The Force Awakens at Comic Con - Williams introduces special concert

Balahkay

Since 2005 we've had videos of him from years ago where he sounded "weak" and we thought he was ill

anyways maybe he's tired from the Episode 7 scoring process

Judging from his complete lack of enthusiasm in that introduction, backing out of Spielberg's Cold War Drama and William Ross conducting, I'm now expecting Williams On Autopilot® for TFA.

Does anyone recognise the piano music at the start of the new behind-the-scenes video?

Seems directly lifted from an Apple commercial. Not fitting the SW behind the scenes video, at all.

Judging from his complete lack of enthusiasm in that introduction, backing out of Spielberg's Cold War Drama and William Ross conducting, I'm now expecting Williams On Autopilot® for TFA.

Atta boy! Keep that enthusiasm!

Since 2005 we've had videos of him from years ago where he sounded "weak" and we thought he was ill

anyways maybe he's tired from the Episode 7 scoring process

Williams on autopilot is still vastly superior to most film music these days anyway. I don't expect anything particularly "original" for TFA, I just can't wait to hear some good ol' JW kick-ass action cues.

He seems to be putting A LOT of effort into it

He's been working on it since the beginning of the year, recorded music for the trailers, cancelled a Spielberg project for it, recording over a period of SEVERAL MONTHS...

He may have started last October, but maybe that was just for the first teaser. In any case, I'd rather hear a JW autopilot score than no JW score at all.

The second trailer music was specifically written to stir up feeling of nostalgia and is based almost entirely on existing music/orchestrations. I believe the only new part is the climbing section at the tail end of the Force theme

I rather enjoyed the music from the first teaser. The second teaser was mostly a rehash of existing material, so meh. I wish they would have let Williams write a 2-3 minute piece and edit the trailer around the music but I understand why not,

This is the first time I have that feeling.

Johnny's voice sounds a bit more tired than usual in the clip, yeah, but I wouldn't jump to any conclusion about his overall health status, though. The man is 83 (going 84 in 7 months) and aging issues can become more visible during a short time-span at his age. Ennio Morricone too aged more quickly in the last 4-5 years and looks frail in some public appearances... but that isn't stopping him from conducting, touring and, above all, writing new music. I'm sure JW is fine as well and he's active as ever.

That being said, it's about time Spielberg finally makes a documentary about his long-standing pal and collaborator... Hurry up, Steve!

Williams probably set aside 6 weeks to write and record Bridge of Spies before that allocation was consumed by health issues. Considering he'd already started TFA, he really had no alternative but pass the baton.

Oh, plus the industry rumour that Williams and Spielberg had an inconsolable argument about recording BoS with the "utterly devoid of versatility" Los Angeles freelance orchestra.

They should have used the LSO, which is more versatile.

I can only imagine how much more versatile their haunting trumpet solos and minimalist tense strings would've been. Obviously Spielberg agreed and couldn't call Newman fast enough.

They should have used the LSO, which is more versatile.

I can only imagine how much more versatile their haunting trumpet solos and minimalist tense strings would've been. Obviously Spielberg agreed and couldn't call Newman fast enough.

Unless it was Newman's plan all along. That fiendish cad!

I believe the only new part is the climbing section at the tail end of the Force theme

Best 10 seconds of new film music this year. I love it, I hope we get this trailer music free of SFX one day

I believe the only new part is the climbing section at the tail end of the Force theme

Best 10 seconds of new film music this year. I love it, I hope we get this trailer music free of SFX one day

Here's an SFX-free mock up, although it's missing the last bit.

Star Wars is intrinsically linked to Williams, and part of the reason this forum exists, no? We don't need a sub-forum. It's the fabric of this forum! It needs to be threaded throughout!

• 2 months later...