INTRADA RECORDS - Massive Sale!! Buy now!!

Jay

This was announced by Doug yesterday and mentioned in the Intrada thread, but I wanted to draw extra attention to it

Intrada is currently having a sale where EVERY title in their ENTIRE collection (apart from titles on the Intrada/Disney line, unfortunately) are on sale for 30% off their normal price. You can ONLY take advantage of this offer on Intrada.com, this doesn't transfer to Screen Archives or their Amazon storefront or anywhere else. And it doesn't cover titles by other labels that they sell on their site.

Here's a handy link to jump right to what's on sale:

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/sc.16/category.22850/.f

Don't bother clicking "Disney / Intrada", cause those aren't on sale, and "Signature Edition" only has one title that hasn't gone out of print yet, but "Main Catalog", "Special Collection" and "Excalibur Collection" have tons stuff on sale.

Most of their titles are usually $20 so those are all $14, their two-disc sets will be $17.50 or $21 depending on if it was $25 or $30 originally, etc.

Good chance to pick up some of those titles you've been meaning to pick up some day!

The sale began today and ends on Monday, August 4th (they have new titles coming out Tuesday August 5th)

I have bought all of my must-haves from Intrada already (wish I had waited an extra week on the new Bill and Ted release, but one never knows), but the lower prices have piqued my interest in their Star Trek expansions and Alien. May have to jump onboard, just because those are scores I know I "should" have, despite having no (Star Trek) or little (Alien) interest in the films themselves.

Shame the sale doesn't apply to the Disney albums; I would have picked up all of the ones I don't already have

I just placed an order for 15 titles in their Special Collection line that I had not yet picked up!

Ordered three old Jerry's

Shock Treatment / Fate Is a Hunter
Seven Days In May
Von Ryan's Express / The Detective
Three new Jerry's
Psycho II
Night Crossing
Deep Rising
Three Horner's
48 Hours
Clear and Present Danger
Cocoon
Two Silvestri's and a Debney
Fandango
Blown Away
Hocus Pocus
And finally three classics I didn't have yet
Falling Down
The Hunt For Red October
Clash Of The Titans

All of them were $14 each, except Clear and Present Danger was $17.50 and Clash was $21

Ohhh!! you must be rich! :mrgreen:

(By the way, Falling Down is considered a classic? :sarcasm: Saw the film some weeks ago and i don't remember anything of the music..)

I would like to buy 3 soundtracks (Conan, Predator, First Blood) but i've spent my money on Blurays.

Well I was moderate as a Moderator should be and picked up only three classic Goldsmith scores:

The Wind and the Lion

The Great Train Robbery

Patton

I was going to buy them all eventually anyway, might as well now when they are $14 rather than one day suddenly finding out they are going OOP and having to pay $20 or more. I missed out on White Fang, King Kong Lives, and Elfman's Planet of the Apes that way.

The whole order was only $240ish.

(By the way, Falling Down is considered a classic?

Probably not, it just fit into my grouping that way :P

ALIEN (2 CD SET) 1 Intrada 7102 $20.99 $20.99 WIND AND THE LION (2 CD SET) 1 Intrada 7101 $17.49 $17.49 NIGHT CROSSING 1 Intrada Volume 280 $13.99 $13.99 COCOON 1 Intrada Volume 260 $13.99 $13.99

Let's see if it dodges customs.

(By the way, Falling Down is considered a classic? :sarcasm: Saw the film some weeks ago and i don't remember anything of the music..)

It's arguably Joel Schumacher's best film (most underrated one in any case) so it's a classic but not in the classic sense, if that makes sense. :mrgreen:

I love that film and the score works very well in it. You sure you don't even remember the soft sweet theme for the relationship of D-fens with his wife / daughter? Wonderful release, JHN was at the top of his game during the 90s.

I added every CD of theirs that I want but have yet to buy and it totals up to $270. Help me shave it down to $100:

Alien

Clash Of The Titans

Conan The Barbarian

Deep Rising

High Plains Drifter

Inchon

Joe Kidd

Meteor

Night Crossing

Predator

Rambo III

Rio Conchos

The Sand Pebbles

Sebastian

Star Trek IV

Star Trek VI

The Wind And The Lion

Alien, Conan The Barbarian, and Predator might be obvious strikethroughs for me. Brother owned Alien but I have a really old rip of it in like 160 or something, plus it would be nice to add to my own collection. Own the Tadlow Conan, and their previous edition of Predator.

If you have the previous Predator you don't really need the new one.

Alien is a must own. One of the best sets in my collection. Love Matessino's liner notes.

I'd for sure get Night Crossing and Deep Rising cause they are limiteds and not MAFs like the others on your list.

Don't bother with ST4 or 6. Not your cup of tea.

Well the Horner and Giacchino Treks are great but yea the other non Goldsmith Treks don't don't much for me.

I've whittled it down to these, for a total of $105:

Alien

Deep Rising

High Plains Drifter

Inchon

Joe Kidd

Night Crossing

Rio Conchos

Not bad, eh? Christ, how many films did Goldsmith score? Can we expect a surge of expansions and reissues like this once Johnny passes?

My order shipped!

Dear Jason LeBlanc,

Thank you for shopping at Intrada. 

Your order no. XXX-XXXXXXXX has been fulfilled.

Order Summary: 

Item Qty Description Rate Amount
HOCUS POCUS 1 Intrada Volume 254 $13.99 $13.99
DEEP RISING 1 Intrada Volume 278 $13.99 $13.99
NIGHT CROSSING 1 Intrada Volume 280 $13.99 $13.99
PSYCHO II 1 Intrada Volume 273 $13.99 $13.99
SEVEN DAYS IN MAY / THE MACKINTOSH MAN 1 Intrada Volume 235 $13.99 $13.99
SHOCK TREATMENT / FATE IS THE HUNTER 1 Intrada Volume 237 $13.99 $13.99
VON RYAN'S EXPRESS / THE DETECTIVE 1 Intrada Volume 232 $13.99 $13.99
48 HRS. 1 Intrada Volume 155 $13.99 $13.99
CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER (2CD) 1 Intrada Volume 247 $17.49 $17.49
COCOON 1 Intrada Volume 260 $13.99 $13.99
FALLING DOWN 1 Intrada Volume 265 $13.99 $13.99
HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER, THE 1 Intrada Volume 257 $13.99 $13.99
BLOWN AWAY 1 Intrada Volume 264 $13.99 $13.99
FANDANGO 1 Intrada Volume 249 $13.99 $13.99
CLASH OF THE TITANS (2 CD) 1 Intrada Volume 150 $20.99 $20.99
Total $220.35

Tracking numbers:

And that update serves what point, exactly? Same with people posting order numbers at FSM...what use is it to anyone, including the poster, to inform THE WORLD about this kind of stuff?

No one at FSM ever cared to explain it, so I'm guessing there is neither rhyme nor reason to it.

Or, as the horse said: "As you know, people!"

Well, there's a difference between an intellectual discussion of music (or movies, or politics, or food etc.) and posting lists of XYZ. The lacking point in this case is that JLB had already posted what he had bought. How does posting the shipping notice that repeats all 15 CDs he's bought contribute to any kind of discussion, I wonder? He should have given us the tracking number, because I always find it entertaining to see where my stuff currently is and how long it takes a CD from, say, southern Georgia to get to Wyoming. (Answer: just two days.)

Well, there's a difference between an intellectual discussion of music (or movies, or politics, or food etc.) and posting lists of XYZ. The lacking point in this case is that JLB had already posted what he had bought. How does posting the shipping notice that repeats all 15 CDs he's bought contribute to any kind of discussion, I wonder? He should have given us the tracking number, because I always find it entertaining to see where my stuff currently is and how long it takes a CD from, say, southern Georgia to get to Wyoming. (Answer: just two days.)

When someone is happy and excited about something, he wants to share it with the world.

Especially, if in the place he shares it with, there are people with similar interests.

I mean, if i told any of my family members or friends that I bought this and that, that I saw the X Blu-ray and it was gorgeous, noone would care less!

People also do it in a Bluray forum I'm in.

This serves another purpose too:

We learn about shops and their habits, how soon they ship their prodcuts, if there is a problem with transactions and stuff.

I like seeing other peoples lists and comparing it to my own. In fact, here's what I ordered. Came to about $110 shipped. This sale was a great way to get caught up. Although it's pretty shocking to go to my account on Intrada, and see the total of what I've spent there over the last several years.

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

Night Crossing

Cocoon

Hoosiers

Young Sherlock Holmes (2CD)

Buck Rogers - Season One (3CD)

I couldn't possibly buy new music in that sort of quantity :)

Out of that list, I purchased Falling Down and Blown Away when they came out. Price isn't the factor for me; it's whether I want them or not.

I remembered that both Broughton's Silverado and Tombstone were released by Intrada so I had to place another order. To complete the Western trilogy of my order I bundled them with non-sale LLL release of Wyatt Earp by JNH. :)

I'm not familiar enough with Silverado, but I did buy the obligatory Night Crossing, along with Observations and the Rozsa chorus album. I also tacked STID onto the order to save on shipping; it can arrive whenever, as the footwarmer only climbed onto my iPod last week and I'm only halfway through.

I'm not familiar enough with Silverado, but I did buy the obligatory Night Crossing, along with Observations and the Rozsa chorus album. I also tacked STID onto the order to save on shipping; it can arrive whenever, as the footwarmer only climbed onto my iPod last week and I'm only halfway through.

Silverado is vintage old fashioned Bernstein/Copland style Western scoring with a killer main theme and some hints of John Williams thrown into the mix.

I can't really get into western music at all. Some of them are really great, but rarely can I listen to anything like this from start to finish. Both Broughton scores are probably one of the better ones.

Karol

Never could get into Silverado myself. The themes are splendid, but a bit too much filler during those 80 minutes.

Tombstone is much better.

Yes I have to agree that Silverado has somewhat more filler than Tombstone but the main themes are a joy. I think Silverado works slightly better *gasp* in its OST form.

I can't really get into western music at all. Some of them are really great, but rarely can I listen to anything like this from start to finish. Both Broughton scores are probably one of the better ones.

Karol

I like the Copland-esque Westerns much more than I do the Morricone school ones with few exceptions.

Never could get into Silverado myself. The themes are splendid, but a bit too much filler during those 80 minutes.

The end credits suite alone is easily worth the price of the album though.

I'm gonna have to place a second order of MAF (Unlimited) titles I think.... the bargain is too good to pass up.

My order finally shipped.

My first order shipped last Friday but I am still waiting for the second one to ship.

EDIT: This must be the delivery record for me from US. Shipped last Friday, arrived today on Wednesday. :)

Well that was an insane sale :)

Can't wait for my box!

Conan, Alien, Clear and present Danger, The Shadow, Congo, Cocoon, Hunt for Red October, Young Sherlock, Night Crossing

And I already have regrets for not getting more. Might have to place another lol

I didn't realize how much music I bought until I received the package today. Oof!

:lol:

Given the amount of new film music released on top of such sale items it is a wonder that we have time to listen to this all.

I didn't realize how much music I bought until I received the package today. Oof!

Given the amount of new film music released on top of such sale items it is a wonder that we have time to listen to this all.

Well there's also a lot more new crap coming out these days. So I still have plenty time to listen to the good stuff + I get to save some money for the re-releases, expansions and eventual sales.

Well there's also a lot more new crap coming out these days. So I still have plenty time to listen to the good stuff + I get to save some money for the re-releases, expansions and eventual sales.

Not buying the new releases doesn't necessarily mean you don't spend time listening to them. ;)

I had 4-6 CD's in my basket for over a week now, but couldn't bring myself to place an actual order. Congo, Deep Rising are hardly top priority, Tombstone I wanted mostly as a companion piece to Silverado, I'm pretty happy with Patton re-recording. It's only Islands in the Stream that sounds like something I might want. The Wind and the Lion I'm not familiar with at all. That's about it for things missing from Intrada label.

Still on the fence.

Karol

Not buying the new releases doesn't necessarily mean you don't spend time listening to them. ;)

Well I avoid certain currently popular composers like the plague, I'm not even checking their new stuff out anymore... Brian Tyler is one such 'composer'. I've never understood why he continues to remain so popular in Hollywood.

Well, of course. But being a people person certainly helps in a collaborative medium such as this. That was my point.

Karol - who has not heard a single Brian Tyler score he really liked (which doesn't mean that cannot change)