GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

25 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I actually remember thinking last year at some point that there wasn't enough Tyrion.  Now I have evidence!  Nice work @Glóin the Dark

Cheers!

20 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Tyrion hasnt fared particularly well after killed his dad and his whore.

Indeed - Season 4 was the high water mark for Tyrion's prominence in the story; just short of three hours of screen time concentrated on his misfortunes...

11 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Yeah, the character has lost his mojo. Like Jorah. They should just kill them now.

JoMo lost his mojo?

7 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

He's on the boat right? Just have someone chuck him overboard in the first few minutes.

No - he was sent off by himself to cure greyscale.

Edit: Oh, wait - did you mean Tyrion?

24 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Tyrion hasnt fared particularly well after killed his dad and his whore.

16 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Yeah, the character has lost his mojo.

He ran out of speeches written by GRRM to give since the show flew past the books!

I don't think this very likely, but I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of a total Lannister wipeout this year.

But more likely Tyrion will survive until the end of the series. Jaime and Cersei, on the other hand...I don't fancy their chances.

This season is Daenerys and Tirion usurping Cercei and Jamie from the Iron Throne, next season is everyone VS White Walkers

7 minutes ago, Glóin the Dark said:

Jaime and Cersei, on the other hand...I don't fancy their chances.

The more I think about it, the more I think Jaime killing Cersei is the only satisfying conclusion to that relationship.

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

Jaime killing Cersei is the only satisfying conclusion to that relationship.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree.

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

This season is Daenerys and Tirion usurping Cercei and Jamie from the Iron Throne...

Maybe. But, then again, maybe not...

If you've read spoilers about the upcoming season, please don't even hint at anything informed by those spoilers.  I've avoided them all

If you meant me then, no, my response wasn't based on any actual knowledge. Just the feeling that Daenerys usurping the throne from Cersei seems so inevitable (given the state of play at the end of Season 6) that there might be something different in store. I don't think that we should take much for granted.

It's a silly hair to split, but they mean that it's the longest season premiere since the 1st season, not the longest episode. Like it matters.  Whatever it takes to generate clicks I suppose.

I watched the trailer.

That hi-tech armour ... was that The Mountain? :crymore:

GoT-S7-T-29-The-Mountain-new-armor.gif

I mean, how you gonna defeat ... that?

A dragon? It'd be like throwing a can of beans into the campfire. 

I think the Hound was revealed to be alive simply to square off against his undead brother one last time. That would complete both character arcs neatly. I hope. 

6 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Oh, OK, I see.

Anyway, yeah, it doesn't matter that much. 5 more minutes than the average episode runtime doesn't make much of a difference.

It matters because it's like more! You know. You get more of everything. Like more GOT is totally better than less GOT.

12 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Everybody is expecting that, ...

Then they will come up with something 'unexpected'. 

9 hours ago, I Need About Tree Fiddy said:

The books will not be finished. 

I'd be surprised if Winds of Winter comes out at all never mind the last one. 

*If* Winds does get released then I think the series will need two more books to finish. 

Unless, of course, the real reason for all this delay is because Martin wants to finish both books first?

Wishful thinking, I know.

Karol

18 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

I watched the trailer.

That hi-tech armour ... was that The Mountain? :crymore:

GoT-S7-T-29-The-Mountain-new-armor.gif

I mean, how you gonna defeat ... that?

In a surprise move it is the undead Mountain who survives this whole war. Alone.

15 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

And then he'll be known as The Lonely Mountain.

giphy.gif

And Neil Finn will write him a Song of the Lonely Mountain!

There's a lot of fluff and avoiding concrete answers in that interviews, but here's some nuggets:

- Although it has been reported HBO is developing "four prequel series", that doesn't necessarily mean four new series will happen soon or even at all. According to HBO programming president Casey Bloys, expanding the world of Game of Thrones is "a long-term plan". We also won't see any prequel show until well after season 8 of GoT has concluded. HBO wants to give Game of Thrones its proper sendoff first.
- Dan Weiss and David Benioff will not be involved with the prequel series in any way. They will not even receive some sort of credit. This is by their own request, as they feel "if their name is on the prequels — even in a passive way — it conveys some sort of expectation or responsibility. They want to enjoy the show as fans and don’t want to worry about the scripts or production issues," says Bloys.

- There is no set release date for Game of Thrones' eighth and final season yet. The season has to be written and production has to be scheduled before there can be talk of a release date. EW's interviewer suggested 2018 and/or 2019, which was neither denied nor confirmed.

- George R. R. Martin will be reading all prequel pilots' scripts and weighing in, but his involvement in the series may vary from show to show.

- We will not be seeing any of Game of Thrones' original cast in any of the prequels.