Howard Shore's The Desolation Of Smaug (Hobbit Part 2)

gkgyver

Why not a female voice?

KT Tunstall, Adele, Kylie?

Because we have already had three end credit songs with female voices*?

*Not counting In Dreams.

Bjork would be interesting

I would prefer a vocalist who can sing. Besides Emiliana Torrini did her best impression of Björk in TTT.

Just watched the more recent trailer, which I missed for whatever reason... and... I kind of thought to myself.... quite shyly... it might not be a good film... but... maybe... it'll be more fun... than the previous one.

Karol

Why not Doug Adams? I've heard he's got a great singing voice. And he should be rewarded after all those years analyzing these scores!

I thought Doug played percussion! Perhaps a full 10 minute timpani solo for Doug!

Bjork would be interesting

I would prefer a vocalist who can sing.

You must be crazy! She is a fantastic singer.

Only in the upside down land that is the Netherlands she is!

Why not Doug Adams? I've heard he's got a great singing voice. And he should be rewarded after all those years analyzing these scores!

I thought Doug played percussion! Perhaps a full 10 minute timpani solo for Doug!

Let's start a petition! :D

Karol

Sure, Björk has had all her hits, awards and international acclaim only in The Netherlands!

That is largely the world's problem! I can't help it if the standards for singers are so low around the world (yes I decided to insult the entire world while I am at it!).

DO YOU HEAR THAT? F*** YOU, WORLD!

YEAH! HEAR ME ROAR! :stick:

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud.jpg

Let's start a petition! :D

Karol

Yeah! For Doug & Timpani!

Pope could provide the "Ya-ya-ya-ya"s.

I still think Neil Finn should do the new song with the Erebor Theme as the chorus:

Ya-yaa

Ya-yaa ya-yaa

Ya-yaa ya-yaaaaaa!

Only in the upside down land that is Netherlands I presume!

And in my neighborhood too, which is also Shore's!

Besides, just listen to her talk about the inner workings of a cathode-ray television.

Brilliant!

She has always had the way with words.

Can't we just agree on one huge YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! on the Horns Of Doom? It's hip, and it's all the ADS will remember as chorus anyway.

Jesus ...

No just Björk. Honestly you should know the difference!

I know the difference.

Nobody would have had an ounce of respect for a guy named Björk turning water into wine.

Can't we just agree on one huge YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! on the Horns Of Doom? It's hip, and it's all the ADS will remember as chorus anyway.

I think it would be very sweetly short and much to the point, make a statement about the current film music slump and appeal to the masses at the same time. I am like totally behind this, like totally! So cool and epic!

Jesus ...

Indeed, Björk has had a far more successful music career then Jesus.

Mikko, can I ask. Is having no taste for pop music a Finnish thing? First Pasi, now you?

Jesus ...

Indeed, Björk has had a far more successful music career then Jesus.

Mikko, can I ask. Is having no taste for pop music a Finnish thing? First Pasi, now you?

I don't think Finnish people in general are actually averse to pop music. It just happens that I and Pasi are. So we do not project the right statistical image of our people as a whole I am afraid. :P

Can we all agree on a D in unison across 6 octaves?

Goes without saying really. Isn't that the basic UJam formula certain composers have been using for years with great success. We can't go wrong with that.

I like the idea of Doug banging away on a timpani while doing the "wailing woman".

I think it'd be a unique, colourful addition to the musical palette of Middle-Earth.

Didn't Doug write a article or something about the Wailing Woman?

Was it called "The Wailing Woman. Who Is She and Why Is She Wailing? - Meditations on Modern Film Music Cliches"?

For a moment I just caught the words "Doug banging away" and "wailing woman" and thought WTF?

ROTFLMAO

Bryn Terfel would be awesome

It certainly would be an interesting choice. Something operatic would not be a bad idea but wouldn't perhaps have the mainstream appeal most soloist choices for the end credit songs have had.

For a moment I just caught the words "Doug banging away" and "wailing woman" and thought WTF?

:lol:

This thread has gone bananas!

tumblr_lzhj8wRp921r5frxco1_500.gif

We got there about 20 pages ago...

I don't think Finnish people in general are actually averse to pop music. It just happens that I and Pasi are. So we do not project the right statistical image of our people as a whole I am afraid. :P

Are you also a fan of the Sauna, and home-brewed booze?

Do you have golden locks?

Are you also a fan of the Sauna, and home-brewed booze?

Do you have golden locks?

I am the truly exceptional exception of a Finnish person who doesn't consume alcohol at all and hence does not make home-brewed booze. Sauna is not an absolute necessity for me either.

Nor do I have golden locks. That is more of a Swedish thing anyway.

Didn't Doug write a article or something about the Wailing Woman?

Was it called "The Wailing Woman. Who Is She and Why Is She Wailing? - Meditations on Modern Film Music Cliches"?

I guess.

This thread has gone bananas! tumblr_lzhj8wRp921r5frxco1_500.gif

I bet it's only half as bananas as the events unfolding in NZ at this point in production. Time to hand the score to the editors.

I bet it's only half as bananas as the events unfolding in NZ at this point in production. Time to hand the score to the editors.

I wonder if PJ will deliver the film once again at the absolute last minute as is his wont.

Deep in his fortress at Santa Monica, Hans Zimmer and his crew hold the DOS score as we speak...

I wonder if PJ will deliver the film once again at the absolute last minute as is his wont.

I read that last half-sentence "and at its worst".

Now there's a Freudian moment.

Concealed within his fortress, the lord of Remote Control Productions sees all. His influence pierces comic book movies, crime dramas, scifi thrillers, and... fantasies.

He is gathering all sound to him. Very soon he will have summoned an army great enough to launch an assault upon Middle-Earth.