Sony Classical's Phantom Menace 3D soundtrack CD

Jay

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i was a new/young fan i would buy it... since i wouldnt own it...

But heck i was a young fan in 1997, and i bought the SE sets! at their price.

So it would still work today...

Every fan always misses music from the film in a 1 CD OST.

"ZOMG DIS IS DA BEST ABLUM EVA! DEUL O TEH FAETS WITH SOUNDS IS EPIC! **** DA HATERZ!"

I think that about sums up what I expect to see in response from idiots who think this is worth spending money on.

I too doubt there will be any remastering involved. I bet it'll be the EXACT same soundtrack that's still out there just with a different cover and a craptacular "bonus" track.

Considering the 3D SW movies will be released over the next few years, the fresh release of these unexpanded soundtracks pretty much seals the deal that we won't get 2 c.d. sets for a loooong time

I've just learned that the Phantom Menace OST re-issue will NOT simply be the original 17 track OST. That's right, it will feature a bonus track at the end!

Can anybody here POSSIBLY guess what it is??

Seriously? I think you are pulling our legs.

Well I guess you'll have to wait and see. But this source was 100% correct about everything relating to the TIntin and War Horse OSTs.

Well I guess you'll have to wait and see. But this source was 100% correct about everything relating to the TIntin and War Horse OSTs.

Now I am depressed.

Considering the 3D SW movies will be released over the next few years, the fresh release of these unexpanded soundtracks pretty much seals the deal that we won't get 2 c.d. sets for a loooong time

Uh have you not been keeping up on the news regarding these? If The Phantom Menace 3D does NOT do well in theaters they're not going to bother with the others. So don't kid yourself.

If the dialogue on the bonus track is in 3D, I will consider buying it.

In god's name, why? The "dialogue version" is the last track on the half-assed "Ultimate Edition" set. I assume you have that...

he was sarcastic, look at the '3d' thing...

Uh have you not been keeping up on the news regarding these? If The Phantom Menace 3D does NOT do well in theaters they're not going to bother with the others. So don't kid yourself.

sadly im sure it will make more money than tintin and war horse together...

I wonder what the bonus tracks for the OT would be, Imperial March dialogue version? Leia's theme Dialogue Version? Jabba's Theme Dialogue Version!?!? Gangsta Rap dialogue version!?!?!?

I wonder if it will be remixed/remastered or tweaked or anything?

Seems it is not remastered at all.

http://www.sonymusic.de/John-Williams/Star-Wars-Episode-I-The-Phantom-Menace-3d-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/P/1169630

Ok, the quality of the samples are not the best but it sounds like the same quality from the original OST.

Hold on...didn't they release the whole thing on a two CD super duper release, why another one???

The two CD super duper release was mostly just the isolated audio track of the movie pressed to an album. The amount of loops, edits, repeated sections, and unreleased material infuriated many fans, who had no problem expressing their anger to the record company at releasing such a mediocre product marketed as the end-all-be-all.

I personally couldn't stand the large number of short tracks, because of the limitations of CD players at the time, but that's easy to fix when the album is ripped.

fair enough, I personally thought it was a good release that sounded better than the original. I have to say, I'm not a purist (and please, I mean this on the most respectful way for those who are) and I thought the release was pretty good. I did hear the edits you mentioned though. But didn't infuriated me

I was probably mad at the time, but I don't send letters to companies or politicians to whine. It's been so long that I have just accepted the situation as the way it is.

There have been two previous releases of the soundtrack to The Phantom Menace: the single disc OST and the two-disc Ultimate Edition. We have been discussing the Ultimate Edition.

The upcoming single-disc release, for the 3D tie-in, is essentially a repackaging of the original OST with an additional track tacked on - Duel of the Fates with dialogue and sound effects. It is probably the same track that was tacked onto the end of the UE.

I will not be buying the new album.

Best thing we can hope for at this point is that this simply replaces the original soundtrack, which will go OOP. Ultimate eventually goes OOP and we get a new complete version, or at least an Anthology style set collecting the prequels.

Seems it is not remastered at all. http://www.sonymusic...track/P/1169630 Ok, the quality of the samples are not the best but it sounds like the same quality from the original OST.

TPM is a modern, digital recording. What's to remaster? Sure, you can always remix and fiddle with the sound, but it doesn't matter much.

Best thing we can hope for at this point is...at least an Anthology style set collecting the prequels.

It's inevitable. It will eventually happen. It'll probably be more in the vein of the Concord Indy box than the Anthology. The question is how many decades away it is.

There have been two previous releases of the soundtrack to The Phantom Menace: the single disc OST and the two-disc Ultimate Edition. We have been discussing the Ultimate Edition.

The upcoming single-disc release, for the 3D tie-in, is essentially a repackaging of the original OST with an additional track tacked on - Duel of the Fates with dialogue and sound effects. It is probably the same track that was tacked onto the end of the UE.

I will not be buying the new album.

I'm with you on this

Indeed, that's just something people are imagining. The volume is just very high and that's why people think it sounds more crisp than the ost.

Seems it is not remastered at all. http://www.sonymusic...track/P/1169630 Ok, the quality of the samples are not the best but it sounds like the same quality from the original OST.

TPM is a modern, digital recording. What's to remaster? Sure, you can always remix and fiddle with the sound, but it doesn't matter much.

TPM may be a modern, digital recording, but recording techniques have changed since TPM was recorded. Compared to some more recent soundtracks, and dare I say it, TPM sounds strangely muted and filtered (as do AOTC and ROTS, and my own edits remaster them to sound clearer). As a matter of fact, the OT Anthology is clearer, and that's an older set from far older scores.

Well the UE sounds crisper to me than the OST

Well the UE sounds crisper to me than the OST

I can't hear a difference and my ears are very sensitive.

There are differences in the mastering. For instance, compare Disc 2 of the UE "27 - The Death of Qui-Gon and the Surrender of the Gunguns" to the OST track "15 Qui-Gon's Noble End". The UE is undeinably clearer, not just louder. The album also has more convolution reverb than the UE does.