Fox's Marvel Universe (X-Men, Legion, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, etc)

Jay

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Jay said:

So you think the image from the toy fair is fake?

No, but it's just listed as an anticipated rating.  It think the movie is potentially way too lucrative to be finalized as an R-Rated flick.

17 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Hopefully its success doesn't scare studios away from an R rating anymore. 

Some studio execs will probably figure the movie would make even more moneyif it didnt have the dreaded R rating.

Remember Expendables 3?

Mad Max: Fury Road was probably the most well recieved and well reviewed film of 2015. But it's made less then 380 million worldwide on a budget of 150 million.

If its indeed true that a film has to make back double its budget to recoup costs them it actually didn't make that much of a profit.

Studio suits will wonder if it wouldn't have made 600 million or 900 million if they had toned down the violence.

12 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Some studio execs will probably figure the movie would make even more moneyif it didnt have the dreaded R rating.

Remember Expendables 3?

In this particular situation, I don't think so, as Deadpool's hard rating and vulgarity is why everyone wants to see it.

16 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

In this particular situation, I don't think so, as Deadpool's hard rating and vulgarity is why everyone wants to see it.

Hmmm, I'm not sold that the main reason is just the R-Rating.  I think people responded mostly to the marketing campaign, the idea that the product was a different presentation of a stale genre, along with Reynolds' charisma.  There are other R-Rated flicks over the last few years that either failed or did just okay.  Violence, vulgarity and sex are overhyped in terms of how an audience responds.

Stan Lee:

“If it’s a Marvel movie, I’m there for it,” he said. “Whenever a new movie comes out, I hope they’ll have a spot for me. I get such a kick out of doing it. The fans seem to like it. I’m going to tell you a secret, here’s the reason the movies make so much money: My cameo. A man takes a girl to the movie, right? They’re watching the movie and they bend down to get some popcorn. In so doing, they miss my cameo. Now the movie ends, and they say, ‘My God, we missed Stan’s cameo!’ So what do they do? They run to the box office and buy two more tickets and see it again. That’s why the movies do so well, because of my cameos.”

ROTFLMAO !

http://comicbook.com/2016/02/23/stan-lee-had-one-problem-with-his-deadpool-cameo/

Fox has made some scheduling changes for their Marvel films.

Gambit has been taken off its October 7, 2016 slot, while the studio has scheduled two Untitled Fox / Marvel Film projects for October 6, 2017 and January 12, 2018. (Alien Covenant was moved up from October 2017 to August 4, 2017.)

Pretty sure Deadpool 2 will be in one of those slots.

OK, so Gambit in Oct 2017 and Deadpool 2 in January 2018, then.  Unless they couldn't get a  Deadpool 2 ready until 2019.

31 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Outrageous that The Fantastic Four was snubbed at the Oscars!

But not the Razzies!

7 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Do they even have a lead actor for Gambit? Didn't Channing Tatum left the project for some reason?

No, he's still signed on. It was rumored he would leave, but it was negotiations holding it up. It's still scheduled to shoot this spring, as far as I know.

• 3 weeks later...