Marvel / Netflix : Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist (The Defenders)

Jay

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Weird, that one won't play for me either. Sometimes random youtube videos don't play when I'm at work. I'll have to remember to check it out when I get home.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this has a potential to be really decent. Feels like Frank Miller's take on Daredevil. Hopefully, the show will be more adult-oriented.

Karol

• 2 weeks later...

Since Daredevil takes place in the MCU, I would like to see Kingpin from the Netflix series in the upcoming Spider-man film. Since they'll begin the next one in medias res with the character (no back story), and since Daredevil will have already had a couple of seasons by then, they won't have to worry about origin stories for anyone and get right down to business.

I feel like they will have Spider-man fight more super-powered villains rather than crime boss type villains

So you expect everyone to watch the show before seeing the movie?

You don't need a heavy back story for that character in general. You can introduce him as an already established crime boss very easily.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally watched the trailer for this (on the second page) - it looks pretty good, I'll probably check it out. Seems more compelling than Agents of SHIELD. Hard to picture Charlie Cox as not the Boardwalk Empire of Stardust guy though

Finally a real trailer showing all the characters and what the first season will be like

Scott Glenn is great, too bad he's only gonna be in one episode

Odd to see Jessica from True Blood in another role

The new Foggy ain't no Favreau!

I'm actually excited for this now; Looks like a good show

Did you watch the Trailer 3 in the post before? Actually makes the show look pretty decent

Did you watch the Trailer 3 in the post before? Actually makes the show look pretty decent

Meh.

And a review is up for the first five episodes

This is a hard PG-13 (bordering on R-rated) Daredevil, with smatterings of profanity and near-nudity, and a level of blood and gore previously unseen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Nearly every episode builds to a brutal action set piece, with either the masked Matt or some criminal lackey beating the snot of an adversary, in sequences choreographed and shot for maximum visceral impact.

Wow!