The Official "The Walking Dead" TV Show Discussion Thread (Beware Spoilers)

BLUMENKOHL

I wish Glenn was alive too, but alas that doesn't seem to be the case. His death was fairly apparent. If they've really killed him off, that's gotta be some of the worst writing ever. And yeah, I know they live in a world where anyone can go (GAME OF THRONES-style), but Glenn has been set up as a future leader from the very first season. It's rather speculative writing if they're killing him off just for the 'shock effect'.

Seems like Rick is next to go, judging from the episode climax.

You want Glenn to live??

He was one of the worst parts of the show!

And spoilers tags aren't necessary in this thread, right?

I don't know....the others seemed to include spoiler tags. But I guess not....

Yes, of course I want him to live. I'm the complete opposite of you. He's one of my favourite characters of the show -- the sympathetic heart of the group. He's also set up as a future leader in the very first season. As such, it doesn't make any sense at all to kill him off like that. That would be sloppy writing. But I guess we'll find out in the next few episodes for sure. The death certainly seemed definitive.

Sorry, but I loved episode episode 12 of S5 called Remember. Nothing really happens ... and that's the first reason why I loved it. Because nothing happens, and everything looks too good to be true, you kept waiting for the danger or evil to reveal itself. Really folks, this is the perfect way to create tension. The second reason is that is that at the end of the episode we realize that we were looking in the wrong direction. Brilliant! This is probably going to be the best episode of S5.

the-walking-dead_season-5_episode-12_rem

Alex

Heh. I just watched that episode too. And yeah its good. Its already a more interesting place than Woodbury with that Liam Neeson/Kurt Russell wannabe.

Rick has become a tough, cynical son of a bitch huh. Always found him too indecisive in the first few seasons, but he's a real badass now, with more shades to him. And with the beard he looks like Viggo Mortensen.

I'm even starting to like Glenn.

(I liked the savage beard but now it's back to Rick the hunk again, especially when the blonde came by for a visit and Rick opened the door shirtless in his shower look)

Rick has become a tough, cynical son of a bitch huh. Always found him too indecisive in the first few seasons, but he's a real badass now, with more shades to him. And with the beard he looks like Viggo Mortensen.

Carol is the true badass.

Carol is the true badass.

The way she threatened that poor kid who saw her taking the guns in episode 13 of S5 ... Holy!

I might actually be content if they killed off Rick and made Carol the main character. I haven't been into Rick much since his farming days at the prison 3(?) seasons ago. His character development is all over the place, which is definitely realistic but - for me - makes it harder to identify with him.

Finally fully up to speed with this show ... great stuff. Still finding basic cable's 'The gore can be zombie movie-level, but don't say fuck!' rule baffling, though (even more so when the last line of Season 4 actually DID have the series' first eff-word in it ... are they allowed it or not?).

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was really an anticlimactic mid-season finale. Nobody important died. The two characters who were placed in mortal danger aren't important. Characters whose fates were cockteased half the season stood idly by. About the only thing worth watching is the preview of next year's continuation.

• 1 month later...

So because she filmed some movie a year ago that's finally coming out now, you think that has an affect on her working on the show in the future?

Finished Fear the Walking Dead. I don't think I like the characters as much as regular Walking Dead but I'm glad the Earth went into dystopian mood fairly quickly. At first I though we had to wait until the last minute of the last episode for that to happen. Season 1 feels like the prequel to the second part of Boyle's 28 Days Later. Also a bit different is the strength of the zombies. The dead are fresh and not easily to kill with one single blow to the head. Only six episodes though.

Alex

On 12/31/2015 at 2:13 PM, Woj said:

Not really anything we haven't seen. 

Actually, I was wrong. The trailer is very informative. Rick has an axe to grind... Whoo boy... 

With Walking Dead doing 16 episodes a year and FTWD 15, that's only 31 weeks out of 52 they have covered.  Surely they have more spinoffs in the works!

• 1 month later...

It is annoying that the new software only shows 25 threads per page instead of 40.  I searched far and wide and couldn't find a setting to change it.

Anyway, to find a thread on JWFan the easiest way is Google;

Just go to google.com and type in "walking dead site:jwfan.com" and voila, first result.

It's actually really easy to find threads within the site too.  Simply scroll to the top of the screen and type "walking dead" into the search box, then on the left side of that pick "topics".  Voila, first result.

Again that's desktop, can't remember if the mobile search has that left side thingy or not