Is Williams conducting The Force Awakens?

natedog

It's weird we haven't had a single report this summer yet. I hope no "bad news" awaits us regarding this score

The scoring sessions spanning several months, was that an actual requirement of the film or Abrams accomodating JW because he needs more time for some reason?

It's weird we haven't had a single report this summer yet. I hope no "bad news" awaits us regarding this score

I don't think so. At the recent Comic-Con, JW said he was "hard at work" on the TFA score.

They've been very hush, hush about the score, but I'm not surprised. Most of the information we've gotten about the score and sessions has been through unofficial sources (not Disney or Lucasfilm).

IIRC, didn't Williams mention something about keeping up with Abrams during the process? I'm assuming he was talking about Abrams' filmmaking methods. If so, then Williams probably knew the recording sessions would be over several months well in advance.

There were the scoring session photos and a (probably true) report on the score details from Making Star Wars. It's not a complete dry-spell.

The funny thing is that there's been more revealed about these scoring sessions than any random other score recording at anytime, yet people still demand more because it's Star Wars and Williams :)