The Dark Knight Rises

John Crichton

I'd also like to advise not going to Wikipedia. Dunno if it was a huge spoiler, since most of us suspected it, but (if you're curious; don't worry, nothing major)

Marion Cotillard is playing Talia ah Ghul after all

I had suspected as much all along. No biggie. I know too much already.

I liked the one comment on Facebook that said the biggest unbelievable part of the story would be that Hines Ward could return a kickoff for a touchdown in whatever year the movie is meant to take place.

Most of us with a little comics familiarity figured it was going to happen. I'm pretty sure there's worse on wikipedia, but I'm not about to find out! :lol:

... that it was nothing major!

Yeah, that is a major spoiler, actually!

Karol

Depends on your knowledge of Batman. While I'm familiar with the name, I have no clue what that spoiler means in context of the film.

I'd also like to advise not going to Wikipedia. Dunno if it was a huge spoiler, since most of us suspected it, but (if you're curious; don't worry, nothing major)

Marion Cotillard is playing Talia ah Ghul after all

I knew it.

Boxoffice Mojo is predicting the Dark Knight to beat the Avenger's opening weekend despite it's lack of 3D.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3491&p=.htm

Boxoffice Mojo is predicting the Dark Knight to beat the Avenger's opening weekend despite it's lack of 3D.

http://www.boxoffice...?id=3491&p=.htm

Absolutely nothing wrong with a lack of 3D. I normally don't get sick from them, but when I saw Spider-man in IMAX 3D the other day I got one of the worst migraines I've had in a long time.

Even in 2D there were scenes in Amazing Spiderman that I felt the need to look down, it has the shaky cam effect.

I love good 3D, but hate shaky cam.

3D is the first step towards immersive even interactive halo films

Even in 2D there were scenes in Amazing Spiderman that I felt the need to look down, it has the shaky cam effect.

It wasn't really shaky cam but more how the camera was always focused on Spider-Man when he was doing flips and spins around the enemies. I felt it a little too.

yeah, I knew it wasn't shaky cam but that was the first time I got bothered other than shaky cam.

I just looked at the film's RT page. I found myself surprised to agree with some of the negative comments there. I have a strong feeling this rating is going to drop over the next week.

I have to add something. After I learned about today's tragic incident, some parts of the film feel very disturbing indeed.

Not that my viewing experience matters in this case (before you accuse me of being cynical). It's merely a disturbing parallel going on. Unfortunately.

Karol

Without getting into any spoilers at all, how was Anne Hathaway in the film? Was her acting good, and does she get to be sexy? I find most of Nolan's films lack any real sexiness.

Jason just her presence alone is sexier than Maggie Gylenmelancoly.

I have to add something. After I learned about today's tragic incident, some parts of the film feel very disturbing indeed.

Not that my viewing experience matters in this case (before you accuse me of being cynical). It's merely a disturbing parallel going on. Unfortunately.

Karol

I think that may have been the intention with the attack. Horrible.

Without getting into any spoilers at all, how was Anne Hathaway in the film? Was her acting good, and does she get to be sexy? I find most of Nolan's films lack any real sexiness.

She was great! I really liked Anne Hathaway in this film. But I felt she could have been used better, just like Bane. These acting talents aren't utilized as well as they could have been.

And yes, Nolan does try to add sexiness in this film, to a certain degree.

Oh and on another note, I just came up with the word to describe a lot of the film (besides its logical fallacies, disappointing execution, etc). It's underwhelming.

no no no no no.

got tickets for 6.45 tonight.

It's dinner and a movie night.

It's weird, for TDK tragedy probably boosted BO earnings (heath Ledger's death), whereas for TDKR tragedy will probably hurt it. There's some bad mojo around these movies.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a lack of 3D. I normally don't get sick from them, but when I saw Spider-man in IMAX 3D the other day I got one of the worst migraines I've had in a long time.

You puked, didn't you? Admit it, you puked!

I would admit it if I did, but alas I did not. Although I came close, but not during the movie. It was a migraine, I believe I was getting before the movie began. Just made it worse.

Despite having (most likely) the best midnight showing, TDKR is expected to gross at least 165 million for the whole weekend. Avengers grossed over 200 million in the first weekend (obviously boosted by 3D sales).

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/movies/general/view/20120722dark_knight_rises_expected_to_gross_at_least_165_million/srvc=home&position=also

it will be interesting to see if the Bat's numbers this weekend reflect people going that were unwilling last week. What kind of drop off will there be. I doubt the Watch will be any kind of a challenge

Christopher Nolan's films usually have long legs as people tend to see them several times. Like me. I've watched it three times already and there will be more.

Karol

I haven't heard one single reaction yet. Are people going nuts over this film like they did with the previous one?

Also, TDK deliberately bathed in a Heat (Michael Mann) kind of atmospere. Wat is it this time?

Alexandre

A response is divided. The film is huge no one can question its broad and bold intentions, for a mega-blockbuster at least. But no, it isn't nearly as impressive. Almost 3 hours in length, reeeeeeeaaaaaaally heavy on plot. Don't get me wrong it all makes sense, just feels sometimes a bit too much. I like it for what it is. It's a strong conclusion. Oh and there isn't a lot of Batman in it.

But visually it is much more impressive than the previous one.

Karol

It's a strong movie. The opposite of the wise cracking, "it's just a movie guys" Marvel products. However, I'm not sure it's an Alexcremers movie.

It puts all effort it can have into building an impressive story so I'm not sure it is.

But visually it is much more impressive than the previous one.

Agreed. The action direction is stronger and the "white" cinematography very cool. Visually it feels bigger and more spectacular, but at the same time quite tight, avoiding random excess.

I never felt a lack of the Batman.

It's not like I did. The story as conceived makes perfect sense and i would dare anyone to find a more decent conclusion to themes and plot of the trilogy. But the regular audience member wants super-heroics. Not epic tragedies. And from that perspective, it is not a Batman film.

In that case, there's no need to change my signature.

No, it still fits perfectly.

Karol