GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

The children with knives in the sewer? The big explosion that wipes out all Sparrows at once? What do you mean, Steef? None of these 'events' have impressed me that much, especially not the big explosion. However, the very idea of that Sparrow nun being a sex toy to The Mountain ... Holy frack! Shame! Shame!

The entire reason The Viper showed up at King's Landing is season 3 is because he wanted revenge against The Mountain for raping and murder his sister after he murdered all their children in front of her.

50 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

However, the very idea of that Sparrow nun being a sex toy to The Mountain ... Holy frack! Shame! Shame!

Well it's important to know that reanimated flesh can still want what the flesh wants. Bodes well if the new King of the North wants to get it on, even though his return to life was more humanizing than Ser Gregor. 

On 11/30/2016 at 3:01 AM, Bilbo Skywalker said:

It's never coming out and he's missed out on serious sales by letting the TV show finish first. 

Bullshit. This book will be a huge best seller because a lot of the book fans don't even watch the show.  Compared to the books Season 5 and 6 sucked. 

No, I meant what I typed.  Theon is treated like a Stark (not in all ways of course), growing up with them since he was a child, admittedly perhaps moreso in the books (or in my case, the graphic novel I read) than the show perhaps

I guess. Though being held hostage as a ward isn't quite the same as being a Stark. But you're right, he was largely raised by them, with many of the same rights and privileges.

• 5 weeks later...

DUTCH ACTOR MICHIEL HUISMAN NAMED MOST HANDSOME FACE OF 2016

Dutch actor Michiel Huisman, known for his portrayal of Daario Naharis in Game of Thrones, was named te Most Handsome Face of 2016 by video platform TC Candler. 

http://nltimes.nl/2017/01/05/dutch-actor-michiel-huisman-named-handsome-face-2016

Game of Thrones spending just as long making fewer episodes

The HBO drama typically films 10-episode seasons from July to December. The current production is running from September to February to make seven episodes for this summer. So, the GoT team is still spending roughly five months to film the episodes despite producing fewer hours.

HBO Executive Offers Game Of Thrones Spinoff Update

“All I can say is that we’re exploring it. We don’t have any scripts, we’re not even close to saying ‘Oh let’s do this.’ But it’s a big enough property that we would be foolish not to explore it,” he told Variety. “It’s a really rich world. We’d be foolish not to look at it.”

I think that the speculation about the precise number of episodes remaining is somewhat redundant. A more significant issue is what the remaining running time will be. Working out how to divide that time up into episodes might well be one of the issues holding up an official announcement. I'd be surprised if there isn't at least one "feature length" episode (an hour and a half, or longer) from the next two series. I'd also expect the average running time of the episodes from Seasons 7 and 8 to be a tad higher than those of the preceding seasons, since Benioff and Weiss included that among the benefits of having fewer episodes.