The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

I have no interest in a solo hulk movie. Hulk has no real personality and is by default rather uninteresting except for bursts of rage in small doses.

Strange that you find every Marvel movie interesting except Hulk. With me it's the other way around. It's the only Marvel movie that seems to be about something.

It's very Freudian. Yes, that in itself might feel tired and somewhat cliché. But for a blockbuster it's actually "a content". It feels like there's something bubbling underneath, beyond what characters are explicitly stating to the audience on screen. Whether that's intentional or not, I have no clue. But it doesn't matter.

Karol

It's been so many years since I've seen it. To pinpoint it, I really have to watch it again. I merely wanted to point out that, while I was watching it, I felt there was more to it than meets the eye. There seems to be some kind of a psychological layer beneath the comic book surface. What that is exactly can be subjective (and not something I wanted to discuss) but it's something that I don't feel when I watch other Marvel flicks. For that reason, I simply cannot agree that a Hulk solo movie is not interesting.

Alex

It's odd that for such FX-heavy movies Marvel wants to work with a Shakespeare guy like Branah. I can't really say that Thor is all about acting.

Branagh used to be a Shakespeare guy, but his last four movies have been "Sleuth,' "Thor," "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit," and "Cinderella." I don't thnk anything is out of the question anymore.