New Force Awakens TV Spot - new Williams score?

King Mark

It sounds pretty Williamsy to me. It's very short so it's hard to tell.

Unrelated to the current discussion but how does Abrams' "music of the gods" comment bode for a strong religious sound being explored in TFA?

I can't really tell, either. If it's music specifically for a teaser (or from the actual score) then why did they track music from ROTS and not use original music for the whole thing?

"Beautiful" ? I dunno, its hard to really tell much from 15 seconds!

Could be Williams; Could not be.

The more I listen to it, the more I think it's not Williams. The ROTS piece was pasted in and I wouldn't be surprised if that "new" piece was pulled from elsewhere, too.

I just watched the video and heard the RCP opening and thought King Mark was joking.

Then I read the thread and I can't stop laughing.

I thought there was a 50/50 chance that it was generic trailer music or Williams will synth overlays and trailer percussion.

This score should make it clear if John is ready to pass on the torch or whether he still has strength left to carry it yet.

Even if TFA were another Crystal Skull, I would still like it much more than anything Giacchino would have done. I'll take Williams on auto-pilot over Giacchino on... uh, normal-pilot.

I'm not surprised that's what it sounds like, most likely the result of Williams passing his sketches on to a beginner orchestrator who had trouble reading Williams' handwriting. Mistook the accent marks for staccato marks, an easy mistake to make. Not to even mention the misreadings in the percussion section...