eh? Sorry, dude: that dog don't hunt.

Well, didn't Spielberg say that Jaws on BluRay looked better than the cinema version? Are they showing the re-mastered version or just old prints?

There's no chance they are showing anything but the 4K remaster they recently made (which the Blu-Ray is mastered from)

I have Jaws on Blu-ray. I don't intend to make time to pay to see it in a theater.

I have plenty of films on Blu-ray, including "Jaws", but I would relish the chance to see some of them at the cinema again.

Eh? Sorry, dude: that dog don't hunt.

ET is better than Jaws. Star Wars, Superman, and Titanic rival Jaws for my love of the film.

KM,the Jaws blu is wonderful. Unlike today's films it's not afraid of color. There is none of that hideous blue orange modern tinting.

If it wasn't for the vehicles and the smoking in the hospital scene it could be brand new.

It sounds great.

The awesome Dersu Uzala was better than the awesome Jaws in 1975 *gets hanged by a bunch of fanatics*

Anyways, I would love to see this.

I don't know what that is. Jaws is way better without even knowing.

Nonsense!

I saw Jaws when I was about 3 years old!

and at three it was way to much for even you.

It was too much for my Sister who was 6 at the time. All she saw was terror.

I was 14 and mom said I was white as a ghost coming out of the theatre.

I saw it in secret. Sneaked down stairs when my parents were watching it on video.

I'm sure I didnt really understand it, but two scenes stayed with me. The one with the fishing line, where Quint tries to hook the shark, and the one where Bruce smashed through the cabin of the sinking Orca.

I have no idea when I first saw Jaws and have still never seen any of the sequels.

It wasn't until somewhere around college (probably when the 25th anniversary DVD came out) that I saw it "for real" - any viewings from before that I have no concrete memories of.

Man, its a well-made movie.

I'll see Jaws 2 some day for sure - I eventually want to see every John Williams-scored movie there is. As for the other Jaws movies, eh...... maybe some day, who knows.