BloodBoal

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect.

The only thing I fear for this film is that they replaced the director because she wasn't following the commercial line of the studio. That happens even at Pixar. I hope the result is brilliant anyway, but they already kind of messed up Up. Anyway, I can't wait to see it.

I also hope Doyle writes something great. He can do "beautiful" and the execs at Pixar aren't the execs at Marvel.

Anybody else think that trailer was awful? It was just another cliche and generic fantasy-adventure trailer. I'm sure the film will be good, but man that trailer is horrible.

Anybody else think that trailer was awful? It was just another cliche and generic fantasy-adventure trailer. I'm sure the film will be good, but man that trailer is horrible.

I don't think the trailer is generic at all. Most of the trailers for adventure filsm are different, they tend to spoil the film and annoy with useless fades to black and ridiculous synthy choir noise, and to have ridiculous taglines as well.

This one is great in that it introduces the ambiance of the film, as well as the protagonist and what she's able to do. I also like how the narration ends with the title. It's short, sharp, and epic.

Wow, this looks fantastic. The atmosphere, the characters, the animation, the direction...

Really looking forward to this. And I can't wait to hear that celtic-influenced score!

Could anyone be more appropriate for this than Patrick Doyle?

I'd wager this will be a "hella" score as the kids say these days. Or yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

its strange... it doenst look like pixar

it doesnt mean it's bad or anything, just different to what they usually give us.

So all the complaint about tin tin, comparing it to pixar's artistic direction and it seems this is another photorealistic film with stylised characters :D

So Roald what do you think? :P

mmm:

Mark added: "The performances the actors bring to the part will definitely make it into the characters. You will see Billy Connolly in Fergus, Craig Ferguson in Lord Macintosh and Kevin McKidd in Lord MacGuffin. And Kelly is definitely in Merida.

"You will definitely see all their qualities, just not their faces."

does that mean they motion captured? Pixa always was proud of making al 100% animation. And it was one of their high points :/

BTW...how can you be making a 100% irish movie and call the protagonist like a spanish city! :P unless that is a common irish name and i am epic-fail mistaken

its strange... it doenst look like pixar

it doesnt mean it's bad or anything, just different to what they usually give us.

Pixar have changed their style on occasion. Stylistically, at least in their shorts. And as far as writing and overall direction go, the Brad Bird helmed features were a significant (and brilliant) departure from their usual norm.

Plus I think Doyle can do great things with this.

does that mean they motion captured? Pixa always was proud of making al 100% animation. And it was one of their high points :/

I don't read that as relating to motion capture. I think they just mean that rather than just having some actors voice fully conceived characters, they took the actors' mannerisms and personalities into account when creating the characters. Like the dragon in Dragonheart was consciously modelled after Sean Connery.

BTW...how can you be making a 100% irish movie and call the protagonist like a spanish city! :P unless that is a common irish name and i am epic-fail mistaken

Irish!?

Irish!?

oops. scottish.

things like that spring wars, dont they? :lol:

• 4 months later...

I seriously doubt it's going to be as good as Tintin.

The Pixar films I would say are better than Tintin are the Toy Story trilogy, WALL·E, and maybe Monsters inc and The Incredibles (although I prefer the Tintin ending to the Incredibles ending).

I remember I was excited about WALL·E, which delivered way more than I was hoping. Then I was excited about Up, which disappointed me. Then I was moderately ecited about TS3, which surpassed my expectations. Never seen a Cars film.

Nothing ever looks special in Pixar trailers.

Maybe, but then compared to a rat becoming a chef, to a robot romance or to a floating house, I would say that Brave looks even less special… I hope they won’t lower to doing Middle Age parody à la Shrek.

Never seen a Cars film.

Good. Cars is weak sauce, but Cars 2 is supremely awful. Pixar's first cash-in sequel to a movie that wasn't that loved in the first place.

Brave looks like the return to form. Both trailers look great and sell the magic and comedy aspects well.

I liked the first Cars (even though by their standards it's their weakest), but I got bored of Cars 2, 30 mins in and turned it off.

Unfortunately it's made half a billion dollars anyway (meaning Cars 3 could arrive.. meh).

Brave looks refreshingly different, but I struggle to tell from the trailer exactly what this film's about.

While I enjoyed the first teaser a bit, I must say the recent trailer was pretty bad. It seems like Pixar is trying to rip off the success of Dreamwork's How To Train Your Dragon (which I've always thought was a bit overrated). Seriously, if the film is what the trailer dictates it is....then this will be a huge disappointment.

When I first saw the teaser, I was pretty impressed, but watching the trailer, I can't help but engage in the act of facepalming. Odd considering how its always been Dreamworks taking after Pixar (Antz from A Bug's Life and Shark Tale from Finding Nemo). It seems the tables have turned. A film that looks like it just came out of the Dreamworks factory. The trailer also really tried to force the Braveheart vibe into the trailer.

I don't see the maturity of Finding Nemo, Wall-E or Up that is usually prevalent in Pixar films (with the exception of the ridiculous Cars 2). And being one of the biggest Pixar fans you'll find, it pains to me say that they aren't doing quite so well after Cars 2. I seriously hope I'm wrong and that this film is way better than I make it to be though.

On the other hand, the music in the trailer is original music from Patrick Doyle...and boy is it awesome! I hear a bit of Thor, but definitely in a more epic fashion (with such a great choral force) that will be a lot more appealing than Thor. I can't wait for this score!

- KK

• 3 weeks later...