Intrada announces Alan Silvestri's The Avengers - A physical CD longer than the digital download!

Jay

I think you're an idiot for posting that.

Dickhead Jason.....dickhead!

OMG, I can't believe I did that! That's what I get for posting at 1am....

How cool is that? Intrada is seriously a classy, top-notch label.

Classy labels don't do collectible covers

As much as I want the chance to call Steef a dickhead, I don't understand the collectible covers thing either.

I'm confident Intrada doesn't expect people to buy 5 copies, so why call them 'collectable'?

I believe Disney does own Marvel Comics and all its characters. They just don't have movie rights for certain properties that were previously sold to other studios. (Except for Paramount. Kinda.)

Paramount remains distributor of the Marvel movies not part of the Disney buyout deal -- Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger. They got a flat 8% percentage of the box-office grosses (they got 10% for Iron Man and 9% for Iron Man 3) and were reimbursed for P&A costs. They're still involved with The Avengers and Iron Man 3 as a co-sponsor, so to speak, and so they get their logo on the films. (I don't know if that will happen with the Marvel films after that, like Thor 2 and Captain America 2.)

I'm not sure about Spidey and the X-Men, but the Fantstic Four deal does expire unless Sony keeps making films (hence the reboot in the works). And the Punisher is back in Marvel's hands, although I don't know if Lionsgate's deal expired or if Marvel just bought it back.

Spider-Man live-action film rights are with Sony. Fox holds the rights to both X-Men and Fantastic 4... but considering the last FF4 movie came out in 2007, I expected Fox to fast-track the reboot so they could keep the rights.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think you can embed soundcloud players on this forum unfortunately

Can't wait to hear the show!

I must say Dark Shadows sounds really promising. He's expanding on his The Wolfman score, which can't be a bad thing, cause one of his very best scores. Yeah, I know it's off topic.

As for The Avengers, it kind of expands on Cap's music from last year, but in a modern setting. Theme is nothing special, but it's still good enough, I guess. I'll buy this disc.

Thanks for the preview, Tim!

Karol

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody receive their copy yet? How do you like it? Had you heard the digital version prior? If so, how does the Intrada version compare?

• 3 years later...

As this is the most recent Avengers thread, I wanted to share my latest find -I think someone already discovered it before but didn't know it was exactly from this cue. Listen a 4:00...

And then 2:40 here

it's practically the same! :lol: Although I must say I prefer the A-Team version, that string line behind the brass is insane!

• 5 months later...

I didn't like the film or score back in 2012 when I saw the film in theaters.  I think I listened to the OST once around that time.

When I re-watched the film last year before the sequel came out I liked it (the film) a lot more than before.  I started listening to the OST on Spotify after that a few times and its a long album that doesn't hold my interest the entire time, but there are many great highlights including Hellicarrier, Assemble, I Got A Ride, The Avengers.... its not a bad score, but not up to the greatness of late 80s-early 90s Silvestri.  The main theme is a good one, though!

Nothing Silvestri does will ever be as good as Back to the Future.

The Avengers is decent though. It's certainly better than most of the other Marvel scores. Although that's not saying much.

The only score from the MCU I like more is Elfman's material from Avengers 2.  Ant-man isn't bad, have you checked out that one yet?

Back to Silvestri, I love Predator 2, Contact, and The Abyss just as much as I love the BTTF scores

5 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Judge Dredd is better. BTTF is the most overrated score of the 80's.

I have a hard time listening to Judge Dredd in long stretches. I never tire of Back to the Future. I love that score.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit is pretty good too.

23 hours ago, Jay said:

The only score from the MCU I like more is Elfman's material from Avengers 2.  Ant-man isn't bad, have you checked out that one yet.

You need to check out Craig Armstrong's Incredible Hulk again.

One of the major chases seems to have been temp tracked with one of the Bourne themes, but Hulk really is the most intelligent and thematic score in the MCU. Easily the most emotional as well.

• 5 years later...

There's a scene in FREE GUY where Silvestri's Avengers theme is used, and it was awesome!  If Disney is smart they can do what they can to make this theme as iconic as JW's biggest heavy hitters.  I think they've done a fairly good job of trying to use it in MCU films outside of the four Avengers ones, but stuff like this helps cement it in the public conscious, too.

I found the scene on youtube if you want to see it

• 7 months later...

Have any JWFanners with the physical CD edition of this score tried playing there copy lately?  There are 2 posters on the Intrada forum who say their copy doesn't play any more

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=83219#p83219