Upcoming Films

Quintus

I like the poster too, but I'm waiting for this to turn out like Alice in Wonderland did.

• 2 weeks later...

so marvel thinks Guardians of the Galaxy will be a huge boxoffice success.

Hmmmm.

I think they are wrong.

The first teaser was weirdly intriguing. This official trailer makes it seem much more like a conventional film, one that is driven by dialog, story and all kinds of characters. I'm still gonna watch it, of course.

Marvel's second 2014 picture – which has been announced but kept secret for the past year or two – is none other than the long-rumored (and -debated) Guardians of the Galaxy.

guardians.jpg?1340909242

Alex

The first teaser was weirdly intriguing. This official trailer makes it seem much more like a conventional film, one that is driven by dialog, story and all kinds of characters. I'm still gonna watch it, of course.

Actually, Alex, I find it very intriguing visually as well. Don't you?

Karol

Actually, Alex, I find it very intriguing visually as well. Don't you?

Karol

It could be compactness of the trailer, but like I said, the visuals only seem to serve the plot and the characters, while in the first teaser, it felt like the visuals had the upper hand. I'm a little bit surprised about the talkativeness of the movie.

it's looks stupid as hell. definately for kids with OCD, or HDD.

Guardians is basically Green Lanterns for the Marvel verse. There was an episode of the animated Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes which featured them and did a good job portraying the characters. A good twenty minute intro for anyone to see if they'd be interested in the movie.

Oooh. And Green Lantern was such a box office success for the DC universe, how could this one lose?

well it has a gun toting skunk thing, she hulk, a bug from the series Star Trek Enterprise, and the blue guy from watchman so how can it?

Why is the blue/white guy, who looks nothing like the blue guy from Watchmen, holding Captain America's shield? Did he kill him for it? Maybe this gang is really rough, tough and dangerous.

Alex

Apparently, it's set in the far future, namely, the 31th century. That could explain why the shield is still around but Captain America is not. All the old superheroes have died.

406px-Gotg_main.JPG

Why is the blue/white guy, who looks nothing like the blue guy from Watchmen, holding Captain America's shield? Did he kill him for it? Maybe this gang is really rough, tough and dangerous.

Alex

he's gotten ashy over the years and develop vitiligo.

They'll probably "present" Thanos in this one.

That's the idea I gather. They're saying he may not even be in Avengers 2 and they may wait til the third anyway at this point so seeing him in this movie would probably be a good appetizer.

The future of the film seems to be very dark. Endless remakings, reboots, beginnings etc of the superheros. all scored by zimmer.

Yea those four chords like in Inception. Ok I saw newest Bat movie today, his theme had only two chords but an ingenious crescendo towards

that second note of this theme. If the future is bright there will certainly be three chords.

The future of the film seems to be very dark. Endless remakings, reboots, beginnings etc of the superheros.

This has been going on for decades. Something people never can seem to grasp. Film is as great as ever, it's just different.

Ok, but can you deep from your heart say that also the film music is doing fine. That this is the highest point of evolution of film music we have reached: zimmer?

Film is as great as ever, it's just different.

Nope. Film is in particular all the same, it's different than it was 30 years ago but now it has harmonized. No room for personal takes. Money.

And very bland music that least of all, takes any risks. zimmer.

a) Does Zimmer score every film currently released and re-score those that may already be in your collection?

b) Have Zimmer and his colleagues put Silvestri, Horner, Arnold, Williams, and other traditional film composers completely out of work?

c) Might any former Zimmer collaborators show signs of advancing towards a more traditional, less electronic and rock-based sound?

If you answer yes to all of these questions without reservation, then the sky isn't falling, it's already fallen and we may as well pour molten bronze into our ear canals before it's too late.

:rolleyes:

Ok, but can you deep from your heart say that also the film music is doing fine. That this is the highest point of evolution of film music we have reached: zimmer?

Film is as great as ever, it's just different.

Nope. Film is in particular all the same, it's different than it was 30 years ago but now it has harmonized. No room for personal takes. Money.

And very bland music that least of all, takes any risks. zimmer.

Yes, film music is doing great.

Ok maybe it is.

But I have to go back to zimmer, is it wise to bring those three chord pieces to the film music? It is cool

in the rock music, it's simple, girls will throw their pants and money flows. But with the big orchestra you can do so much more.

Nuances. Now it sounded like it's all the same these scores would be played with the synth, no one'll hear the difference.

I saw the Bat 3 today, I'm freshly appalled!

And mostly I'm sad.

I guess that Oldboy remake with Spike Lee behind the camera wasn't a rumor.

Not only will that be awful, but Copley says they're making the story more accessible to people than it originally was. In other words, Americans are too lazy to read subtitles and need an entire film remade in order to go out of their way to see it.