What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

The Game of Thrones theme is one of TVs greatest; shame about the underscore.

Yep.

You timed it?!

About Fargo, I love the musical warning of the villain approaching. Very Morricone-esque. I forgot what instrument it is. It's a very unusual instrument to use for drama.

Alex

Oh he doesn't like that gameshow either?

No, like you, he's an CBS guy. I happen to think that it's those shows that are stupid but apparently we are all different.

p8130405_b_v7_ad_zpszvwhvrbl.jpg

God!

To each his own!

Alexandre

The music at the beginning sounds like the harbinger of the apocalypse! Which it is, for that small town and its little people. Fantastic.

The music, like everything else in the show seems to capture the essence and the tone of the film without feeling redundant.

Fanmade version of a trailer for the new Supergirl series on CBS scored with Jerry Goldsmith's 1984 film music for the movie of the same name:

Oh wait a difference it makes when a trailer features great music (like it used to be).

And boy what a theme... is this Jerry's most bold and heroic theme ever? It must be. :up:

I'd argue that Robert's theme from Lionheart is his most bold and heroic theme not made for a superhero.

No music like that for superheroes these days. Not realistic or relatable enough.

Themes that last for minutes are way too long (and dull) for the attention deficit younger generation anyway.

Who is talking rubbish? You don't even know what we are talking about.

Shall I explain it so that you can follow the conversation?

Hello?

All quiet on the Steef front?

It's not about the quality. It's about that long TV themes can be popular, Steef. The theme of GOT is probably the most popular TV theme of the decade. AND IT'S LONG!

Jerry 'Supergirl' Goldsmith vs. Ramin 'Game of Thrones' Jawadi

Round 1.

Both contestants seem to be at the ready.

Jerry swings at Ramin which is downed by a serious blow to the head.

10 seconds in the match is over.

All hail the mighty victor Supergirl.

We discussed it in the blu Ray thread. The new HD versions were already on Netflix beforehand.

I...don't know!

First two eps. Interesting, if quite clunky.

The actors need to find their characters a bit and the direction and editing doesn't always work. There are a few moments during fight scenes where a character actually seems to be waiting for the other person to do their bit before striking.

The premise is interesting though, and the half seriousl/half mocking tone is just right for the material.

There was already a 1992 movie of this is while this series isn't a sequel to it, it does sort of acknowledge its excistence by not retreading its origin story. Buffy is already a slayer here.